PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Batch cooking has always seemed like too much hassle to me, but i started it a few weeks ago, and so far i have Chilli, lasagna, spag bol and kedgeree in the freezer.
    I am DEFINITELY seeing the advantage this morning, i have just taken a lasagna out of the freezer for tonights dinner :) No cooking for me this evening!!
  • Can you please put me down for £200. That's from today to the 28th and for all groceries, household cleaning & toiletries...and the odd bottle of wine!!Trying to get back on track and be more organised with meal planning etc again. Have pretty empty cupboards so will be a challenge.

I am planning a shop today or tomorrow at Mr S as have a £6 off £30 voucher. I will see.

I would like to get back into batch cooking and baking so will be stocking up on ingredients for this
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • keeping to my promise to do better this month of keeping track of spends...
    sticking to the oct food/house hold stuff budget of £200 for the month.

I have a note book, and a pot to put the reciepts in..
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Well, the best laid plans of mice ... I've just been to the supermarket and bought cheap ice cream, bananas and a pint of milk and spent £2.60. That's my limit for today, I hope! Now snuggled up on the sofa, DH watching the F1, and me trying to tweak our mealplan to make it a bit cheaper. :)

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • I'm going to go for £200 again this month. This is from the 26th which was payday. We failed miserably this month with me popping to the Costa at work for lunch too many times rather than taking a pack up and too many takeaways.
    First spend of the month was an Aldi trip where I spent £72 which should last a couple of weeks bar milk and bread. Did include a few bits to put away for xmas like crackers and stollen bites.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
  • medsdemon
    medsdemon Posts: 761 Forumite
    Well that was my first shop of the month done. Spent £37.90 and bought everything to feed us this week apart from a milk top-up sometime midweek when we run out.

Meals planned: Thai Green curry noodle soup, sausage and bean cobbler and broccoli, chilli and rice, lentil shepherds pie, fishfingers/gf alternative and chips and baked beans, spicy lentil soup. Will bake the lemon and rosemary cake this afternoon from Nigel Slaters prog this week and have soup, porridge or leftovers for lunches.. i am out on weds, friday and sunday evenings but will be one of the basic meals for dd to prepare herself.
    Grocery challenge October: £228.28/£250.00 NSD 4 ( not completed)
    Grocery challenge November : £291.65/300.00 NSD 10
    Grocery challenge December : £0/240.00 NSD
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Popped into T to get some sugar and milk, and got some great reduced bits. Have now learnt that 3pm-3.10pm on a Sunday is the best time to get some great reduction in my local T :)

I coudl have got LOADS of great reduced bits, but i have no space in my freezer, and the kids are away with their dad tomorrow-Wednesday evening. Its not a bargain if you dont need it!!

I am on a mission to get as much of my Christmas menu reduced as possible, so picked up some 'The Finest' carrots (was £2.25, now 25p), and froze them (to have marinaded in OJ and honey), to go with the YS sausages i picked up last week (were £2.69, now 59p) which will be soy and cranberry glazed :)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,862 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Budgets done to here :)

Suffolk Lass - thanks for highlighting the figures when others can't - much appreciated :A

I'm still on my October GC but will see you over here from Wednesday onwards.

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • Did what I hope will be a monthly shop today with DM, freezers and cupboards are back to full after running down everything last month.

Sub total was £161 but managed to knock that back with coupons and special savings/bulk buys. :D

Also the very nice man at the clearance aisle for the frozen section was there and I asked him when he was going to do second y/s reductions and he was just about to do them - so got several things half price!!! :T
    Got 3 frozen cod and chip portions, 1 large cheese and bacon pasta which I have separated into three portions and frozen, 1 large chili con carne which was separated into two portions and frozen (one of which I will have tomorrow), so that will see me through for 2-3 weeks. also got a lovely apple and blackberry pie half price! :)

So total spend £146.23 :)
  • *sticks head in door tentatively*

Hi folks, sorry not been around for ages ..... unfortunately enforced emergency hospital stay wiped out a fair bit of October :( (home yesterday).

On Dr / nutritionist advice am having to totally change my diet which may last for quite a while and impact on the budgets a lot - a necessary evil I'm afraid to try to get better so needs must.

I'm therefore bowing out of the annual challenge for the remainder of the year - really need to concentrate on getting back on my feet & healthy without the pressure of reading in my sig how much over budget I'm going! :o (I will still be keeping track in my spreadsheet tho' - so I've some idea for setting next years budget)

Will be popping in for inspiration & will def be back for next year when hopefully things will be nice & settled and I can start again!!!

Best of luck for everyone for the remainder of the year.:)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure