New Post Advanced Search

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 22 October 2012 at 2:33PM in Old Style MoneySaving
907 replies 76.4K views

Replies

• WinchelseaWinchelsea Forumite
    693 posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks zippychick for getting us on track again.

Can I stick to £7 a week again please?

Good luck everyone - happy and healthy eating!
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • KitchenbunnyKitchenbunny Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon, everyone. I've really got to get back into this. I'm going to put our budget at £180 and hope I can stay under it. Things have been hectic but I need to get a grip and get organised. Hope you don't mind!

KB xx

• allie23allie23 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks please put me down for £150 again this month.

I have already spent £60 of this today but am determined the food we bought will last at 2 weeks. The change for me is being back at work during the day and having to think about what to take with me both for lunch and break time snacks.

I have settled on soup for the start of the week and then baked potatoes and cheese later in the week. There is enough stuff to make shed loads of soup so I will freeze some for next week. Snack wise it will be fruit and youghurt.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2020
    Save £12k in 2020 - Challenger No 4 - £20,756/£35,000
    July Grocery Challenge £151.63/£200
  • WantToBeSEWantToBeSE Forumite
    7.7K posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks SL for the idea, that sounds lovly, i'll pop it onto my list of baking things to try out :)
  • MrsCDMrsCD Forumite
    813 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    hi please can i join the thread for november.
    my cupboards and freezers are quite full so i am aiming for £50 for the month as i dont need anything and am planning to make bread so i will just need bits and bobs.
    there is just 2 adults and i think i have easily got 3 weeks worth of meals.
    i am currently 22 weeks pregnant so ideally need to keep track of spending as i will be losing a bit of money when i go on maternity.on a good note i am officially debt free today :j:j:j:j:j and would like to keep it that way so the extra money i am planning to save for when baby arrives,we are also doing the house up and i think posting on here and reading other posts will help.we was going to celebrate with a takeaway but am going to use stuff in the freezer and do pizza,garlic bread and other nibbles and instead of renting a film we have sold some old ones and used the credit to get some more so hasnt really cost anything.:)
    Well done :T:T:T:T:T:T
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    I also have raisin flapjacks in the oven. My house smells lovely!
    Trying my hardest not to spend any money at all, so am trying to find cheap, easy to make savoury snacks, if anyone has any good suggestions/recommendations?
    Pastry straws - leftover pastry from HM quiches/mince pies (any non-sweet type) spread with Marmite if you like it, brush with milk or egg if you don't - and sprinkled with a little grated cheese, cut into 1cm wide lengths then cooked until golden. You can twist them before cooking if you want them to look prettier!
    #59 Saving for Christmas 2020
  • icontinuetodreamicontinuetodream Forumite
    992 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, can you put me down for £150 this month please :D I have done this challenge previously but have been off the boards for a while so looking forward to starting again!! ;)
    Mortgage 12.12.12 £55842 12.12.13 £42716 14.12.14 £28837 13.12.15 £25913
    Mortgage OP £50/£600 House Fund £420/£5000
  • KitchenbunnyKitchenbunny Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I might have to have my first spend of the Challenge today - we need milk and DH wants some bananas for his lunches next week so we'll have to see. Might have to pop across to Mr T later. As long as I can stick to the list it'll be OK. As of now, the mealplan is set up on my spreadsheet and looks appetising enough to keep us interested!

Today we're having roast beef with all the trimmings, hopefully with LOTS of leftovers to make into other things in the week. Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

KB xx

• WantToBeSEWantToBeSE Forumite
    7.7K posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrsCD wrote: »
    Pastry straws - leftover pastry from HM quiches/mince pies (any non-sweet type) spread with Marmite if you like it, brush with milk or egg if you don't - and sprinkled with a little grated cheese, cut into 1cm wide lengths then cooked until golden. You can twist them before cooking if you want them to look prettier!

Many thanks Mrs CD, i'll pop those on my list as well :)
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrsCD, I've added your Pastry Straws to the recipe index :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • hi all well i managed not to buy any food yesterday which is a huge achievement for me and arnt planning on going out today too cold so another nsd :j:j.so budget still intact.
    plan for today make cheese and onion pastys for oh packup tomorrow
    make some cheese straws thanks for the recipe mrs cd
    and some more cupcakes as the other ones got eaten :D
    and cook sunday dinner
    hope every1 has a good day :)
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012