We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Options

Comments

• SaveMeDo
    SaveMeDo Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A placement? Working? How many placements are these charities going to have? Round here a friend told me there was a 4 yr wait list to work in a charity shop!!!!!

200+ people cant get placements

They are probably clearing the decks as we speak, don't underestimate the peevishness of the DWP, you would be amazed at the crap they have thrown at me!
  • SaveMeDo
    SaveMeDo Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There is a minimum amount they can't force you to accept, it used to be 90 odd quid, and under 24 hours, but I'm not sure if that as been swept away in the "reforms"
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SaveMeDo wrote: »
    Yeah I read that link, we will have to see what they come up with!
    What deluded IDS and the very top DWP managers think is/can happen is different to what can/will really happen in real world.

They hear that UJM is a revolution & fantastic, WP is fantastic, we can do this, we can do that, sanctions & conditionality no there are no targets, blah blah blah.
  • Cutzee
    Cutzee Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Did you try and claim contribution based JSA?

I did my application online - it didn't ask me to choose or specify which JSA but from what I can gather (from my own research) I will immediately go on to contributions based as I was working up until 31st May 2013? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)
  • Cutzee
    Options
    A couple more questions to all you knowledgable folk, if I may:

1) Can someone in laymans terms please explain to me the risks of using Universal Jobmatch from your own laptop - in terms of the cookies?

2) Sorry to be a thicko - I still don't understand how the taking less pay thing works. For example, if I need £21k minimum in order to pay my rent, council tax, utilities, travel to work and purchase groceries (not extravagant!) I assume they cannot force me into a job that pays less than this amount as once I am in a job regardless of pay all benefits will stop? This is my bottom line salary and leaves no money for social/clothes and all the other non-essentials.

(for the time being I will have to claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit until I get another job that pays enough for me to exist)
  • Cutzee
    Options
    Also, I have signed up for temping. How does that work if the work comes in in dribs and drabs? For example, a weeks work, then no work for two weeks, then two weeks work, then nothing for a week, etc etc. Do you have to keep stopping your claim and then starting a new claim for each new temp assignment? Seems like it could get a bit messy... :/
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    They are probably clearing the decks as we speak, don't underestimate the peevishness of the DWP, you would be amazed at the crap they have thrown at me!
    they cant sack people at charities to get people on JSA in to work there
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah I read that link, we will have to see what they come up with!

I quite like my advisor, she's quite fit, I don't mind spending some quality time with her.

As I have said, my stint on the WP ends 7/7/13 so I'll post what they do to me next.

I suspect it will be a "placement" at the same "charity" I was sent to last time, and the time before, and the time before that...
    its not the wp doing this it is what happens after. it will be a jobcentre adviser. although the wp have already warned me that i have to register on uj.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    You are supposed to have a "review" every six months, they used to call it a restart. You should have got a new JSAg with stricter requirements on it. The requirements get stricter and stricter as time goes by.
    yes i have had 6 monthly reviews but no mention of wages on it. an adviser will have said you must now be willing to work for minimum wage.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    they cant sack people at charities to get people on JSA in to work there
    i dont think it will just be at charities.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport