PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• DanielleNic87
    Options
    Oh spent £2.88 at S's today on stuff for our pizzas tomorrow.

February GC £26.68/£250

• she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    Sorry not familiar with this food slicer, but thought all decent ones included a reliable safe guard and really wouldn't be without my Kenwood slicer, saves me loads of money and helps the waistline. helps my Arthy joints etc.
    i would still worry andrew james as a safety cut off thing but i am the world worst i would still cut my fingers
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    £25.04 in Mr T's - not bad for our weekly shop!
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    Just been into aldi and had a shock... Has anyone else seen the BONE ON gammon they are the biggest things i have ever seen a guy was reducing sausage rolls near there so i said hi and "i can not wait for you to reduce them" he laughed
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Popped to sainsburys.

Got a S finest pork loin joint reduced to £4 from £10. That's Xmas meat!
    And a garlic and rosemary chicken joint reduced to £2

Nappies, hot chicken to eat tonight, and a stir fry sauce. Oh and a packet of polos for DD

£19.50 spent in total
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    NickJW wrote: »

I need to pop to Mr S to get some wraps and hummous for tonights dinner - very boring - burgers with hummous and salad (diced cucumber/tomato) in wraps.

Boring? Yummy, what a great idea! So [STRIKE]stealing[/STRIKE] borrowing that idea for lunch at some point!
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Couple of spends, dangerously close to the end of the budget and still Christmas bits to buy!! :o

£10.63 in the evil empire
    £6.86 in Waitrose

Surely there must be enough in my freezer and cupboards etc to not have to do any more food shopping except for Christmas stuff. I need to pull my finger out and get the rest of the meals planned....naughty naughty girl!! :o:eek:
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »

I have a really busy weekend with lots of college work, a Christmas party and an interview to prepare for so DH has offered to do the food shop tomorrow as he has taken a day off to use up his holidays. This will be the first time he has ever done a weeks shop on his own and I will send him with a list but I am :eek:at just how much he may spend without thinking about it.:eek:

Well he went and only spent £40.70 including everything on the list plus a poinsettia, a Christmas stocking for the dog, a 6 pack of gluten free crisps in a new flavour for me and a bottle of wine or him and a pineapple! He did better than I ever do.:T Where I put own brand he bought value tea bags and rice crispies and value bread. Only problem is the own brand cereals are GF and the value are not so DH and DS will have to eat them instead of me:(

I think DH enjoyed his first attempt at the weekly shop. I hate to tell him he has got himself a new job:rotfl:

I will check the exact amount on DH Mr T receipt but it is about £37 and I also have my veg box and organic milk at about £15 to add.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Solstice_3 wrote: »
    Boring? Yummy, what a great idea! So [STRIKE]stealing[/STRIKE] borrowing that idea for lunch at some point!

Haha! Hope you like! I say 'boring', because it seems to be a staple can't be a**d meal I do when I'm lazy. Tastes good though so hey ho! :D

On that note £1.75 was spent at Mr S on wraps and hummous today (because they were too expensive in Mr W yesterday!) :p
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, due to ongoing bread shortage at our house, OH spent £2 on some soup and bread at lunch. I defrosted some soup that I made last weekend and had some stale french stick to dunk! :A

Big shop again tomorrow, hoping to bring it all in for about £45 :eek:
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure