PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Did I hear mention of cheesecake? (Dragon sidles over looking hopeful and sheepish {which for a Dragon is a tricky thing to do!}, starts filling the kettle, getting a decent sized teapot primed {with proper loose tea} and priming a coffee jug as well .... just in case!)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,770 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't posted for a while due to life being a little rocky. The only person who sees me "not coping" is usually my 8 year old and he is also usually the cause of it. It will either scar him for life (sorry son) or he will be a better person for realising everything in life actually isn't sunshine and roses.

Kidcat I would willing come and join your protest but I would probably get lost on the way.

Ginny I consider you to be a very special friend and I am a lucky person for knowing you. This you know.

Bossymoo I believe we walk the same path. No wonder you are tired. Love 'n' hugs xxx

To everyone who thinks their troubles are insignificant compared to other people's problems....they aren't. If it worries you it's significant.
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Big hugs for everyone today.

I have just had the magic porridge pot in my kitchen, well crumpet dough :)
    I had made double quantity but left it a little longer than usual and it had started spilling out of the bowl all over the glass chopping board and work surface and had just started to drip onto the floor. Note to self: use a bigger bowl next time! The yeast must have been a bit livelier than the last lot.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    maccanut wrote: »
    I THINK YOU ARE ALL LOVELY:A
    sorry havent posted more DH has not been very good the last few days me thinks he will be bedbound again which he hates and im just really tired then today spent it running around the hospital with ds and came away with 2 diffrent things wrong aah not our day ds got worked up that he had to have an ecg doc explanined everything to him and the girl that did it all made him laugh so he came out smilling, but not smilling now he has to have a special diet for at least 6 weeks, took longer than we thought going through everything came home and DH had crawled up the stairs:mad: now sleeping. i dont think this week will get any better sorry for moaning ladies better start tea .
    blessings
    abigail
    p.s hugs and healing vibes to everyone having a tough time x

Urk, none of that sounds good - hopefully though it is a temporary "blip"
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Kitcat, I hope you get the hell you need.

Lisa x
  • Angel_Jenny
    Angel_Jenny Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Aww hugs to everyone and extra hugs to those who are struggling!

I LOVE this thread! It is the best thread in the friendliest section of the forum!

I sometimes don't post as I feel like my problems are smaller than other people. I have a job and no debt but love the old fashioned side to life and all the frugal information here.

Plus I try to focus on the positive so don't want to just jump about all happy bunny-like when others are feeling down.

So grateful for this thread though (and the section as a whole) as there is so much useful information here and people are willing to share it! It is like a little community!
  • the_cake
    the_cake Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options

Lisa x

I hope this is a typo!!!!:eek:
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I love your signature The Dragon where does it come from, I know it not from Anne McCaffreys Dragon Series
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Would it be possible please to add in the links for the previous thread as I'm sure it's full of very valuable advice for people to refer back to.
    Many thanks and much appreciated to the moderators and those who run these threads.
    Arilx
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • meme30
    meme30 Posts: 534 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2012 at 7:09PM
    Options

Lisa x

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Help?
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry Lisa it made me laugh!:)
    Give us the strength to encounter that which is to come, that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temparate in wrath, and in all changes of fortune, and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure