No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• indiepanda
    Options
    Forgive me forumites for I have sinned. A casualty of living in boxes, I couldn't find my HG concealer before a big work event this week. I couldn't go looking as ready for the knackers yard as I do without a serious level of light reflecting concealer and could not find it anywhere. Went to Boots, for it is the no7 light reflecting concealer pen. Picked up the concealer and saw 'buy any two items of makeup and get a free gift'. Already feeling tired and not up for big bash events, I treated myself and picked up a second item and got the free gift on top.

My INs for this week therefore are
    No7 concealer pen
    No 7 stay perfect nailpolish metallic lilac
    No7 Stay Perfect Metallic Eyes Pencil - Blackest
    No 7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow miniature black gold
    No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara Miniature, Black
    No7 Stay Perfect lipstick in Classic Rose

Oh, and then just to top it off....I found the original concealer. In my handbag. :T:T what an idiot.

I've been there - both the buying a replacement for a "lost" item I then find soon after and the "a little treat will make me feel better" when I buy extra to get the special offer. I suspect most of us have.

Let's face it, the special offers are designed to get us spending more than we planned, it's no wonder we give in during the occasional moment of weakness. Going to a work do when you're tired and would rather be home in your PJs seems a reasonable excuse for a little indulgence. Preparing for a move is pretty stressful too.

No UU to report since I cleared a few splutterers earlier this week, but at least no INs either or NPIs either. Think my current day cream will give out tomorrow but the S&G shower gel I've been using for ages still has a way to go, the worst LHJ.

Thinking of all of you out there who've had a difficult week and hoping the weekend brings some relief.
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 9:54PM
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Hi Becky. You should post on here the colour that you used to love. You never know one of us may know of a dupe for it.

Thanks Valm, my favourite nail varnish that they no longer make is No7. no 540 (vivid pink). If one of you know of a very similar colour to this I would be very grateful.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    I'm back in for this month, just back from holiday so have some UUs :) and most importantly no INS :A
    away to read the rest of the thread :D
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Becky_2
    Options
    asset2004, hope you had a nice holiday.
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Becky_2 wrote: »
    asset2004, hope you had a nice holiday.

Thank you Becky :D yes I did, went to the Canaries, very warm and had a lovely, relaxing time with my BF.
    Went back to work today :( same old rubbish from my line manager's line manager (been going on a few years, he is nothing but a bully, everyone can see it but no one will back me up. I keep reminding myself of karma ...one of these days)
    Anyway I digress, have been looking through gifts to give to BF's parents, his gran, sister and her husband have more or less everything bought last year in the sales, however I have no idea what to buy him :o and to further complicate matters it's his birthday a couple of days later. We both don't need anything, but don't want to buy something just for the sake of buying something. We had suggested another holiday in a couple of months but work is fairly busy for both of us, any ideas? :p
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • rachel84
    Options
    so... first use up of the month to declare
    unknown brand of bath bomb(present from my cousins daughter last xmas)
    absolutely pointless wnba

i have joined the gym in the last month and i have made up a separate toiletry bag to take so can make some headway with the mini's. I have been making a conscious effort to exfoliate when i'm there so i dont have to clean the bath at home!!! :)
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sending some positive thoughts Maggiemay.

Good to hear everyone has enjoyed their holidays. All of this holiday talk....sigh...I still haven't had a summer holiday yet. It doesn't look like it is gonna happen next month either, given the conversation I had yesterday with best pal :(.

After months of sticking to the challenge, yesterday's trip to Whole Foods was just too much for me. I had popped in to grab something from the deli for dinner and seen they had my shampoo in stock (I am almost out of my HG Louise Galvin). So popped that in and seen they has money off Jason shower gel 900mls down to £7.69. So a cracked and bought the citrus one for me and a lavender one for a Christmas gift for mum. I can't wait to use this as I am really loving the Jason hand and body lotion just now. Then I seen you get a free gift in the department so I ended up with:-
    • Pai Skin Conditioning Oil 30ml
    • Triology Age Proof Booster Serum 2.5ml
    • Triology Age Proof Enzymr Cleansing Balm 30ml
    • Triology Eye Recovery Concentration 7.5ml rollerball
    I haven't used any of these products before and have no idea what skin age they are for. I will need to do my research and gift them if they are not suitable. They are all gift wrapped at the moment so I will hold off counting them as INs til I am sure what I am doing with them.

I am blaming this slipage on my lack of holiday news update just before I walked into the store. :whistle:

Anyhow - Glad to have gotten through this week as work has been rather crazed. Now I can relax tomorrow.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • Becky_2
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    Thank you Becky :D yes I did, went to the Canaries, very warm and had a lovely, relaxing time with my BF.
    Went back to work today :( same old rubbish from my line manager's line manager (been going on a few years, he is nothing but a bully, everyone can see it but no one will back me up. I keep reminding myself of karma ...one of these days)
    Anyway I digress, have been looking through gifts to give to BF's parents, his gran, sister and her husband have more or less everything bought last year in the sales, however I have no idea what to buy him :o and to further complicate matters it's his birthday a couple of days later. We both don't need anything, but don't want to buy something just for the sake of buying something. We had suggested another holiday in a couple of months but work is fairly busy for both of us, any ideas? :p

Asset2004, Canaries sounds lovely, I haven't had a winter summer holiday for years because I tend to go skiing in the winter. Sorry to hear that no one will back you up at work hope the situation will improve soon. For BF's present what about a wet shave, hot stone massage etc these are some of my OH's favourite presents. Or perhaps a subscription on his favourite magazine. I still haven't bought my OH x-mas pressie yet so will probably go for one of the above.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning.

Wondercollie - well done on the run. I am slightly jealous of the temperature where you are as I love the cold. Maybe I would think differently if I lived there.

No uu to report but have a couple of splutterers so will have soon.

I bought an amazemitt on ebay this week and have used it a couple of times and it is great. It is like the Jane Iredale mitt but smaller and fits over the top of your hand and it is microfibre. You wet it and remove your makeup just with that. I have done a hot cloth cleanse afterwards and there is not a single scrap of makeup left. Could be very MSE as it cost £4 including p&p and you wouldn't need cleanser or cotton pads and it last about a year. I did remove my eye makeup before as I don't want to be rubbing to get that off.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • kiplingmonkey
    Options
    What sort of goodies do you get - do you have any sort of say in what products and scents you get? I am being nosey;)

I have the £10 a month sub so you just get what they send. They are launching a more bespoke monthly box but I won't be doing that one. Overall I have been pleased with what I have been sent.

Maddiemay - huge hugs to you and positive thoughts for your brother.

VALM - have a lovely time in York - it is years since I have been but used to love it there.

Scrappie - great to see you back - hol sounds great and g;ad your Mum had a good time. Well done too on your willpower - v impressive!

Wondercollie - congrats on the half marathon.

Have some more UUs to post so will be back later but am expecting friends anyytime soon - have resisted the LG on the Q - another £5 in my SPC :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure