PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A £4.49 spend this morning. Bread and eggs mostly. Did buy myself a Boost choccy bar as a treat though... And it was delicious!

Have updated siggy with new total.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hello...i am on a christmas roll...went to sainsburys to get a secret santa gift for ds for school and got a packet of cooking bacon for just over £1...then went to the coop and got 2 packets of there high meat content sausage(around 92%) reduced...carted the whole lot home and made pigs in blankets for christmas say and boxing day...also made bacon rolls and had enough leftovers for 4 bacon sarnies and sausage and mash...calculation as follows;
    1 packet cooking bacon £1.30
    2 packets sausages...total £3.98

total £4.28 for all the above...pretty good i thought...also got reduced chicken and a nice looking joint in aldi £7.99 with bacon wrapped around it
    the coop came up trumps for fruit and veg...it is reduced to 25% of the price...really good value

got a stew on for tea on sat and am making chicken pie for tea today...have a great weekend
    tess
    onwards and upwards
  • pinchingpenny
    Options
    more spending today :(
    I feel it's justified because I did want to stock up on bargains. However being new at this I realise I need to find the line between making the most of good deals and just buying unnecessary things! I didn't buy anything I wouldn't normally get though so I guess it's ok.
    7.34 on store cupboard items including canned tuna (I already had 6 cans! But these were packs of four for £2, can't say no to that.. right??), pasta, rice, plain flour, lots of garlic.
    0.49 on fresh fruit.

That should be me done for the month apart from milk top ups etc. unless I spot some more crazy deals (perhaps more super cheap soup)

Off to update sig..
    Nov Groceries: approx £90
    Dec GC: £31.93/£60 Jan GC: £33.55/£45 Feb GC: £0/£45
    Pot: Dec 195/ Jan 147/ Feb 114/ Mar 43
    Total: 499
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    Hi just updating my spends plus a quick question :) I bought some YS Steak and was wondering if it will be ok to eat tomorrow, if it is should I cook it well done rather than medium? Thanks!

Thurs spend - £6.12 including double discount. Bought soup for lunch, yorkshire puds and Christmas snacks!

Today's spend £18.28 on fruit, veg and YS stuff for lunches, oh and more yorkshire puddings (bad planning on my part!)

Seriously doubting getting to the end of the month on what's left :eek:
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • smelkel87
    Options
    Just popping by to report this weeks spends at £32.35.
    £30.92 at mr T on monday and £1.43 at mr co-0p today on bread. Ive had 5 nsds this week!! its far to cold to be going out to buy stuff i dont need. also there is the fact my wages are so rubbish, they barely cover my bills!!

Had yummy nandos style grilled chicken yesterday and having jacket potatoes tonight, if ds lets me cook them, everytime i get up he cries..its been a long day!
    Hope everyone has a fab weekend!! :beer:
    Smelkelxx:D:D
    January Grocery Challenge
    £84.49/£200
    :DMummy to Jack 16/07/2012:D
    20p Savers club Member #112
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bluegreen, I've added your Chicken Satay and the
    Butternut squash, caramelised red onion & feta pie to the index. :T
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    N.S.D. yet again, really resolved to buy nothing except essentials, as away for 3 weeks,from 14th, going to start freezing what fresh produce I have.

Just watched the Aldi ad for champagne, knocking John Lewis ad it`s so funny
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ....."it's oh so quiet, sshhh, sshhh, it's oh so still, sshhh, shhh" (name that tune :D)

DH has taken the 3 children to the panto - the district scouts have taken over the entire theatre - :eek: - so I'm here all alone with the dog :D:D:D:D:D

Have just settled up with purses for this week. £28.55 going into 2nd purse, small spend at Sainsbobs today on sweeties for the panto (not paying theatre prices ;);)) plus bogof pizza for a quickie tea.

Have updated my totals. Need to mealplan for the weekend/next week, but the sofa and remote control are calling me........:p

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello all.

Spent my £25 John Lewis voucher received from recommending a friend to T-mobile in Waitrose yesterday. Just couldn't see anything I particularly needed from John Lewis so I decided to spend it on my regular food shop, and use £25 in cash on something I want from another store!

£14.12 needs to be added to grocery shops - the rest were bottles of wine/chocolates and cards for presents.

Just got the 3 for £10 meat - beef frying steak for stir frys, burgers and turkey breasts. Also got the rest of what I needed for last nights dinner - small bottle of white wine, tomato puree, an onion and some loose tomatoes.

I need to pop to Mr S to get some wraps and hummous for tonights dinner - very boring - burgers with hummous and salad (diced cucumber/tomato) in wraps.

Back to my parents this weekend, so should be limited spends, and I never seem to find the time to do an online shop/be available for a cheap delivery slot, so it will be top up shops for a while. :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yay I have one empty drawer in the freezer. another will be empty when the Christmas meat comes out.

I have spent £4 this week on fruit so had £28 left in grocery
    purse and have just added todays £20 making it £48.

Will try again to do 7 day fiscal fast and make more space in freezer.
    I would love to start the new year with an organised freezer and will be money in hand to stock up on any bargains I may find.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport