No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Options

Comments

• emsjune78
    Options
    Indiepanda, Maddiemay and Rougueylawyer thank you very much for your kind words and advice, a lot of what you said really made sense to me and helped me see things from other angles. I didn't really feel like I could pick up the phone to most of my friends who already live with their partners etc, I felt a little embarrassed I guess.

He has never lived on his own and I can see how he wants to experience that and I shouldn't necessarily take it that our relationship is doomed on that basis!! Last night was rough, lots of tears but going to put that behind me today, get off to work and get on with it. Thank you again, I really do appreciate it x
  • rogueylawyer
    Options
    emsjune78 wrote: »
    Indiepanda, Maddiemay and Rougueylawyer thank you very much for your kind words and advice, a lot of what you said really made sense to me and helped me see things from other angles. I didn't really feel like I could pick up the phone to most of my friends who already live with their partners etc, I felt a little embarrassed I guess.

He has never lived on his own and I can see how he wants to experience that and I shouldn't necessarily take it that our relationship is doomed on that basis!! Last night was rough, lots of tears but going to put that behind me today, get off to work and get on with it. Thank you again, I really do appreciate it x

I think it's one of those things, once you move in with the person you love you're never going to get to live by yourself, and for me it's a badge of honour. Several of my friends have only ever lived with friends/ partners, I think I'd regret it.

Besides, you don't want to be the person to housebreak him! Let him learn how difficult it is to cook/clean/wash your own clothes, otherwise you'll end up doing it all his life!

ETA: I still end up doing all of that....
  • indiepanda
    Options

Glad to hear you are feeling more positive today. You could even choose to think of it as a positive step that he is ready to leave home - shows a bit of maturity.

Plus it's no bad thing if he proves he can live on his own and manage his money properly before you take the step of setting up home together.
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    taking 2 products into work today for the hamper collection:

Tesco Oriental Aloe and Passionflower Body Lotion 50ml
    Boots Fresh! sweet as honey bath milk 280ml

I have been good this month. 2 INs only. A pack of Tesco value wipes and a Montague Jeunesse (sp?) face mask. The face pack is one for blemished skin, which I wouldn't normally buy as my skin is also very dry and reactive. When I put this on the mask set hard and felt itchy immediately so I took it off. However, although my skin felt tingly afterwards it was Ok and didn't dry it out. I used the moisturiser that came with it. Again it felt tingly but didn't cause a reaction. Not sure whether it helped with the spotty outbreak or not as I think it was finally clearing up anyway. WMBA next time I have an outbreak as it's cheap enough.

No OUTs and no splutterers though.
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    told OH how unreasonale he is last night .....for those who don't know he has refused bed duty!!! for over 6 months and says if I trust him and have patience "it" will just happen er no I have done that for 6 months and when I try with him he says no so the only way "it" will happen is when he wants it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:told him i am sick of being a housekeeper,it is not what I got married for!

dreading christmas but think it is the only thing keeping me here as two sons coming home and stuff on at church so am needed by some people at least!

As well as the Elemis goodies that I think I confessd to already:rotfl:I bought Benefit eye bright(?) set...shadow and concealer.rrp £24.50 with 15% off at Debs plus £10 off from Debs beauty card made it £10.82 :):):):):)

again hugs to all,so many of us seem to need them!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    Thanks for the hugs and wishes all, everyone is so nice here :) You're so right about relying on work/home when the other is bad, Kipling, everything seems so much worse when all life areas are a struggle and there's no escape!

I have a GA to report - my honey night cream which was far too thick has gone to my sister who is now using it as handcream. So win win.

I bit the bullet today and told my boss's boss I was very unhappy about being moved from my office and the move has now been put on hold until 'discussions' have been done. My boss now has the hump with me but I do feel a little bit better at standing up for myself. I've never complained about rough treatment in 4 years of working there, so I think I deserve this one. :)

Hope you're doing ok, indiepanda. Here's to 2013!

Well done on standing up for yourself, it really is the only way. Hope things improve soon on both fronts.
    Its nothing compared to what some people on here are going through but having a rotten time with OH and work at the moment. I don't know whether I'm overreacting so I'll see what everyone thinks if I may - we've been together two years, I have my own place and he lives at home with his Mum and Step-Dad (he is a bit younger than me) - he keeps talking about getting his own place, I don't see the point and the logical progression would be for him to move in with me or for us to buy somewhere else together - that was always the original plan when he had a better paid job (his words) which he's now had since April.....

Every time he mentions it it causes a row. We had an awful day yesterday as he mentioned he'd seen somewhere to rent?! I told him to go home as I just wanted some space but he wouldn't and we basically just sat there ignoring each other. He won't talk and doesn't understand why it upsets me - this has been coming to a head for a while but then today, as usual, he just acts like nothing's happened.... Thoughts please ladies!!! Am I being extremely unreasonable?? He's also very unaffectionate lately, not a good sign I guess...:( I feel better for having said all that, so thank you for listening and sorry for being off topic! I know you are a kindly lot :) As for work, that is just work and neither here nor there really, just weathering the storm!

