The 'Save 12k in 2013' Thread!

Options

Comments

• t4mof
    t4mof Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 March 2013 at 6:14PM
    Options
    Payday tomorrow and £800 paid into my ISA.

Will be back tomorrow with another update as I need to get more money into the ISA before 5th April.

Forgot to update when I was paid £52.46 by Quidco 2 weeks ago so have added that and have smashed through the £1000 barrier with today's payments.

Enjoying reading everyone's updates.
    CC Debt at LBM Nov 08 - £25000+ DFD Dec 2012
    Second DFD May 2021
    Starting my MFW journey: Opening Balance: £138,000; July 2019: £135107.33; July 2023 £119450.87
    2024 MFW #45
  • cydney65
    cydney65 Posts: 829 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    What a month this has turned out to be. Thank goodness I started budgeting seriously in January and now have an emergency fund, as we've been hit hard with regards to a family crisis...and it's ongoing so will affect April's savings too!

On the plus side I made £70 from my two dolls on fleabay, which I was really chuffed with. Was going to put this into savings, but the emergency fund has taken such a battering that the money has gone in there instead.

So I'm declaring £285.86 for March, which is a bit disappointing but it's still money. Will update the spreadsheet in a bit.
    TOTAL DEBT @ LBM : 17082.66 DEBT FREE 7/01/13 Save 12K in 2019 No. 63; Jan £816.08 Total £816.08/£5000 :o Penny a Day £108.50 We all grow old, use your life, the world goes and flutters by
  • MoneyHungry
    Options
    Well I've just reviewed all my bills and finances!

All the bills come to £850, and I give myself £200 for spending money. I'm about £200 in fuel also. I put £150 to the emergency savings, and that's my basic wage gone...however this month I got £260 in overtime.

Hopefully I can put most of this away, but an unexpected expense off £200 has probably ruined that. We will see.

Could do with spending nothing until payday next week. There should be something left over I hope. Also need to clear a but of the credit card :-(
    House deposit £2800/£10000
    :j£7200 in 24 months = £300 a month:j
  • ManPants
    ManPants Posts: 542 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Deposited £2000 into savings account this am!

Hope you are all saving like mad!!

SPS! x
    Quit Smoking 12 years 2 months.
  • stavromueller
    Options
    cydney65 wrote: »
    What a month this has turned out to be. Thank goodness I started budgeting seriously in January and now have an emergency fund, as we've been hit hard with regards to a family crisis...and it's ongoing so will affect April's savings too!

Hope everything is sorting itself out for you.

I have managed to put away another £1000 so far this month. Still expecting to have a reduction in wage/increase in expenses (plus side more training) in the next few months, so trying to save everything I can at the minute as its going to get much harder soon.
    2021 MFW #35: £6000/£6000
  • youngsaver1995
    Options
    Savings so far this year is £364.71, so not got very far, but will have £285-£300 going into my savings at the end of this week, so will be well back on track :). Will update the spreadsheet at the end of the week for March.
    Save 12K in 2013, #203.

Save 12K in 2014 #60
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Can I just remind everyone to fill in the form on the first page? It makes my life so much easier :o Thanks! :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • lbnblbnb
    lbnblbnb Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 23 March 2013 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Well, I have opened a Santander Cash ISA. I need to move my money over from my present ISA. My total for March is £ 1,825.12 , that is Cash ISA, pension and overpayment on my mortgage. I will be moving more over before next payday to fill my Cash ISA, first time ever!
    I find saving less motivating than when I was paying off debt, strangely! I think it is because when I was clearing our debt there was an end in sight and each debt that I cleared was a motivator. I had a moment the other day,I was stuck in a queue of traffic and was idly looking at cars on a car lot. I realised I had more in savings than my car was worth. I am sure that is the first time in my life that is the case. It is comp insured but good to know that if something happened I could sort things out so easily. I wonder if I will never have to borrow to buy a car again? That would be a great change.
    I have been re-reading Dave Ramsay's Total Money Makeover, amazed at how far we have come since I first read it.

Good luck everyone, reading this thread does help to motivate me!
    Grocery Challenge (2 adults 2 kids)
    19th June -18th July £91:15/£150 61%

Save £12,000 in 2013 No. 188 £7382/£12,000 62%
    2013 Frugal Living Challenge
    Debt free October 2012
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another £550 added to savings today as OH was paid. Still to add some more this month after I am paid later this week and I will then do an update on the first page form. I am aiming to get beyond the £10k mark this month.
    Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • lippy1923
    lippy1923 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Confession time!

I just brought a very expensive (to me) handbag :undecided
    I was tempted by the £25 off voucher I recieved in the post, thinking there's no harm in having a look on the web. £££ later I am now feeling a tad guilty because that could have gone towards my next ISA allowance!
    On the upside I went through quidco for cashback, found a free delivery code and I did get a free gift with my purchase.

Hopefully I will get back into saving mode in the new tax year.
    It's nice to see everyone else saving hard and well on their way to smashing their targets! Keep it up.
    Total Mortgage OP £61,000
    Outstanding Mortgage £27,971
    Emergency Fund £62,100
    I AM NOW MORTGAGE NEUTRAL!!!! <<Sep-20>>

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business