PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks boultdj *helps myself to a cup of tea and a custard cream*

I feel like my problems are tiny in comparision to everything that so many on here are going through. Yes my DH works stupid hours, but he has a job. He managed to wreak the car yesterday, but he is ok and it's a company car so we don't have to find the money for repairs. My monsters drive me nuts at times, but they are healthy and as well adjusted as teenage boys can be. I have depression, but most of the time I can function.
    My cupboards and freezers are full of food, we are warm and we are generally in good health. This I am very grateful for as I know it is something that can't be taken for granted anymore.
    ((((((((((((hugs and positive energy to everyone))))))))))))))))

I have bitten the bullet and had about 4 inches chopped off my hair. It was in bad condition at the ends and needed doing. DH has been warned that I will need reassurance when he gets home. It was a spur of the moment decision as the hairdressers in my local Mr T had no customers and was cheaper than I expected it to be. I also picked up some stocking fillers from Poundland and a big sack of onions from Mr T. Thank goodness I had taken Dotty the Trolley with me. I had a nice surprise when I popped into the Age UK shop, the manager gave me 4 christmas light decorations. She can't sell them in the shop as the electrican won't PAT test them. I must be doing something right if she is keeping things to give me. So that was a bit of a boost.
    Dinner tonight is going to be chicken pieces cooked in one of those Maggi chicken balti bag and seasoning kits. I like them if I add extra herbs and spices to them to boost the flavour. I'll make some rice, roasted veg, and chick pea curry to go with it.
    Now I had better go and see what the tumble drier is doing.
    Take care xxxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do we come across as smug and exclusive? I find that a very upsetting idea as the whole ethos of 'us', ALL who contribute on the Tough thread feels inclusive regardless of status or seniority, it has always felt like a very equal relationship with everyone. There are some whose opinions I personally don't understand and some who I feel in sync with completely but that is as it is in real life. I guess how you view individual posts depends on you as a personality, we try our best on an individual level to help and support regardless of the problem and that's how it should be, I hope the help offered is impartial and it always seems well meant. I guess as in life you could never hope to please all of the people all of the time! Lyn.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    I kept saying to Dr Dragon that I could cope at home when he is at work, until one day when then nurse at the surgery asked out of the blue how I was feeling and I broke down and sobbed (loudly!) for 15 mins, with Dr Dragon, the nurse and the Doctor trying to calm me down :o, the upshot is I am now getting help from SS and "getting" there - so sometimes, yes you need to let it all out! (oh and I am NOT one for breaking down, stiff upper lip and all that!)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do dragons like hugs???????? There are lots of very big ones coming direct to you and a few lurking in the ether for those times when you need a hug on the spur of the moment, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SDG, glad your hubby's OK.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Speaking as a regular reader and occasional poster, I don't feel that the thread is exclusive or smug at all.

I sometimes feel sorry that I don't contribute or share as much as some do, and hope that doesn't make me seem insensitive or uncaring - I have very little energy during term time and it's sometimes all I can do just to read.

I do laugh, cry and pray with you all though. I wish I could mention people's news when I do manage to post, but I lose track of who said what and then think it would be a bit unfair to mention some and not others :o

I hope everyone who posts their troubles knows that there's another one lurking here who cares too! And celebrating the good news as well.

I am so tired at the moment - I think it's my age (I'm at THAT age, y'know - where hormones start messing around). It feels like I'm dragging an anvil around with me - I am fantasising about my pillow! Anyone know any OS home style remedies for menopause?
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • meme30
    meme30 Posts: 534 Forumite
    Options
    Dragon:-I think we all hate to admit we need help and when we eventually burst it's a big thing. It's a whole bending in the wind or be uprooted. Take all the help you need and more, most of all be kind to yourself.:grouphug:

SGD:-:eek: So pleased your OH is alright.
    Give us the strength to encounter that which is to come, that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temparate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune, and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another.”
  • manchestermargo
    Options
    I have only posted a couple of times and for the very same reason jpscloud has just stated.

Best wishes to all.
  • smileyt_2
    smileyt_2 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Options
    Update: it's not the metacam, Tessy has put on weight and it's almost certainly not a problem with her kidneys. The vet thinks she is turning into an old lady (she is 13 and a half) and developing age-related problems. She ate something in a shiny red wrapper yesterday and he said that could have upset her system and caused her to wee in the house. I said, "Really?" and he said yes, sometimes that has been known to happen. She didn't twitch so he didn't get to see that. The upshot is that I have to keep an eye on her and see how she goes and if she continues to twitch and piddle in the house then she will have bloodtests and scans. He couldn't find anything abnormal on clinical examination. So that is a relief of sorts. Thank you for your support. I have absolutely no perspective whatsoever where my dogs are concerned and I was convinced I'd harmed her.

Gosh but I am so tired now!

Kidcat - go and cry and wail all over them. It's a shame it has to come to that, but so be it if it gets you some support :(.

To those being bullied at work - it's not trivial. It happened to me but I was lucky to be made redundant before I had a complete breakdown. Could you get union support?

Must go and walk the dogs before it gets dark. Bruno is still scared of going out in the dark since the fireworks, bless him.

Take care. xx
    Aspire not to have more but to be more.
    Oscar Romero

Still trying to be frugal...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    SMILEY So pleased she's just getting venerable, I too cannot be level headed when there is a problem with Doc, it's worse than when the kids were little. They even know who we are at the vets before we say our name as they know the voice!!!!!! Hope she improves for you over the next few days, have a nice walk with them both and get yourself some sleep tonight, they love you unconditionally, cos youse their Mumi - Cheers Lyn and the Dockling xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure