No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    hugs to all,can't wait for this dreadful year to be over,yet another row with OH today wish he would just go if he doesn't want me anymore.he says I should look on the no sex thing as a holiday and cannot understand why I feel so unwanted.says I drive him away when I get upset.my friends say it is mental cruelty what he is doing to me.
    my friend has asked me to go to Spain in the new year and I feel like going and not telling him just to see what he would do!one min he asks me for a kiss then the next says we have no future i really don't know what to think:(gtgn as he is here!
  • Itzybitzy
    Options
    UU

Trevor Sorbie Beautifully Straightened Heat Defence Blow Dry Spray, 50ml - WBA, anything to protect my hair, especially as i am growing it!
    Green People Hydrating Firming Serum, 2ml - WBA as i love serums but i am not very well at the moment so my skin is playing havoc with me and i don't think this really worked!
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2012 at 1:58PM
    Options
    Just posting on here as I intend to start this again in January - so declaring my interest now! I won't post my stash as it's ridiculous but my intention for 2013 is to use up all those freebies. The only thing I think I will have to buy for AGES is conditioner. My big no no is perfume - I have an unopened box of DKNY Delicious that I'm desperate to open as it's my favourite but I have 6 other open perfumes on the go so I am challenging myself to use them all up first!
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £2827 | Natwest Credit Card: £3362.96
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,592 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 December 2012 at 5:28PM
    Options
    Sorry I now have Ins first time since mid November. I should say some a presents as we had our Christmas Eve on Saturday.

• Lush Rehab 100ml & 250ml (I had the small one but not listed for some reason then got the other one for Christmas)
    • Lush Marilyn Mask (bought with CHristmas money)
    • Lush Retread (bought with Christmas money)
    • Biotherm Lait Corporel (gift from my sister I used to love it but got bored with it forgot to tell her so she gives me a new bottle every year. I dont mind as it will be good for sunny South Africa.
    • Clarity Trio Lavender 2 in 1 Shampoo, body lotion and body wash. (gift I really didnt want).
    59 in the total now no outs but will be doing my best to use stuff up on holiday and the new Lush Stuff will fit nicely for that.

Hugs to everyone having a hard time, I say roll on 2013 as well.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125 May £0) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• kiplingmonkey
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    Another one having a bit of a tough time here I'm afraid :(. Rocky marriage, my daughter has hit the terrible twos with the force of a bullet train, my studying is going badly (next exam mid-January), and to top it off I'm being thrown out of my nice office next week with only 3 days notice to pack - to a horrible place half the size with no working toilet. I could go on but I'm too tired :o

Huge hugs to you, it is awful when all areas of your life are in turmoil. When I have been going through a tough time at home, work has kept me sane and vice versa so am thinking of you as everything seems to be up in the air for you at the moment. Hopefully 2013 will be a better year for you. X
    Hi, I'd like to join please. I'll post my stash soon.

Welcome to the lovely thread - everyone is really friendly on here.

Another UU to report too:

L'Occitane shea butter handcream - absolute HG product. Would never want to be without this but at current stash levels, there is no danger of that happening anytime soon! :o

I seem to be on a real roll at the moment and am beginning to worry that I will not get 2013 off to a good start on the UU front as I will have peaked this month!
  • evilsquid1603
    Options
    hugs to everyone that needs them xx
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    Thanks for the hugs and wishes all, everyone is so nice here :) You're so right about relying on work/home when the other is bad, Kipling, everything seems so much worse when all life areas are a struggle and there's no escape!

I have a GA to report - my honey night cream which was far too thick has gone to my sister who is now using it as handcream. So win win.

I bit the bullet today and told my boss's boss I was very unhappy about being moved from my office and the move has now been put on hold until 'discussions' have been done. My boss now has the hump with me but I do feel a little bit better at standing up for myself. I've never complained about rough treatment in 4 years of working there, so I think I deserve this one. :)

Hope you're doing ok, indiepanda. Here's to 2013!
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • emsjune78
    Options
    Its nothing compared to what some people on here are going through but having a rotten time with OH and work at the moment. I don't know whether I'm overreacting so I'll see what everyone thinks if I may - we've been together two years, I have my own place and he lives at home with his Mum and Step-Dad (he is a bit younger than me) - he keeps talking about getting his own place, I don't see the point and the logical progression would be for him to move in with me or for us to buy somewhere else together - that was always the original plan when he had a better paid job (his words) which he's now had since April.....

Every time he mentions it it causes a row. We had an awful day yesterday as he mentioned he'd seen somewhere to rent?! I told him to go home as I just wanted some space but he wouldn't and we basically just sat there ignoring each other. He won't talk and doesn't understand why it upsets me - this has been coming to a head for a while but then today, as usual, he just acts like nothing's happened.... Thoughts please ladies!!! Am I being extremely unreasonable?? He's also very unaffectionate lately, not a good sign I guess...:( I feel better for having said all that, so thank you for listening and sorry for being off topic! I know you are a kindly lot :) As for work, that is just work and neither here nor there really, just weathering the storm!

Back on topic, I've a UU - L'Oreal Everpure Conditioner - this is the colour protect and volume version - WBA but I think I prefer the original sampled one - moisture I think? Progress is super slow this month, think it'll be the first month since I've done the challenge that my IN will outweigh the UU but I guess with Christmas that's allowed!
  • indiepanda
    Options
    emsjune78 wrote: »
    Its nothing compared to what some people on here are going through but having a rotten time with OH and work at the moment. I don't know whether I'm overreacting so I'll see what everyone thinks if I may - we've been together two years, I have my own place and he lives at home with his Mum and Step-Dad (he is a bit younger than me) - he keeps talking about getting his own place, I don't see the point and the logical progression would be for him to move in with me or for us to buy somewhere else together - that was always the original plan when he had a better paid job (his words) which he's now had since April.....

Every time he mentions it it causes a row. We had an awful day yesterday as he mentioned he'd seen somewhere to rent?! I told him to go home as I just wanted some space but he wouldn't and we basically just sat there ignoring each other. He won't talk and doesn't understand why it upsets me - this has been coming to a head for a while but then today, as usual, he just acts like nothing's happened.... Thoughts please ladies!!! Am I being extremely unreasonable?? He's also very unaffectionate lately, not a good sign I guess...:( I feel better for having said all that, so thank you for listening and sorry for being off topic! I know you are a kindly lot :) As for work, that is just work and neither here nor there really, just weathering the storm!

Hmm, after 2 years together sharing a place would seem a logical step if the relationship is going well, I don't think you are being extremely unreasonable.

Is there any possibility it's something to do with not wanting to live in your home because it wouldn't feel like his? Or that buying somewhere together might feel scary if he hasn't left home yet? Most of us have years of renting before we finally take the plunge into the housing market.

Would you consider renting your place out and getting a rental with him so it's something you've chosen together but doesn't have the scary feeling of it being a big long term financial commitment? I know it's not probably not very MSE, but would be lower risk than buying somewhere for both of you, and it's not like house prices are racing up at the moment so maybe not much to lose.

Buying a new place is stressful enough even if you are both really keen, so I wouldn't be inclined to do it if you aren't sure his heart is really in it.

Really hope it all works out for you. x
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UU - sample of Elemis active skin complex .

What did you think of this mickey mouse? I had a small tube of this one and it was probably the nicest product I've ever used on my skin. Have never replaced it though as it is v expensive. I know I use other Elemis products but the ones I use can be found on special offers from time to tome but not this one.
    I finished the half marathon in Vegas. I honestly thought I was doing a 10KM thingie. But I've got the medal, tshirt, and race bib.

I was good and left the hotel toilletries behind. The bathrooms in the Venetian are huge. I put the bathtub and foam bath to good use!

I wound up coming home with a Nars blusher, a box of four Clinique Black Honey liptubes and a few things I sent directly to the boys girlfriends. Oh, and a grapefruit roll on cologne. For the life of me I can't remember who makes it.

It's -22 out here and that's not factoring in the windchill. Keep warm and enjoy your stash.

Well done on your marathon and your purchases. I can't imagine what -22 feels like. We are lucky that our winters are considerably milder than that. x
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    Thanks Valm, my favourite nail varnish that they no longer make is No7. no 540 (vivid pink). If one of you know of a very similar colour to this I would be very grateful.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Will have a look and see. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family