Changes to Reward and Ultimate Reward Accounts

Options

Comments

• vintagegirl
    Options
    i use my urca for the £300 fee free overdraft right up the penny every day and transfer anything outwith to a different account.

does this mean to pay the £10 a month i will have to have the account as a £0 balance as opposed to -£300 if youh know what i mean?
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The new terms say you must stay in credit throughout the month to get the fiver. So it's either overdraft or fiver, not both, I reckon.
    We’re also changing the way you qualify for the £5 reward on the Reward Current Account and the lower monthly fee on the Ultimate Reward Current Account. We'll give you a £5 reward/lower monthly fee each month if you:
    - use it as your main account (fund with at least £750 and pay at least 2 different direct debits) and
    - remain in credit.
  • chaotic_j
    Options
    Hi,

Which savings accounts are you lot planning to use for this?

I have multiple Halifax Reward current accounts.

I already have a Tesco "Internet Saver" account which I can use; it does multiple DD's which is perfect.

I just applied for a Nationwide "MySave Online Plus" as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, however I just re-read the info. on the Nationwide website and it says the opening balance needs to be £1000+!

Does anyone have an alternative with £1 opening requirement and that supports multiple DD's please?

Thanks in advance!
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chaotic_j wrote: »
    Hi,

Which savings accounts are you lot planning to use for this?

I have multiple Halifax Reward current accounts.

I already have a Tesco "Internet Saver" account which I can use; it does multiple DD's which is perfect.

I just applied for a Nationwide "MySave Online Plus" as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, however I just re-read the info. on the Nationwide website and it says the opening balance needs to be £1000+!

Does anyone have an alternative with £1 opening requirement and that supports multiple DD's please?

Thanks in advance!

The minimum operating balance is £1 though.
    You could use the £1000 you currently cycle through your Reward accounts to open the MySave account then remove £999 once it is open.
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Options
    I've managed to do this for a few people with Tesco savers, Nationwide MySave accounts & one Post Office account.

For the Nationwide MySave, i'll just dump £1k in it to open it up, then withdraw £999.
  • ukflippy
    Options
    I started reading this thinking that I'm not that bothered - I only ever opened the reward account as a place to store my wife's 4-weekly pay temporarily, then pay it back into our main current account monthly. The £5 was just a bonus.

Now I'm thinking of various ways of setting up these direct debits to keep that cash rolling in :)
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Options
    Am attempting to open a linked account from my second and third Reward accs, one to ING and one to Nationwide, ING are telling me I need to link the account with a cheque deposit from Halifax, (I assume Nationwide will want the same, but have not yet received log in details), however my second and third Rewards accs do not have a cheque book, phoned Halifax who tell me I can have cheque books but will have to go to a branch, does this sound right, and will all banks/building societies require a cheque deposit to link an account?

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    (I assume Nationwide will want the same, but have not yet received log in details)
    There's no mention of this in either the T&Cs or the user guide, both of which are available on their website.
    phoned Halifax who tell me I can have cheque books but will have to go to a branch, does this sound right
    Can't help, but suggest you call again and see if you get the same answer?
    and will all banks/building societies require a cheque deposit to link an account?
    No they won't, an example being Tesco Bank.
  • derrick
    Options
    There's no mention of this in either the T&Cs or the user guide, both of which are available on their website.

Can't help, but suggest you call again and see if you get the same answer?

No they won't, an example being Tesco Bank.

OK, will wait re Nationwide until I receive log in details.

Just rang again and was told as the accs are not set up for a cheque book I will have to visit a branch so they can "set it up" for a cheque book, then one can be ordered, was told if it had been "set up" I would have been able to order one ove rthe phone.

Might try Tesco bank then.

• derrick
    Options
    Tesco bank account set up and one DD from each of my 2 extra Reward accs set up to this account.

Will wait for my log in details from Nationwide and see if I can do the same without cheques, if not I will try another account that doesn't need an opening cheque.

It is weird how some want a cheque, (ING who I have held an account with for years, although not used for a while), and some don't to set up a DD on an account already with them, I have never had an account with Tesco!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport