PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• maccanut
    Options
    ooh thanks dragon, i think the last couple of weeks have got to me need a break but wont be getting one of those for a while.
    blessings
    abigail
  • Angel_Jenny
    Angel_Jenny Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just noticed that Super Scrimpers Winter Survival Tips is on tonight!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MEME - I'm glad it's not just me,( rolls on the floor holding sides which are in danger of splitting), surely not I thought!!!!! Sorry Mrs Mortenharket!!!!!!! don't you just love keyboards????? Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    Did I hear mention of cheesecake? (Dragon sidles over looking hopeful and sheepish {which for a Dragon is a tricky thing to do!}, starts filling the kettle, getting a decent sized teapot primed {with proper loose tea} and priming a coffee jug as well .... just in case!)

Yes and it's a baked German cheesecake too.... It's taken me years to find the recipe that most closley resembles that sold in Battersea in a little Deli behind Arding and Hobbs in the early 1970's (nom nom)

Best I can do it give you the recipe... http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/2244/Recipe.cfm

To make it really authentic, soak a handful of sultana's for a few hours before hand to plump up, and scatter them over the pastry before putting the filling in. Soak the raisins in water, apple juice, grape juice or even pudding wine :cool:

Enjoy....and as I tell all my customers there are NO calories in this at all :D

Kate
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all

So much sadness and trying times on here today. Hugs to all x

My craft day didn't happen, I felt very uninspired, I ended up going to the tip to dump stuff from the garage, getting the car washed (I wash it normally, it's the first time through a car wash since we got it two years ago), I cleaned out the conservatory, I rearranged furniture ready for Christmas trees and I cleaned windows.....funny how much you can get done when you're avoiding another job.

DH spent the majority of the day in bed, he's on a really bad downer, the falls are more regular and his mood is dire. Hopefully he will feel more relaxed for tomorrow as we're off to France for lunch and a spot of nice food shopping. Half price tunnel crossing wasn't to be sneezed at.

In my tidying today I unearthed a pingpong ball that the kittens had knocked just out of reach, I spent nearly an hour throwing it repeatedly up the stairs to see them all thunder up oly to fall over themselves to race back down. The older two cats joined in too, it was hilarious and a very good waste of time.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • RosiePuddingPaws
    Options
    Aargh!

My cats have been going overboard with their hunting habits the last few days (and nights) although I have kept the running buffet going. Now naughty Tortie just came in through the catflap with mouse in her mouth. I went to catch her as didn't want mouse in the house.

She went out the catflap into the conservatory and then DROPPED THE MOUSE WHICH RAN UNDER THE SOFA!!! Now the conservatory has no lighting so I can't see where the mouse is so can't catch it (in the beer glass kept for the purpose) to put it outside. She has washed her paws of any responsibility and gone off to sprawl on the window cill above the radiator.

Now I don't know when this mouse will reappear in my life. Chances are one of them will catch it later and I will wake up to the growling and mouse chasing in the hallway. Why can't they leave them alone or, at least, not bring them in and let them go?! I only hope it is not the one that came in twice last night ...

Glad to hear your dog is okay SmileyT. Hopefully Byatt's handsome pooch is also recovering well.

Hugs to all that need them - and sadly there seem to be a number of people who need them.

RPP
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just want you to know just how special and incredibly generous you all are, everyone of you has their own problems and stresses yet today when I hit rock bottom you all gathered around to lift me up and get me moving again. Words cannot express just how grateful I really am for all your support.

I messaged our support group members earlier and one of them has taken the role of organising the complaints procedure and he has contacted someone to help me sort out the help.

I collected everyone from school and have come home to cook - its my stress release, as a consequence we had a spaghetti bolognese, a lasagne, chocolate and banana muffins, huge pan of chicken stew, huge pan of beef stew and a stroganoff!! I may need to invite the neighbourhood to eat with us!! :)
    Which I am now able to do as I did my Food Hygiene Certificate online at midnight last night:)

DS8 has been cooking in school today and I would like to share with you his creations (visually at least) :)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/kidcat2012/IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

smiley - glad that doggy is not what you thought :)
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I have lit a candle for all us toughies as many of us need it it at this time
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Kidcat lovely cakes, I rather fancy Rudolph myself tell DS. : )
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Possession wrote: »
    Kidcat lovely cakes, I rather fancy Rudolph myself tell DS. : )

He wants to save them until Christmas!! As Christmas cakes should only be eaten at Christmas!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure