Options

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hogshead wrote: »
    I need to return a fishing pole.
    Dimensions of packaged parcel are 125cm X 18cm X 8cm.
    Any ideas please?

My Hermes. But may sure it is well packaged as if it can be broken, then it will unless you pack it so it can withstand being thrown and dropped and dropped on. Otherwise try something like interparcel.co.uk and it will give you a range of options.
  • Saeed
    Saeed Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

What's the cheapest method of sending an ipod to switzerland with proof of delivery (tracking)?

Thnaks.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Saeed wrote: »
    Hi,

What's the cheapest method of sending an ipod to switzerland with proof of delivery (tracking)?

Thnaks.
    What is the value and size and weight when packed?
  • bojan6
    bojan6 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, I need help to choose a decent parcel broker. I have a parcel with dimension of 58cmx58cmx38cm and around 21 kg. The parcel need obligatory £260 insurance and easy to claim process in case they loose or brake the content. The parcel is going from London to Sofia, Bulgaria. I was looking to use DPD or optionally UPS but can't decide on the broker. I saw that many people complained about parcel2go. So, this one is definitely a big NO. I will appreciate any recommendations. Thank you for your help.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2016 at 9:39PM
    Options
    bojan6 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I need help to choose a decent parcel broker. I have a parcel with dimension of 58cmx58cmx38cm and around 21 kg. The parcel need obligatory £260 insurance and easy to claim process in case they loose or brake the content. The parcel is going from London to Sofia, Bulgaria. I was looking to use DPD or optionally UPS but can't decide on the broker. I saw that many people complained about parcel2go. So, this one is definitely a big NO. I will appreciate any recommendations. Thank you for your help.

I use Parcel Hero quite often. When I have had a problem they normally get back to you within a few hours during office hours. To be honest though any broker will be the same. If there is a problem you are left trying to deal with a 3rd party rather than the courier directly.

Also I would go with DPD if you can. I have found they are the best courier. I have used UPS to send in Europe and it arrived under 24 hours from it being picked up. But had a parcel to collect from my supplier which took a week to be collected because of a label issue. UPS never bothered to flag up why it wasn't being collected.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This has a reasonable value so whoever you choose make sure that it is covered by their insurance - many carriers have a long list of exclusions. The insurance is not a substitute for good packing as they will turn down a claim if they consider it inadequate. You will probably find that anything they consider fragile is excluded in any case.
  • bojan6
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    I use Parcel Hero quite often. When I have had a problem they normally get back to you within a few hours during office hours. To be honest though any broker will be the same. If there is a problem you are left trying to deal with a 3rd party rather than the courier directly.

Also I would go with DPD if you can. I have found they are the best courier. I have used UPS to send in Europe and it arrived under 24 hours from it being picked up. But had a parcel to collect from my supplier which took a week to be collected because of a label issue. UPS never bothered to flag up why it wasn't being collected.

Thank you for the recommendation, it helps a lot.
  • bojan6
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    This has a reasonable value so whoever you choose make sure that it is covered by their insurance - many carriers have a long list of exclusions. The insurance is not a substitute for good packing as they will turn down a claim if they consider it inadequate. You will probably find that anything they consider fragile is excluded in any case.
    It is just well packaged a Dell server which will be difficult to break, except if they don't drop something very heavy on top (like a car :O) ). It come with the original packaging. For that reason, I think should be fine. The extra insurance is obligatory.

As well, thanks for recommending first to read the exclusion of fragile goods list for each third party parcel brokers.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is just well packaged a Dell server which will be difficult to break, except if they don't drop something very heavy on top (like a car :O) ). It come with the original packaging. For that reason, I think should be fine. The extra insurance is obligatory.

As well, thanks for recommending first to read the exclusion of fragile goods list for each third party parcel brokers.

In the past 14 years or so I have had 2 parcels run over - yes seriously. A piece of china via Royal mail that RM admitted appeared had been run over by a fork lift and more recently something via MyHermes that actually had comedy type tyre marks right through the crushed middle- they suggested a van had reversed over it .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Barry923
    Options
    I frequently use a company called Pharos Parcel, they're very efficient and cheap. They have insurance options for you and friendly staff who can actually pick up the phone and be helpful rather than spending your life on hold to bigger companies!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback