Forum Home» Competitions Time» I won! I won! I won!

Got an email I won a trip to Barcelona, but... - Page 25

New Post Advanced Search

Got an email I won a trip to Barcelona, but...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
496 replies 47.1K views

Replies

• nbatchnbatch Forumite
    43 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I'd only gone and told all my mates and was arranging the trip with my partner when they emailed me back to say it was a mistake!!

I'm fuming!!
  • Fupping Baxtards!
  • zoe1984 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the people how haven't checked out the thread yet. Wonder what boots will do as a way of an apology
    This :-)

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=J8MTCQKOwMW%2fWLFnHRIsuAZchFcPesKIEvd4O0zemqs%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fi4.cmail5.com%2fei%2fy%2f27%2f664%2fA4F%2f013732%2fimages%2fspacer.gifDear valued customer,
    We sincerely apologise, it appears that due to a technical error you have received an email stating that you have won a trip for two to Barcelona. We are sorry to say that this is not the case.
    We apologise again for any inconvenience caused.
  • vtyeah wrote: »
    To the people that have been called, what do they say to you? x

said I'd won after I received the email like everyone else.
    I just called back after reading this lot but they're not answering, guess they got swamped! :p:p:p
    Hey ho, going to check for my apology
  • jthd75jthd75 Forumite
    21 posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah I got one too.
    Shocking. They should have had an email out ASAP to let people know.
    Thought I had won two holidays this year.
    Prizes won
    Holiday to Cyprus, Champagne Glasses, Stella Artois Chalices, Budweiser Glass, PS3 Game, Oblivion goodies.
  • dogcat_2dogcat_2 Forumite
    21.4K posts
    I received my apology email...I sent one back telling them that its just not good enough and we should all get consolation prizes...lets see if they reply.......:cool:
  • zoe1984zoe1984 Forumite
    237 posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Just recevied an apology email.
  • camsmomcamsmom Forumite
    735 posts
    I hadn't entered (the whole balloon thing - no way!) really sorry for those disapointed and upset and hope you win something really MASSIVE soon!! Hugs x
    “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.” Elizabeth Taylor

• adorabelleadorabelle Forumite
    168 posts
    Seventh Anniversary Photogenic
    i told them the apology was not good enough. They ignored people for two hours before responding. not only that but they have encouraged hundreds of non winners to go and look at V05 through the email after thinking they are a winner - bit of unfair advertising there
    Any win is a blessing. But I love the fun of the comping community
  • I too got the email... 45 minutes later I got another one saying :

"Dear valued customer,
    We sincerely apologise, it appears that due to a technical error you have received an email stating that you have won a trip for two to Barcelona. We are sorry to say that this is not the case.
    We apologise again for any inconvenience caused."

Do you think we should complain to Boots and ask for a voucher/gift card as an apology ? This is ridiculous :(
    Wins so far: a years supply of Cushelle Supersize loo rolls:rotfl:, £100 worth of Organic Surge products, £10 Boots voucher, Dunelm Mill cookie cutters.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support