Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 11

New Post Advanced Search

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 22 October 2012 at 2:33PM in Old Style MoneySaving
907 replies 76.3K views

Replies

• First spend for this month - £15.74 on various bits and chocolate!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • KolaKubeKolaKube Forumite
    427 posts
    £4.47 just spent at the local shop... on bread, milk, tomato puree and a 6 pack of crisps (tut tut!)

Making a 'fakeaway' this evening of HM ham and mushroom pizza and garlic bread. OH has a few beers in and as I'm 6 months pregnant I'll be sticking to the fruit juice :)
    MFW Sept 2013 Starting balance: £101160.59 25 years :eek:
    OPs 2013-2014: £64.33 :o MFW #78
  • October started well then the broadband died and I've lost track of where I am with the budget and spends. Think I'm still within budget (just) but can't be sure.
    So I'll just do a bits and pieces shop this weekend on essentials and hopefully come in at around a tenner - that will be the end of October for me.

November will be a 4 week month for me so I'll go for £120 - thats for all food and drinks, toiletries, household stuff and dog food for me and one greedy dog.
    January grocery spending - £82.73/ £120
  • hi please can i join the thread for november.
    my cupboards and freezers are quite full so i am aiming for £50 for the month as i dont need anything and am planning to make bread so i will just need bits and bobs.
    there is just 2 adults and i think i have easily got 3 weeks worth of meals.
    i am currently 22 weeks pregnant so ideally need to keep track of spending as i will be losing a bit of money when i go on maternity.on a good note i am officially debt free today :j:j:j:j:j and would like to keep it that way so the extra money i am planning to save for when baby arrives,we are also doing the house up and i think posting on here and reading other posts will help.we was going to celebrate with a takeaway but am going to use stuff in the freezer and do pizza,garlic bread and other nibbles and instead of renting a film we have sold some old ones and used the credit to get some more so hasnt really cost anything.:)
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • the joys of working my day off .. i have not spend much money shoping lol.
    HEADS up guys i will be doing what others have done and stocking up on the Aldi veg before it changes sunday
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • I had to bow out of October as completely lost track!!!! Need to be super good this month though and I am aiming for £250 this month. Not going to include meals out in this as I have taken a seperate amount out for that. Need to be super frugal as OH is starting new job on Monday which is a 70 mile round trip as opposed to his current 10 mile round trip!!! And we have a very very unreliable car so desperately need to save to get a new one so I can have the old banger - at the moment I will have to walk or get the bus for the 2 1/2 mile journey. And theres the wedding... Oh dear think I just need a windfall!!!

I know that feeling! My DH had to start a new job in May which is an 82 mile round trip - petrol costs horrible and car insurance and maintenance costs up too. He used to travel by train and I had the car - now I have to make do without one which I've just about adjusted to now.
    hi please can i join the thread for november.
    my cupboards and freezers are quite full so i am aiming for £50 for the month as i dont need anything and am planning to make bread so i will just need bits and bobs.
    there is just 2 adults and i think i have easily got 3 weeks worth of meals.
    i am currently 22 weeks pregnant so ideally need to keep track of spending as i will be losing a bit of money when i go on maternity.on a good note i am officially debt free today :j:j:j:j:j and would like to keep it that way so the extra money i am planning to save for when baby arrives,we are also doing the house up and i think posting on here and reading other posts will help.we was going to celebrate with a takeaway but am going to use stuff in the freezer and do pizza,garlic bread and other nibbles and instead of renting a film we have sold some old ones and used the credit to get some more so hasnt really cost anything.:)

Well done!!!

Thanks for running this thread :T. Please can you put me down for £320 for the month, £80 a week which I will try my hardest to stick to :D.
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • Hi have done this before but not for a long while i need to do this as Christmas is getting to close for comfort , and i still have a lot of presents to buy. I'm not to bothered about food shopping as we are going to the mil as the only day I get off over Christmas is Christmas day as i work for MrS and we open on boxing day (Greedy !!!!!!s) So can you put me down for £300.00 sorry can not post in red or enlarge my lap top will not do it

Thanks
    Dee
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • edited 27 October 2012 at 8:37AM
    giengien Forumite
    1.6K posts
    edited 27 October 2012 at 8:37AM
    I usually lurk on here and just keep an eye on my receipts but this month is so tight I've got to track practically every penny. I've gone back to the old fashioned way of having envelopes with money in them pinned on the notice board.

My budget is 600€ for 2 adults, 2 teenagers, a child, 1 dog 1 cat.

I save money by going over the border to shop and using Lid* and Ald* a lot.

Friday was pay day and I got 100.64 € worth of groceries, which I'm hoping will last a week. My store cupboard is pretty good.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• I am going for £360 for November please. I started yesterday.
    lemmings1986, well done on being debt free!
    Good luck to everyone and thanks to those running the thread.
    FS
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • edited 27 October 2012 at 8:48AM
    franby64franby64 Forumite
    937 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27 October 2012 at 8:48AM
    Morning

Can I come back as well please?
    I really need to have a good month in November and use up anything that has been in the cupboard too long (TVP mince, various pulses, a block of creamed coconut, a tin of mangoes).
    So I'll do a reccy, a plan and the first Nov shop will be Weds night.

Thank you to Zippychick, Rosie and Coxy for running the thread and could you put me down for £375 this month please.
    May Shopping Challenge. 10/5. Budget £310 Spent £118.25.. £191.75 left. So £9.13 a day.