PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Deleted_User - sorry to hear you not feeling well and hope you are better soon. Hope you are back with us in 2013
    Havent done a big shop yet this month as we havent needed a lot plus have been trying to use some things out of the freezers and cupboards.

Brought some fruit & veg today though and it came to £7.93 which brings total up to £15.94
    Attempting to finish off the Cristmas present shopping on Monday but this is from a different budget then will concentrate on the food as soon as it is done. Will be doing the dreaded card writing today and no doubt by the end of it my message will be too untidy to decipher . :o I cant be the only one who's writing gets worse the more I do it can I?
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    VickyV wrote: »
    Big shop again tomorrow, hoping to bring it all in for about £45 :eek:

That didn't happen :o! Spent £57.58 in Te$co, Ald1 and a nearby grocer's - the lion's share was Ald1. Gives me £74.40 to spend until the 23rd December. :think: Should be easy enough (famous last words) as I only need fruit, the odd bit of veg, milk and probably yet more cereal and, although DH goes through cereal so fast that we often wonder if he uses it to fuel the car, even we couldn't get through that amount in a fortnight! :D I've got enough in and have planned meals until 28th Dec so I don't need to elbow my way through the crowds before christmas with a trolley, a small child and a foul temper! :p

Some of you seem to be having a really PANTS time of things lately :mad: so (((MASSIVE hugs))) to you all and I hope you find things start looking up very soon!

Off to update sig!
    xx
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    Another shop today - all I seem to do is shop! Also did an online shop on Mr T yesterday but won't update/post until it comes and I know the actual price. Went to A$da today and got top up veg, milk, cheese and laundry tablets. Total £9.38.

Also got booked out of my grocery money veg box delivery (meat) and my 2 Christmas boxes (one meat, one veg) that lot comes to a pretty penny but it's worth it :) Will update sig as and when it arrives. Have £40 left to last 2 weeks!
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • forever_saving
    Options
    A spend of £37.83 in Mr T this morning. That now brings my total to £121.19. I still have a resonable amount of food in the freezer so i didn't buy any meat or frozen food at all. Again i will have £10 in my purse to buy any top ups for during the week. Last week i spent £10.53 during the week, so a little over but i did get one of Mr A's honey glazed gammon joints for a reduced price of £1.25. Worth going over my £10 for.
    Tea tonight is hm pizza (dough rising as i type) because i have bits and pieces to use up from out of the fridge with salad. I have made a batch of twinks, which are going down very well in our house at the moment and a lemon cous cous cake.
    Good luck to everyone else.
    FS
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    Small spend of £4.58 at Mr T's including 3 T's Chocolate Oranges - Buy 1 get 2 free! :D
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from the shops and spent £10 in the vegan shop and £19 in Mr M (hate that shop but it was on the way home).
    I'm up to a bit more than I'd like for this point in the month but I'm hoping to still stick to the budget......we'll see.:)
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rosieben wrote: »
    Bluegreen, I've added your Chicken Satay and the
    Butternut squash, caramelised red onion & feta pie to the index. :T

Rosieben, did you get anyone volunteer to take over the recipe indexing? I thought I saw that you were looking to take a break from it and if you're stuck I don't mind giving it a go?

A few small spends to report - been so many of these this month so far :( (mostly OH spending in my defence!). We got some milk (£1.20), reduced salad (75p), four bottles of coke (£5). Will update signature!

Had a lovely chicken stew last night, made with leftover shredded chicken from making stock, aubergine, spinach and various other bits and bobs, along with rice and yoghurt. Tonight it's HM hummus with couscous, pistachio and feta salad, some pitta breads and roasted veg - just a big mix of salady stuff basically :D
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • mildredalien
    mildredalien Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A few spends since my last grocery shop - £4.68 today on a few bits and pieces for dinner tonight (and some coke for cocktails :D) and 40p on some crisps in work yesterday. Celebrated some good news for my OH with £18 on a takeaway a couple of days ago, which I'm taking out of this budget and I'll see if I can claw it back later in the month! Still have loads of food left in from my meal plan as most of it is frozen, so should be able to stretch it out next week with a veg top up.
    Savings target: £25000/£25000
    :beer: :T

• Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    Another £3 today but hoping that's it now for a few days!!
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Still on track with the December budget - £124/£180 and 11 days to go. Taking packed lunches into work has made a huge difference.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport