Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Options

Comments

• mpon
    mpon Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    The cheapest parcel delivery I found was Parcel2go. But it doesnt works. They lost my delivery one month ago. I sent it from UK (Surrey) to Madrid and i am still waiting for an answer. I sent a 50kg suitcase for 80 pounds, full of stuff and quite expensive containt.I forgot to ensure it so they are only going to pay me 50 pounds which is a joke..

So please, dont ese Parcel2go never.
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    kelpie99 wrote: »
    "We are just writing to let you know that Parcelforce have informed us that the weight/dimensions of your parcel(s) were higher than you stated when booking and there was an issue with the way the parcel was packaged . The courier will therefore charge Parcel2Go an additional £42.50 for the delivery of your parcel."

P2Gs problem, the fact their contractor charged them more than they expected is no fault of yours.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Bailes550
    Options
    Hello, can anyone recommend a courier who will cover a wedding ring upto the value of £500, delivered to Dublin?

Looking around alot of companies don't cover jewellery (well the few i've looked at).

Thanks
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mpon wrote: »
    .I forgot to ensure it so they are only going to pay me 50 pounds which is a joke.
    I don't think you can blame P2G for a lack of insurance because you failed to pay the extra premium.

Their website nags you to take out extra insurance and if the value is greater than the included insurance they send you an email offering another chance to insure.
  • Juzsaving
    Options
    I would strongly recommend for people to try Transglobalexpress.co.uk.. They have been around for years and have excellent customer services if any help is needed. I have been using them for around 5 years now and have never had a problem and their prices are fantastic.

They use all the top delivery companies such as UPS and DPD but at reduced costs.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Thank you Mr. "I work for transglobalexpress Juzsaving". ;)
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Pixeltash
    Pixeltash Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I am a designer and usually send my work via Royal Mails Special delivery service for under £10 per item.

I currently have a larger parcel to send, too large for RM SD. its around 30"x30" and weighs about 3kg, trouble is its value is £300 - the price I am charging for my work, plus the cost of materials. so the amount I will be paid on completion plus cost of replacing materials (customer has supplied materials this time)

I would also like it there within 24hours as my customers are used to getting the item swiftly and I like to know that several hundred hours worth of work is not floating around in the couriers hands for days.

what company has a good reputation, can insure and can deliver a large parcel quickly?

anyone have any ideas?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pixeltash wrote: »
    I am a designer and usually send my work via Royal Mails Special delivery service for under £10 per item.

I currently have a larger parcel to send, too large for RM SD. its around 30"x30" and weighs about 3kg, trouble is its value is £300 - the price I am charging for my work, plus the cost of materials. so the amount I will be paid on completion plus cost of replacing materials (customer has supplied materials this time)

I would also like it there within 24hours as my customers are used to getting the item swiftly and I like to know that several hundred hours worth of work is not floating around in the couriers hands for days.

what company has a good reputation, can insure and can deliver a large parcel quickly?

anyone have any ideas?

several hundred hours plus material costs for £300?
  • Pixeltash
    Options
    several hundred hours plus material costs for £300?
    Yeah being a self employed designer doesn't pay well :-(
  • Pixeltash
    Options
    Okay this is weird... or is it?

I got a quote from the PO for sending this parcel and they quoted £26, just logged on to parcel2go to get a quote and they are comming back with prices over £40 and thats not including the insurance I need... I queried this with thier chat bots and got fobbed off... yet the home page states they are the cheapest parcel delivery int he Uk and all over the website they post about how much cheaper than RM they are.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback