Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Options

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anjose wrote: »

All this pressure from the jobcentre and WP is setting my anxiety off now, to the point where I feel almost feel too anxious to work. The constant dread of signing on and wondering if I'll get paid that week or not. The constant dread of an 18 year old girl telling me I should be doing applying for more when I find it hard already.

Does anybody have any advice or pointers?
    the key is to look at your jsa agreement and ensure you are fulfilling that and showing evidence of that whether on the site or one of their grey forms. if you are doing that you dont really have to show any evidence of what you do above those requirements.
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard anything from a job that they use the apply button on? I can see it has been received and even looked at.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    scooby088 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard anything from a job that they use the apply button on? I can see it has been received and even looked at.
    I have applied for one or two like this but the APPLY button directed me to their site so never needed to have an account there
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    something new has arisen related to ujm that i dont think has been mentioned. well at the moment i believe they can force you to register but cant force you to allow access. however twice now i have been pressured to make my cv public rather than private. can they force us to make our cv's public? i am worried about identity theft.
  • AP007
    Options
    something new has arisen related to ujm that i dont think has been mentioned. well at the moment i believe they can force you to register but cant force you to allow access. however twice now i have been pressured to make my cv public rather than private. can they force us to make our cv's public? i am worried about identity theft.
    Its optional as it asks you to tick a box

If it wasn't it would say something like 'by joining you give the DWP the right to access your account' and it don't
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • krok
    krok Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options

Yes they can make you make your cv public.
    What i do is make one without my adrress and just puy my mobile on.
    Then when i apply for jobs i use my other cv with all my details on.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Who can access public CVs & how ?
  • krok
    Options
    john539 wrote: »
    Who can access public CVs & how ?
    Any who has registered on ujm as an employer.

Thats why you should never put your details on it.
  • AP007
    Options
    krok wrote: »
    Any who has registered on ujm as an employer.

Thats why you should never put your details on it.
    we can all register as an employer :D
  • krok
    edited 12 August 2013 at 6:51PM
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    we can all register as an employer :D
    Thats my point.
    Dont put anything on your public cv that you dont want any tom !!!!!! or harry to see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure