No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Catriona, I'm truly sorry that things are so hard for you.
    As Maddie said, what a lovely gesture for you to think beyond yourself at the moment. Hugs.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • London_baby
    Options
    Two quick UUs:

BS Shea Butter Scrub (laast in stash, will try and make my own if it's not too costly)
    Rose water
  • Tater
    Tater Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear so many people are having a tough time at the moment, big hugs to you all.

UU REN frankincense night cream - WBA, love this and the smell.
  • sunshineyday
    Options
    evening (morning?) all

first of all I want to echo the sentiments of others, I am sorry to hear that some of our thread members are going through such difficult times.
    sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs to maddiemay and I hope your brother's health improves soon

Indiepanda, stay strong and use your friends for support, things will be difficult for a while but they will get easier in time, sending you hugs

Catriona, you have so many difficult things to deal with at the moment, I hope life gets easier for you soon, stay strong, sending you hugs

I have some uu's and some in's to confess to
    uu - sanctuary shower gel - this does the job and was bought on offer, I still have another one in the stash

uu - elemis quiet mind bath elixir - this really is a treat to use, I have already replaced it

uu - S&G mini righteous butter - this is a very good moisturiser, but unfortunately I have soap & glory fatigue and my stash seems to be full of the stuff!

in's - my elemis TSV has arrived so I have bulked up the stash with the following:
    pro radiance cream cleanser
    gentle rose exfoliator
    evening blooms dry body oil
    quiet mind bath elixir
    pro-collagen marine cream
    skin nourishing shower cream

I have to stop buying stuff or my stash will never go down!!!

happy pampering, xo
  • purple.sarah
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join please. I'll post my stash soon.
  • purple.sarah
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    Another one having a bit of a tough time here I'm afraid :(. Rocky marriage, my daughter has hit the terrible twos with the force of a bullet train, my studying is going badly (next exam mid-January), and to top it off I'm being thrown out of my nice office next week with only 3 days notice to pack - to a horrible place half the size with no working toilet. I could go on but I'm too tired :o

I put together a box of toiletries for a local DV charity doing an xmas gift appeal (like the national make-up one a few here have donated to). It's a subject close to home so I wanted to put some nice things in - including a bar of chocolate. So I've had 13 GAs there.

No UUs but no INs either lately.

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time, I'm thinking of you and it's so nice of you to think of others. You're building up good karma for the future.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a uu

nSPA Hot Butter Fudge bath syrup - WNBA, it smelt nice in the bottle but there was no fragrance in the bath. It did bubble up well but that was all. All in all I have been disappointed with all but one of the nSPA things I have tried and won't be bothering with them again. Have replaced it with a nSPA Cranberry and chocolate bath syrup and that is the last of the 4 bottle set.

Had another email from Body Shop today, I think I get one a day now with various offers, I think they have totally gone overboard. The amount of offers coming in on email is staggering really and I imagine January will be the same and probably lots of GWP sets to resist aswell. I have £30 on my Debs Beauty card to spend and am saving that for next year and am hoping to get a good offer.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Good morning everyone and Welcome purple.sarah!

I woke up this morning feeling very dizzy and weird so have been to the docs. They've booked me in for a blood test tomorrow :( I have a needle phobia so am willing myself to get better quickly!!

4 outs as I sold them on ebay and made almost £20 :)

Rituals Daily Rose deodorant, 150ml
    Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser, 15ml
    Nails Inc A&E protein & vitamin base coat, 10ml
    Bourjois So Laque Bleu Fabuleux Nail Enamel, 10ml
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • Itzybitzy
    Options
    Sold

Nails Inc, Symons Street, 4ml
    Nails Inc Nail Varnish, 10ml, Hanover Square
    Nails Inc Mini, Tate, 4ml
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Just wanted to say a huge THANKS to all the lovely ladies who have posted messages of support over the last day.

I felt so dreadful yesterday, grief stricken, sobbed my heart out, and in the hours waiting for my friend to get to London to collect me and take me home with her to Kent, your messages kept me strong. I've just got back to London and reading the messages people posted while I was away has also cheered me up.

I cried a lot yesterday and I am sure there will be other days when I do too, nonetheless I do feel a bit more human for a day of TLC from my friend who let me cry and talk when I wanted to, and distracted me when I wanted that.

I feel this morning as if a bit of a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
    This last year has been so tough, and if I am honest although the situation with my OH wasn't my fault, I think I've done more to try to resolve it than him. I'm not saying he is a bad person, or that he doesn't love me. But maybe I deserve someone who can be as strong me as I've been for him.

Despite everything, it's nice to look forward to the future with a feeling of freedom. I've felt like I've been in limbo for the last year, not knowing if he was coming home to me and if so when. Now I can start planning for my future. It's not the one I wanted, and I know there are moments, even days when that is going to be incredibly distressing. However, I have wonderful friends, and the people I work with and for have also been very supportive so I know I'll get through it.

Hugs to everyone else who is going through hard times at the moment, let's hope the new year brings new joys to all of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure