Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

edited 9 December 2022 at 4:29PM in Ebay, auctions, car boot sales, post & parcels
1.3K replies 313.7K views

Replies

• sneakysneaky Forumite
    118 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    BlueScouse wrote: »
    CityLink are cheap for a reason: They just don't deliver, in the literal and metaphorical sense of the word.
    No point in paying anything, however cheap, if the company can't provide the service they advertise - and CityLink can't!

City-link has been making big losses for a very long time I'm suprised Rentokil has not got rid of this awful company.
  • Nex0Nex0 Forumite
    913 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    staffsuk wrote: »
    It is a shame they have gone into liquidation - as I mentioned before their customer service was spot on. Any queries I raised received a speedy response with a satisfactory conclusion in all cases.

I wonder if a pheonix may rise :question:

They were very competitive... UPS 30Kg (volumetric) was £7.89 + vat and insurance up to £500 was £3.95.

Does anyone know of any aggregators that come close to those prices with UPS?

Cheapest I can find is cheap couriers uk at £8.39 + vat and then interparcel at £8.49 + vat and there only up to 20KG

Have you had any joy at finding anyone else?
  • WLM21WLM21 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Forumite
    Nex0 wrote: »
    Cheapest I can find is cheap couriers uk at £8.39 + vat and then interparcel at £8.49 + vat and there only up to 20KG

Have you had any joy at finding anyone else?

I too am sad at the loss of Gwizz / Total Parcels ... I always had good service from them. I could even bring parcels to their depot as I live near Newcastle.

They always advised me to pick UPS, rather than City Link, which I always did. The UPS drivers were reliable too.

I have had a quick look on the internet and have found this company, who also offer UPS deliveries

http://www.clickandsendparcel.com/

Has anybody used them ?

Are they any good ?

thank you .. AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
  • KaysterKayster Forumite
    390 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    WLM21 wrote: »

Has anybody used them ?

Are they any good ?

I've used them with no problems - labels arrive promptly - site is easy to use - you have to register but that is quick and easy.
    UPS are my favorite courier.
  • Ianh82Ianh82 Forumite
    153 Posts
    i use collect plus and my hermes and touch wood no problems at this time. as long as you pay for the additional insurrances you need and keep the original money that people paid to one side for safety, you shouldn't lose out.

i send laptops etc a fair amount of the time and not received any problems.
  • WLM21WLM21 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Forumite
    Kayster wrote: »
    I've used them with no problems - labels arrive promptly - site is easy to use - you have to register but that is quick and easy.
    UPS are my favorite courier.

Good to know !

many thanks :beer:
  • I agree with Tony GP, I've used Parcel2Go for sending stuff before, they were good.
    BB
  • Nex0Nex0 Forumite
    913 Posts
    Forumite
    WLM21 wrote: »
    I too am sad at the loss of Gwizz / Total Parcels ... I always had good service from them. I could even bring parcels to their depot as I live near Newcastle.

They always advised me to pick UPS, rather than City Link, which I always did. The UPS drivers were reliable too.

I have had a quick look on the internet and have found this company, who also offer UPS deliveries

Has anybody used them ?

Are they any good ?

Many thanks for that I had a quick google as well but I missed that one!

There just as cheep as gwizz by the looks of it its just a shame more don't offer UPS.

I like UPS as well as our driver at work is very good and friendly and always comes pretty much at the same time everyday so I know I have time to pack my parcels at lunch plus we also have his mobile number if there is any problems.
  • Thanks for the tip on clickandsendparcel. I went back to Pharos Parcel as they use UPS but it looks like clickandsendparcel are a tad cheaper so we'll give them a go next time.
  • borntoshopborntoshop Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi

I have a small box weighing 600g measuring 19 X 10 X 25cm. I presume it does not count as a small packet (Royal Mail) despite it being small. Any ideas,i t has to go to Italy, cheapest parcel delivery I can find is £19 which seems ridiculous?