Back on topic, I've a UU - L'Oreal Everpure Conditioner - this is the colour protect and volume version - WBA but I think I prefer the original sampled one - moisture I think? Progress is super slow this month, think it'll be the first month since I've done the challenge that my IN will outweigh the UU but I guess with Christmas that's allowed!

Be direct and ask outright exactly what he wants to do in a perfect world then work something out from there that suits you both. Living together isn't the be all and end all.
    After a lifetime of never getting freebies to test out I got two boxes this week.

On Facebook, Revlon Canada had a give a way/test thing. So today arrived a ColourStay Ultimate Sued lipstick in 035 Backstage, a lovely wine colour, a nailfile, a photoready eye pallette in "metropolitan" brownish colours but looks sparkly and has a primer, and two Nail Art sticks. Each has two bottle of polish one set is purple and gold and the other is purple and a clear sparkle "moon candy".

Then a testing company called Bzzz Agent sent me a load of Burt's Bees moisturinzing products to try. They are horrible. Haven't seen them in the stores yet but the cleanser leaves a scum on the sink requiring you to clean the sink every time and the nightcreme is not creamy. It looks like white shoepolish and is waxy to touch (not sure if this is due to freezing solid and defrosting once I took it in from the mailbox). I've got ten samples of the nightcream to hand out, so I'll leave them at work in a basket marked "try me". I can honestly say I wouldn't pay for this and it's supposed to be sage that is the active ingredients but it smells citrusy to me.

I guess I'm not their dream tester.

Lucky you. Burts Bees do the balm thing well but I havn't been overly impressed with anything else.

Have uu a sachet of Dermalogica microfoliant, this was part of a set which came out of my LIB advent calendar yesterday. I have used one of these before and find it quite pleasant, it is very gentle and reminds me of the teething powders I used to give my children.

Had an in yesterday

Elemis SOS Emergency cream - purchased during the Debenhams 15% off, I have wanted to try for a while now but the 6 month use up time on all Elemis is a bit unrealistic for this as I will only use a tiny bit as and when needed so I hope it lasts.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Motoko_2
    Options
    Hello,

rosemary54 - Super big hugs :grouphug:

Have 1 UU - Superdrug peel off face mask sachet - WBA - easy to use, smell nice and quite often on offer. A lovely pick me up.

Splutter - my V05 cond is on the way out :(

My OH brought me hair straighteners for Christmas - So I have already taken time out to butcher my hair! :) Was very surprised because he thinks any beauty products are superficial and we can all live with out them - I like to think that's not true!!!!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone :)
    DEBT FREE on the 23rd December 2013 :beer:
    :j :T
    Sealed pot 7 no 1894
  • Good morning all,

18 uu/ta to report

Mainly ta not very mse i know - but after having may hair various colours I am back to light brown (dont know how long for though!) lots of make up items had to go as I would never use them. I have had some the eyeshadows for years 3 and itn had gone rock hard - didnt know this would happen.

UUs were shampoo and conditioner from molten brown - WBA when the overdraft has shrunk! until then Im using what ever is on special offer/cheap when I need it.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries: July stash 72/0 INS/2 UU/0 TA
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Hugs to everyone! What a lovely, cosy thread this is with a lovely bunch of ladies :)

Oh dear oh dear, had a blood test this morning and had to wait ages to be seen, getting more and more nervous and sweaty. Then went in and they couldn't find a vein so had 2 more nurses come in and have a go. Then I passed out for a good 20 minutes apparently but they did get some blood out!

So on my wobbly way home I bought some chocolate to self-medicate and dreamily wandered round Superslug and gathered a whole basketful of stuff. But then I snapped myself out of it and remembered this challenge and you guys! So I put it all back except for some shower gel for DH for his stocking and left feeling very virtuous!!!
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs to everyone! What a lovely, cosy thread this is with a lovely bunch of ladies :)

Oh dear oh dear, had a blood test this morning and had to wait ages to be seen, getting more and more nervous and sweaty. Then went in and they couldn't find a vein so had 2 more nurses come in and have a go. Then I passed out for a good 20 minutes apparently but they did get some blood out!

So on my wobbly way home I bought some chocolate to self-medicate and dreamily wandered round Superslug and gathered a whole basketful of stuff. But then I snapped myself out of it and remembered this challenge and you guys! So I put it all back except for some shower gel for DH for his stocking and left feeling very virtuous!!!

Poor you. I am the same with my veins and usually end up with a dead arm for days.

PleEEEEEEase help me. Urban Decay have launched a new Naked pallette with just mattes. I love, love, love my Naked pallette and this one is £18 at the moment at Debs.

Valm - I have the same problem with buying for Mr Dolly. We don't spend a lot and all the mens gifts are so expensive, he said he didn't want any clothes and he doesn't drink anything fancy that he wouldn't buy for himself (thinking like me and Baileys). I have got him a North Face hat which is the same as mine but in black (he covets my hat but not in pink apparently), a pair of leather gloves with a thinsulate lining and a Starbucks mug and some christmas coffee. There were some lovely Molton Brown gift sets in our local department store but at £50 he would be horrified. It is so easy to buy presents cheaply for us ladies, everywhere you look there are lovely girly things, scarves, jewellery, pretty notebooks and diaries, the list is endless.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family