PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can I be taken off the GC this month? I have been unwell for over a week and completely lost track of spends as we havent been keeping receipts or any sort of note at all of whats going on.

On top of which we are trying to declutter our garage + a wardrobe, plus I'm going to be working flat out for the next 5-6 weeks and that is taking up time - so really dont have the energy to be counting pennies this month :)

Will attempt to rejoin in the NY when things are straighter. Good luck all with your GCs x
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So sorry you`re not well theatregirl, have a lovely Christmas will look forward to your posts in the New Year.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Really looking forward to going to Ikea today with DD, she wants a Christmas tree.

I love browsing round Ikea and am thinking I might treat myself to a nice Christmas decoration or two:rotfl:
    Slimming World at target
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £42.81 spend to report. I am hoping to do just one more shop at the end of next week and then that will be me done for December. I really don't want to be going to the supermarket when it's mad busy with the small person in tow. I'll still need bread and milk but I can go to the co-0p for that while he has his karate lesson. It's the 15 deep queues in asd@ that I really can't stand when it gets closer to Christmas.

I'm also thinking "snow" as it seems to be appearing on the forecast and then disappearing again. If it does happen we should be ok for most of the regular stuff that we eat.
  • JackieRHE
    Options
    Can I be taken off the GC this month? I have been unwell for over a week and completely lost track of spends as we havent been keeping receipts or any sort of note at all of whats going on.

On top of which we are trying to declutter our garage + a wardrobe, plus I'm going to be working flat out for the next 5-6 weeks and that is taking up time - so really dont have the energy to be counting pennies this month :)

Will attempt to rejoin in the NY when things are straighter. Good luck all with your GCs x

Sorry you are not well, Theatregirl. Hope you feel better soon.
    £2 Savers Club 2013 - £28
    20p Savers Club 2013 - £10.20
    January 2013 Grocery Challenge 73.30/180.00
  • JackieRHE
    Options
    Reporting in with a £4.64 spend at the local Spar. Milk and cereal is more expensive there but I couldn't face the car journey or the big supermarket.
    £2 Savers Club 2013 - £28
    20p Savers Club 2013 - £10.20
    January 2013 Grocery Challenge 73.30/180.00
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have added up my spends and I am at £339.23 out of £400 for normal GC and £41.95 out of £50 for Christmas food. I cannot believe I have £60.73 left out of my normal GC money with only 9 days of my month left to go:D

I did toy with the idea of trying to extend my GC over a longer time but I think I will just get myself in a mess so will stick to the £100/month target I have been trying to achieve since about 2009!:rotfl:

We have plenty of food in the house and will only need blue milk for DS this week. I will try and put the weekly shop off that would normally be done next weekend by a couple of days so it falls into the new GC that starts on the 17th December. Anything leftover will be used for Christmas food as I will not get everything I need out of the £50 budget I set.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now up to £33 for the month. Fruit, fruit and cheese. As well as other things though!
    Freezer to defrost today. The bits left in it will either go into a big pot of soup or be wrapped up and put back in when the job is done. There are 2 packs of veggie things still in boxes so they should wrap easily.
    Good luck with this month folks. It's easy to get carried away with all the nomnomnom things laid out so carefully to lure us. I'm not going anywhere without my list! There will be treats too thoug hehehe
  • lottie3000
    Options
    Just a couple of spends, £13.93 in the butchers and £2.70 in Mr M's :) That's it now, hopefully!!! Certainly makes me much more aware of what I have been spending, or wasting!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    £11.10 spent last night on a bottle of wine and a kebab !!!! - and it was going so well. I have updated sig - not too bothered as on track this time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure