🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stolen Galaxy S3

Options

Comments

• united66
    united66 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    This is all I've heard though, the officer doing the investigating (who is very polite and grateful by the looks of things!) basically said he hopes to have some 'good news' soon and will be in touch. Obviously his idea of good news isn't the same as mine...IE THE PHONE BEING RETURNED....so what exactly is going to be the good news I wonder?
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,656 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like your (and the pollice's) persistence has unearthed a little crime escapade. The phone is not yours to be returned as the insurers have paid out on it, but maybe the taxi driver will get some sort of justice served upon him.
    Well done. Apologies if you felt I was undermining your argument at all.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    united66 wrote: »
    ...Obviously his idea of good news isn't the same as mine...IE THE PHONE BEING RETURNED....so what exactly is going to be the good news I wonder?
    The phone belongs to the insurance company now. It would be a good news for them, not for you.
  • united66
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    Sounds like your (and the pollice's) persistence has unearthed a little crime escapade. The phone is not yours to be returned as the insurers have paid out on it, but maybe the taxi driver will get some sort of justice served upon him.
    Well done. Apologies if you felt I was undermining your argument at all.

You know what I mean, I know the phone belongs to my insurance. But it would still be a better result to get it back as well as the man being done. PS, never felt you was undermining my argument at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to raise their own queries.
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

• united66
    Options
    I dread to think how many phones get stolen from taxi's a year, especially in a big city where thousands upon thousands go for evenings out.

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love this thread. It restores my faith in justice. However, I also think it has to be a contender for this site http://www.shortlist.com/home/worlds-dumbest-criminals

But OP looks as if he could dine out on this tale for years.

Cheers, buddy. :beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Holiday Haggler
    edited 14 November 2012 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Makes me glad that the only time I've ever lost my phone, i'd left it in a taxi from my local 'regular' firm (I used them daily).

They actually rang me at home to tell me they'd found it and put it in their safe

Nice one on finding a serial offender!
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    united66 wrote: »
    Another update today.

The police have e-mailed me saying that the taxi driver who has taken my phone and politely shipped it to a family member in pakistan due to the IMEI being blocked......has been found to of had over 11 phones at his disposal, several of which have been logged as stolen (via IMEI verification) through phoning the police. Looks like I've got them a good one here. Not theft though? Looks like he is a bigger thief than I initally thought. Bravo to Google/Samsung/MSE users.......
    A good result !

Did the Police explain how they latched on to who he was or where he lived ?
    It's not just about the money
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    er they phone the company?
    What goes around-comes around
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    er they phone the company?
    How did they know which company it was ?

Surely that would have been done when it was reported stolen if they knew at the time ?
    It's not just about the money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family