Changes to Reward and Ultimate Reward Accounts

Options

Comments

• Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Options
    ses6jwg wrote: »
    I think I'm going to close both my URCA and my Reward in May and go to the Co-op.
    I'll never make that mistake again. Online banking was god awful, just about the worst i've experienced & their 'helpfulness' was beyond anything negative i've ever heard about Santander.

Just my experience.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think I'm going to close both my URCA and my Reward in May and go to the Co-op.

What's brought that on?

Why do you have an URCA if a Coop acct would be a viable alternative to you?
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nine_Lives, there are plenty of savings accounts that allow DDs. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4168667
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    What's brought that on?

Why do you have an URCA if a Coop acct would be a viable alternative to you?

I want an account with an interest-free OD and breakdown, travel, mobile phone cover.

It was a choice between the URCA and the Co-op Priv Premier.

The £5 reward on the URCA swung it for me but the DD and funding business is no longer viable.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The £5 reward on the URCA swung it for me but the DD and funding business is no longer viable.

sorry, I can't follow you there....the £1k funding gets reduced to £750/mth, and setting up 2 new DDs is not really hard to do, for 2 x £60 a year. Why would you give up the £120?
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    sorry, I can't follow you there....the £1k funding gets reduced to £750/mth, and setting up 2 new DDs is not really hard to do, for 2 x £60 a year. Why would you give up the £120?

Where are you getting 2x £60 from? Basically his URCA fee is going up from £10 to £15 while the coop fee is £13, so only losing out on up to £36 per year (probably less if they only pay when the DDs are paid)
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zerog wrote: »
    Where are you getting 2x £60 from? Basically his URCA fee is going up from £10 to £15 while the coop fee is £13, so only losing out on up to £36 per year (probably less if they only pay when the DDs are paid)

He gets 2 x £60 atm, if he has an URCA and a RCA, and pays in £1K each atm. £60 on each account (never mind the URCA costs him £180 a year.....)

No fee is going up if he maintains his monthly deposits (or reduces them to £750), and puts 2 DDs in place for each account.

I don't get what the advantage of the Coop should be.
  • stuckdebt
    Options
    I use my reward account as my main account, but i only have one direct debit for my phone bill. does that mean i am screwed? :(
    Total debt Aug 2012: £3800, Nov: £3225, Dec: £3151.45 2013: Jan: £1544.24 :j Feb: £1492.03 :( Sept 2013: Debt free :D
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    stuckdebt wrote: »
    I use my reward account as my main account, but i only have one direct debit for my phone bill. does that mean i am screwed? :(

No, it means that if you want to keep getting the free fivers, you need to setup another DD, like to a Tesco Internet Saver for £1/month. You can withdraw the money at any time.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have 3 reward accounts, main one has DD's set up, if I set up 1 DD to Co-op current account and 1 DD to Coventry current account for £1.00 each from my second and third accounts will this qualify me to continue receiving the free fivers?

Obviously I will be funding the monthly requirement.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport