Finance Companies

Options

Comments

• Quillion
    Quillion Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    Can we claim from these people too? They charge £30.00 for late payments.
    :beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:
  • daff_duck
    daff_duck Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    Can you claim from HP companies? When I settled my car payments I was charged loads on top of the actual amount owed.
  • daff_duck
    daff_duck Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    O.K. so I took out a loan with finance company to buy a car, when I came into some money I decided to clear the loan. They charged me £1200.00 for early repayment. Can I claim this back?
  • jorodgers62
    jorodgers62 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

in November 01 I purchased a computer with finance through First National Tricity Finance company.

The Account is now settled and paid, but during the time I held this account I was subject to numerous charges, mainly because I used to ring and pay through switch and they wouldn't credit immediately to my account- resulting in late payment charges of 25.00 per time.

Are the finance companies governed by the same rulings as the bank and would I be able to get back the charges I got.
    Thanks
  • ecclestonm
    Options
    I would like advice on how to claim the charges made by Blackhorse finance company as their charges were extortionate. i.e. 35 pounds every time they were not paid by my bank. Does it have to go to a Data Protection process or is there a different letter than Martins first template?
  • ecclestonm
    Options
    Help. Can someone tell me if I'm writing to Finance Company would it be the same as Martins first letter and if so is there an address for data protection as there is with the banks or do I just send it to the address on the statement?
  • carleygirl
    Options
    can anyone help me with regards to claiming back charges placed on my account with black horse who supplied me with a car loan. the charges are COLLECTION ACTIVITY FEES at £30.00 a pop.
  • pigsmightfly
    pigsmightfly Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone else requested statements from First National and if so, what address did you use?

I sent my letter to

First National Tricity Finance Limited
    London Road
    Preston
    PR11 1UP

Is this correct?
  • Matts_Money
    Options
    Well after several arguments over the telephone with GMAC (vauxhall finance) I now have the correct statements.
    Couple of questions here now.

1 - Has anybody had any dealings with GMAC

2 - Most of the "fees" are £15 delinquency. I assume that is claimable.

After me getting rather :mad:irate:mad: with them on the phone I rang the cunsumer advice line (i dont see how i can owe this money if the contract was finished in march last year and then in december they put me onto the credit management company), and was given a reference number so when i got these statements they can refer me to trading standards.
    Fingers crossed I can get this sorted.

Cheers anyway

Matt
  • hammerette_2
    Options
    Due to being paid monthly I am always paying my account with logbook loans in arrears so every tuesday without fail I receive a letter advising I am in arrears and a £20 charge has been added to account. Can I claim back all these £20 charges. Any help appreciated. Has anyone claimed from logbook loans

Thanks
    hammerette
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills