No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Maddiemay - hope you and your family all pull through this difficult time.

Indiepanda - poor you, big hugs being sent your way.

Have ins from yesterday

No7 Poppy lip crayon - bought to replace my existing one which has less than a third left.

No7 Base coat - needed to replace my almost empty Sally Hansen base coat and got this one so I could have the freebie comprising of

Exceptional definition mascara (a favourite of mine)
    Lipstick in Classic Rose
    Eyeshadow single in black gold
    Eyeliner in blackest (metallic)

Have a good day everyone.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Massive hugs and good vibes to you indiepanda. As wondercollie says 2013 will be your year! xxx
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Sending you more hugs, maddiemay. I hope things improve for you and your family soon, good on you for being so positive and helping out xxx
  • indiepanda
    indiepanda Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 December 2012 at 10:22AM
    Options
    Massive hugs and good vibes to you indiepanda. As wondercollie says 2013 will be your year! xxx

Thanks CookieMonsta, am definitely hoping so. With this happening with my OH, plus my mum being in hospital with a mental breakdown for months and still not being well, plus my dad having a really hard time acting as her carer and getting sick as a result 2012 has been a tough one.

That's before I add on the more trivial but still stressful things like a month long stomach infection at the start of the year and knee problems starting in September leading to load of ongoing physio.

All in all this year has definitely not been one to remember for me.
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Oh honey, you really have had a rubbish year.

I can relate to some of it, dealing with ill and ageing grandparents and parents is really hard. My Mum has just retired and will be spending a lot of time helping my Granny cope with being on her own and downsizing/going into sheltered housing as my Grandad passed away in September.

It can only get better from here. I hope you can enjoy Christmas and pamper yourself a bit :D
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Oh honey, you really have had a rubbish year.

I can relate to some of it, dealing with ill and ageing grandparents and parents is really hard. My Mum has just retired and will be spending a lot of time helping my Granny cope with being on her own and downsizing/going into sheltered housing as my Grandad passed away in September.

It can only get better from here. I hope you can enjoy Christmas and pamper yourself a bit :D

Yes, onwards and upwards... Doing Christmas Day with friends in London so that should be fun, easier than being with family anyway, though I'll do that boxing day.
  • mickey_mouse
    Options
    Hugs to everyone that needs them.

One UU to report - Olay renerist WNBA as I think other moisturisers give me better results
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Indiepanda, I am really sorry to read your news, sending you a big hug and positive thoughts for the future.

Maddiemay, sending you and your family a big hug too and to everyone else who need one on this thread.

I am in shock this morning too, our gas central heating didn't kick in yesterday and luckily our landlord has got British gas homecare so they came out yesterday. Unfortunately our boiler has been put on risk and the engineer switched off both the CGH and the hot water tank (i.e saying they are no longer responsible). I have texted the landlord informing them off this and will follow up with a letter to them and letting agent together with a copy of the report I was given. I have told OH who is abroad until Wednesday that I am not prepared to switch it on again until landlord tells us to do it, so that we suddenly are not liable if something was to happen. At the moment coping ok but only because it is 7+ degrees outside so the house is cold but not freezing. I am currently spending most of my time in the living room with the door shut and will be going to MIL and FIL today to wash my hair. I so wish I owned the property so that I was in control of sorting this out at the moment I am feeling totally powerless to sort this out apart from finding a new home to rent.
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    Oh Indiepanda, I am really sorry to read your news, sending you a big hug and positive thoughts for the future.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    I am in shock this morning too, our gas central heating didn't kick in yesterday and luckily our landlord has got British gas homecare so they came out yesterday. Unfortunately our boiler has been put on risk and the engineer switched off both the CGH and the hot water tank (i.e saying they are no longer responsible).

Oh no, I've had that happen in winter too, it gets so cold after a while of not having the heating on. It was when I was in rented too - think landlords do their best to spend as little as possible on things like boilers. I ended up taking the duvet downstairs for watching TV and buying a fan heater to take the worst of the ice off. Hope it gets sorted out soon.
  • emsjune78
    Options
    Massive hugs to Maddiemay and Indiepanda. Sorry to hear you are both having such a difficult time.

Maddiemay I'm sure you and your OH are a great source of comfort and support to your brother's family and I'm sure you all are to each other also. I hope things continue to progress and improve.

Indiepanda I'm so sorry this has been the outcome of what has obviously been a very difficult journey. I was in a relationship a couple of years back that was very fraught and difficult for different reasons that I desperately wanted to be ok but when it wasn't and it was a finality in some respects it was a relief. I, like you, had boundaries I wasn't willing to cross and you can't compromise certain principles for anyone. I know it won't feel like it at the moment but I hope you achieve the same feeling of freedom in time.

Becky2 I can totally sympathise on the boiler/heating situation, my system is very elderly and I just can't afford to replace it at the moment and its packed up a few times. I hope you are managing to stay reasonably comfortable. I appreciate it must be frustrating that its in others hands to sort out - also, your OH picked a great time to be abroad!!

Challenge-wise I've one UU, Sainsbury's Skincare cleanser & makeup remover - WNBA - was glad to see the end of this one, its a very watery cleansing milk that can get a bit messy to use. On mascara it was no better than OK. Still, a good UU from the original stash - moving onto a half used S&G Clean Mary, much better IMO.

No IN - although I'm spending money like its going out of fashion at the moment, none of it is toiletry related :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure