Helen27 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi consultant

Thank you for that ! Kind regards
  • consultant31
    Options
    Poppie68 wrote: »
    What? Were does it say i was talking about the OP??

Who did you mean then?

Unless you strayed onto this thread and made a random post, it's pretty obvious who you meant since the OP is the only person posting here who has a very strong opinion.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2012 at 10:38PM
    Options
    I'm lucky in that mine is council owned - but still a lot of rules designed to make people money.

But i bought at an amazing low price - no doubt people above me lost a lot of money.

the site next to mine got a new owner. He put up the rates more than 200% - and only offered short term licenses. As a reult most people lost their holiday homes - as they had to walk away. These were chalets - so couldn't even be moved. One guy smashed his up in protest - so the new owners could not sell it.

Ive recently posted on here about being punished for switching insurers. They have it all covered - so you can't go elsewhere.

TBH i knew Park were bad at this - thats why i avoided them. They spend all year trying to get you to upgrade - after selling you the van in the first place. My friends were trying to get their van off - but it turned out cheaper to stay. I can tell they regret ever buying one off Park.
  • Helen27
    Options
    Just a brief update ... I have just been paid 80% of the purchase price
    Unheard of in the industry according to NACO so am delighted and feel it
    Is a very fair settlement after everything I was put through.

Lesson learnt ! Rent don't buy ! It's not worth the hassel!
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice one, Helen. Well done for pushing the issue and not letting them get away with it.
  • Helen27
    Options
    Nice to hear from you Jimmy thank you so much
    It's been horrendous would you believe the GM wanted to charge me just under £4000 for a sofa 2 recliners only one broken one was in one double bed which was not supplied!
    No idea what 2nd hand shop she goes to!
    My word against the salesman as to contents .. I had proof he didn't
    What can I say ... The truth rules !
  • TonySussex
    Options
    Hello Helen27. I've been following this thread as I also have the same problem with Park Holidays UK. Could you please tell us all how you managed to get your refund? After 6 months of letters,emails and phone calls I am getting nowhere fast.
    Well done for getting most of your money back.
    Tony
  • Helen27
    Options
    Hi Tony
    I am so sorry to hear you are in the same boat. If its any consolation thousands are.
    I have no idea what your situation is but 6 months is far too long!

I took photos, very detailed photos of the caravan as I was so proud of it!
    These have been my trump card in proving my word over the salesman word.
    Learn these two little words... Delay tactics.
    I have waited in excess of 6 weeks for letters to be answered. Shocking customer service.

Find out who the operations manager is. Mine was Danyl Fletcher.
    Write to him explaining your grievance.
    General managers seem to report to them.
    SEND AT LEAST TWO LETTERS BY REGISTERED POST then trading standards may look at your case. In my situation this was a pre requisite.
    Trading standards ( roger ) told me that court was my next option.
    If you intend to sue their (PHUK HO )is in Hastings that is where you will have to go.

I hope it doesn't get to that stage for you.
    I believed in common sense. I did not lie. I did not exaggerate.
    I pointed out the lies I had been told.i prove a serious lack of common sense.i pointed out their exaggerations.
    I had no faith in my GM what so ever. She was possibly a good administrator but not customer focused at all. I struggled to get things in writing which is VITAL.when I did they were noted scribbled on bits of paper. DON'T ACCEPT THAT.
    Do not waste your time with other staff on site.in my case gossip was rife.

So much so that I learned that the park had offered to purchase my caravan back after I was told by someone who did not live on the park who was told by salesman Ricky!
    HOW DOES MY PERSONAL INFORMATION GET FROM THE GM's office to a park resident without me knowing ! GROSS MISCONDUCT in my opinion.

If all else has failed start from scratch.refer to your previous letters.
    In the new letters tell them what you want and when you want it by.

Wait for their response. If you do not get one contact a barrister first. It's cheaper in the long run than solicitors.
    Ask the NCC for their charter ... But don't hold your breath. They were as much use to me as a chocolate teapot.

If all else fails try the CEO Jeff Sills.
    Please let me know what happens it can help others
    And that's what I'd like to do. As you know buying a static caravan in my opinion unless you can commit to 20 years is a con and a scam HOWEVER
    I have come across some private park owners who are wonderful people .. So try leasureglade and Bentley park in Essex .

Kind regards
    Fiona
  • Helen27
    Options
    Hi tech spec
    Thanks for your contribution I have just noticed it.
    Kind regards
  • rock-on_2
    Options
    Helen27

Well done for getting your refund. The more of us that complain, ask for refunds, tell Trading Standards and take action against these sites the better. Sooner or later these people will realise that they cannot keep ripping people off and getting away with it.

To everybody who has been badly treated by any holiday site:
    Use the consumer laws, they really do help
    Always, always get everything in writing or record conversations on you mobile phone if you can
    Above all always, always report anything to Trading Standards.
    Download a copy of the OFT Guidance relating to holiday caravans think its OFT 734? very useful piece of kit!!

When I got refunds Trading Standards said that they knew bad practice was going on but far too few people complained for fear of reprisals. The OFT said exactly the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure