Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Options

Comments

• AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    Ratboy wrote: »

They sanctioned my partner, because her diary was full, and wasn't supplied with a new one, wrote her job diary on paper, no good.

For real? LOL I can not see how that can be true!!

I write mine on paper when I run out as they WILL NOT give me more than one sheet at a time and I have done so just tonight and will take it to sign on tomorrow and they will say nothing to me

What was the real reason for the sanction? I doubt it could be the paper????
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Ratboy
    Ratboy Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    For real? LOL I can not see how that can be true!!

I write mine on paper when I run out as they WILL NOT give me more than one sheet at a time and I have done so just tonight and will take it to sign on tomorrow and they will say nothing to me

What was the real reason for the sanction? I doubt it could be the paper????

We have a joker here! The dole gives you the form one sheet at a time? Nope. It is an official form, and comes as a pamphlet, explaining how to fill it out, and leaves about 3 entries clear. So either you lie, or don't know.

YES! They DID sanction her, LOL to you? Losing money might be funny to you? I suspect you are the person that gives me a bad name, because you clearly don't understand the process? If indeed on the dole, as you clearly don't understand the process.
  • AP007
    Options
    We have a joker here! The dole gives you the form one sheet at a time? Nope. It is an official form, and comes as a pamphlet, explaining how to fill it out, and leaves about 3 entries clear. So either you lie, or don't know.

YES! They DID sanction her, LOL to you? Losing money might be funny to you? I suspect you are the person that gives me a bad name, because you clearly don't understand the process? If indeed on the dole, as you clearly don't understand the process.
    I have a SHEET want me to scan a copy in and show you!!!???

I am no joker but you may be!!

I have been on the dole for a while

I understand fully the process as I have not been sanctioned!
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • AP007
    edited 16 August 2013 at 2:50AM
    Options
    Here you go...........knock yourself out!

Here is an old booklet called the ES4JP 01/04

IMG_0584.jpg

And wow what's this?

IMG_0581.jpg

It's the sheet I have been getting since June this year from my JC to record my job applications. Yes I am sure its real as they give it to me! Obviously with the name of the JC covered over and my name and NI number :D

But you are right, I don't know anything about the process at all and have no clue since I have been on JSA for 3 years now and well I have filled in my job searches on MANY sheets of paper and NEVER been sanctioned.

Must get to bed signing on at 9am tomorrow :)
  • Ratboy
    Ratboy Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not fightin to my brethin, I didn't know they supplied single sheets, until my partner piped up. But YES they did sanction my money because she failed to complete the diary, due to not having one, and having a backup diary that they refused to look at.

But the information that you supply would be an immediate sanction. They need email addresses, contact details, phone numbers, the person you spoke to, and info what or how they respond, then ring them if necessary, to double check that you actually applied.

Your form seems a joke, all jobs applied for on the same day, no specifics given. Then my advisor would kick your !!!! off dole, and straight into a work program, if you have been unemployed, with that lack of clarity, after 3 years, what work programmes have you done?
  • AP007
    edited 16 August 2013 at 8:09AM
    Options
    I'm not fightin to my brethin, I didn't know they supplied single sheets, until my partner piped up. But YES they did sanction my money because she failed to complete the diary, due to not having one, and having a backup diary that they refused to look at.

But the information that you supply would be an immediate sanction. They need email addresses, contact details, phone numbers, the person you spoke to, and info what or how they respond, then ring them if necessary, to double check that you actually applied.

Your form seems a joke, all jobs applied for on the same day, no specifics given. Then my advisor would kick your !!!! off dole, and straight into a work program, if you have been unemployed, with that lack of clarity, after 3 years, what work programmes have you done?
    WHAT? All on the same day? On the sheet as you see on just ONE PAGE there are jobs for EACH DAY. I cut it down as I ran out of sheets and still carried over to a sheet of paper to include all the actual jobs and not the agencies

That's just ONE PAGE you see there not all the jobs I have applied for

On the sheet they ask and I put
    The date
    the job title
    the company
    the name of person or email, phone number, email etc
    The site advertised on
    how you applied and the date you will chase up

All of what you say I have not put!!

They can check ALL the jobs I have applied for as they are 99% all on online accounts like at Reed, Jobsite, Totaljobs so I have no idea what phone calls you are talking about

LACK OF CLARITY?

What clarity do I need?

Seems you need that as you have had the sanctions, no me! Maybe you need clarification

I have been told I can write on paper

I have just ended the Work Programme!
  • ammiLy
    ammiLy Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to interrupt your argument Ratboy and AP007, just wanted to share my own experience. I have found that a lot depends on the person dealing with you. Since signing up with JC I have moved and now can compare two different approaches. The first place was quite relaxed about the job search recording, have not signed my booklet ES4JP 01/04 only looked at it, I saw an adviser every other week and discussed the job search, CV etc. The second place I only saw adviser once, then had to come for signings where they would look at the booklet and sign next to the last entry. BTW my friend who was registered with the first place had a more strict adviser who did check and sign her booklet.
    Re: follow-up section on the booklet I often left it empty as most jobs I applied for stated that due to high volumes of applications they will not provide feedback and you should assume you didn't get the job if not heard from them by stated date. None of the advisers had problems with it.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    3 times ago, they gave me a hard time when signing on, you don't give enough information in these tiny boxes in your diary, and threatened to sanction me, even though I keep a larger diary with fuller information, if requested.

if the box is full and you cant fit anymore info in them that would be the basis of an appeal that you would no doubt win.
  • donnajunkie
    Options

They sanctioned my partner, because her diary was full, and wasn't supplied with a new one, wrote her job diary on paper, no good.
    you cant be sanctioned for this. you can record your evidence on anything. this would be the basis of an appeal that you would win. if they tried to continue to push it must be in the grey form then they would also have to prove they gave you one of them. that is why whenever they give out things like letters for appointments people always sign for them.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »

I write mine on paper when I run out as they WILL NOT give me more than one sheet at a time
    i asked for 2 the other day and got them no problem. if they ever said we can only give one i would just say the requirements of my agreement do not fit onto one sheet. so i need 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure