No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• CookieMonsta
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Sending hugs to everyone who needs them.

My friend came round during the week and I let her rummage through some of my stash for stocking fillers for her DD :)

3 items GA; 2 Cath Kidston soaps and a strawberry face mask.
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • emsjune78
    emsjune78 Posts: 569 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Sending hugs to everyone who needs them.

My friend came round during the week and I let her rummage through some of my stash for stocking fillers for her DD :)

3 items GA; 2 Cath Kidston soaps and a strawberry face mask.

That was a lovely thing to do, sharing the stash-love, I like that idea! Plus I bet it made you feel good, your friend was happy and her daughter will be too AND it reduces your stash, that's a win, win, win, win then!! :D
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Thanks so much Ems :) it was fun for both of us (and hopefully will be for her DD!) and very satisfying to tick 3 more items off my stash list.

:j
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • rogueylawyer
    Options
    Following in CookieMonsta's footsteps...

I had a delivery of 9 items which do not count as INs as they are going straight back OUT as presents. In addition I've added a few things the recipient will like and have one GA from the stash:

Body shop eyeliner black

There may be more depending on what I can discover later.

One UU:

Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence perfume sample which was a straight in and out and the only thing used/retained from my delivery.
  • Itzybitzy
    Itzybitzy Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    INS

- Barry M Nail Polish, Yellow Topaz Glitter, 10ml
    - Ayuuri Rose Facial Toner, 250ml
    - Vaseline Pink Bubbly Lipbalm, 20g
    - Green People Nurture Body Lotion, 2ml
    - Green People Hydrating Firming Serum, 2ml

UU

Undergreen White Classic Addition Perfume Sample, 1ml - WNBA, didn't like this at all! Smells like baby wipes!
    Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, 10ml - WBA,, nice and clean smelling.
    Green People Nurture Body Lotion, 2ml - WBA, nice enough but not enough in sachet to form a proper opinion on it!
    Total debts = [STRIKE]£3116[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]2216[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2066[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1916[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1766[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1616[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1466[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1316[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1166[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1016[/STRIKE]£866
    DMP £150 each month
    Total paid off so far £2150 :D
    Debt Free by Jan 2013
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    I have an INs product to test for Boots so doesn't really count ;)
    Going through my stash today and sorting out presents and came across a Soap & Glory hand set duo bought last year, it comprises handwash and handcream.
    I have complained many times on here about the S&G hand cream going off - well this has as well :mad: and its not been used. I've other handcream that is much older and has ben open that does not go off. :( The smell is revolting so may have to TA which goes against all my MSE ideas
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Back home after a few days staying Mum and supporting her and my dear sister-in-law.

Thank you all so very much for your good wishes, it was so comforting. My dear brother has had two lots of surgery, will face another op on Monday, and there is a second anuerism?sp that is being monitored, they have started to slowly bring him round from induced coma, but have a way to go yet. My OH has been marvellous taking SIL to hospital and being so supportive to her. Number 1 brother took her today and tells me that he is now more hopeful that R will live.

I think this might be my LBM, with all types of spending, as I want to channel any spare funds to providing some cooked meals and baked items to help feed his family while so much time will be spent at hospital (120 mile round trip), and then to help out financially a little if needed.

Once again many thanks, and I hope you are all having a good weekend.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • indiepanda
    Options
    One UU to report, L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Moisturizer. Not sure if I WBA. Texture was nice but not sure if I could see any brightening effect, or even if my skin really needs it.

Also one broken heart to report. Had to break off my engagement tonight.

My OH can't cope with another Visa application that might result in disappointment and though he promised me he never would go and live and work somewhere illegally again, he's decided to do just that because he can't cope with living back home. He'd been staying with friends elsewhere in Europe recently, looks like he'll be trying to make a go of it there rather than fight to be with me. I guess I could go live with him - but I don't think I could cope with being someone knowing a knock at the door could come any time and it would be the police to take him away.

He's admitted he was struggling more than he was letting on, that he was really depressed and felt like he was losing his mind. But he didn't go see his doctor to get any help and he didn't tell me how he felt till it got too much and he made this extreme decision. Never let on during all the trips I made to go out and see him. If he can't share his feelings with me about something this important, and has added lie on top of lie, there's really no point in carrying on.

I'm still in shock, gutted.... all sorts of emotions. He says he still loves me and always will, but the reality is he made a choice, and it wasn't one that involved putting me first. I guess he could say I've also made a choice, and I've chosen staying on the right side of the law rather than being with him at any price. But I couldn't risk losing everything for him - I'd end up hating him for it.
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aw, Indiepanda, I'm sorry. But it takes a wise woman to know when to walk away.

2013 is a new year, fresh start. I truly don't believe there is only ONE person for each of us. The world is a huge place.

Be kind to yourself, you are a wise and brave woman.
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Aw, Indiepanda, I'm sorry. But it takes a wise woman to know when to walk away.

2013 is a new year, fresh start. I truly don't believe there is only ONE person for each of us. The world is a huge place.

Be kind to yourself, you are a wise and brave woman.

Thanks wondercollie. Right now am going to just lean on my friends and try to avoid spending too much time on my own to brood. I feel rather lost at the thought we won't be together in the future, I'd never given up hope we could find a way round this but it seems we have incompatible ideas about the way round it.

I'm not sure I could trust him now anyway, if we can't discuss the important issues then it's not much of a relationship.

Oh well maybe for the best it didn't drag on to another court case, there were no guarantees it would work and it's just more time spent for no benefit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure