Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Options

Comments

• scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else noticed that there are a load of self employed positions being advertised on ujm, everything from avon and kleeneze that guarantee NMW rate.

Makes me think that the JC are trying to get people to sign off and become self employed.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    scooby088 wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that there are a load of self employed positions being advertised on ujm, everything from avon and kleeneze that guarantee NMW rate.

Makes me think that the JC are trying to get people to sign off and become self employed.
    the jc have no control over who advertises there
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • scooby088
    scooby088 Posts: 3,385 Forumite
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    the jc have no control over who advertises there

I know that, but what really made me laugh was that the jobcentre had a recruitment event based around avon, the adviser said to me they always seem to be recruiting. ofcourse they are no one can get any orders and leave was my response.
  • andyscott
    andyscott Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that the JC agreement now is that to claim JSA you have to register upto UJM, but it does not actually say you have to use sign in to use it when viewing Jobcentre page, does it?
  • krok
    krok Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    andyscott wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that the JC agreement now is that to claim JSA you have to register upto UJM, but it does not actually say you have to use sign in to use it when viewing Jobcentre page, does it?
    You only have to register with ujm if you are given a written direction by your adviser.

You do not have to give them access to your account and you should never do so. The priority of the job centre is to sanction you so why give them another tool to do so.

If you have given them access either through harassment or other means just untick the consent box.
  • Denno666
    Denno666 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I read in Private Eye the other day that recently, when trying to apply for jobs on UJM if someone sent a private CV instead of a public one, the system was simply sending blank applications to the employer.

Has anyone else heard of this?
  • Ratboy
    Ratboy Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    Denno666 wrote: »
    I read in Private Eye the other day that recently, when trying to apply for jobs on UJM if someone sent a private CV instead of a public one, the system was simply sending blank applications to the employer.

Has anyone else heard of this?

As good as, or worse. The website is managed by Monster.com I believe, as a 3rd party, but any personal details on that website are being passed to searchbots, then being used for spam false job offer emails!

When my partner got sanctioned, as my post above; she now has to attend Primary doleskool, they pick her up, they give her dinner, they drop her off. WHAT a waste of tax money! A specific trained driver that just picks up and drops off, the tutors that teach you to build lego???? And free food provided?

And it turns out all the people attending were sanctioned on the same day. So the DWP must blitz people to employ these 3rd party companies? Some Government target?
  • anjose
    anjose Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    When signing on I was told to sign up to UJ and upload my CV and this was going on my action plan.

I have already signed up for UJ and denied them access. I am worried about having my CV, especially with privacy issues and my anxiety.

I look eon UJ ach day, sometimes seeing nothing to apply for. Some jobs it doesn't show me as applying for and a lot of the times my signing in doesn't show in the activity box.

All this pressure from the jobcentre and WP is setting my anxiety off now, to the point where I feel almost feel too anxious to work. The constant dread of signing on and wondering if I'll get paid that week or not. The constant dread of an 18 year old girl telling me I should be doing applying for more when I find it hard already.

Does anybody have any advice or pointers?
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anjose wrote: »

I have already signed up for UJ and denied them access. I am worried about having my CV, especially with privacy issues and my anxiety.
    you can set your cv to private or public. set it to private and no-one will see it except those you apply to through the site of course.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anjose wrote: »

Some jobs it doesn't show me as applying for
    the only jobs it shows you have applied for are those with an apply button where you then select your cv to be forwarded. all the other jobs you apply for you will have to type in in the activity section.
    personally to meet the jsa agreement i ensure i apply for enough jobs with an apply button so i dont have to bother typing in other stuff. not that i have allowed them access anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure