PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Put me down for £80 this month please. Just me but I'm getting back into it and I feel like I should be eating more fresh stuff now that I can afford the extra few quid :o

I spent £17 something at Mr T today, already lost the receipt :o I was eyeing up a big tub of deli olives reduced to 50p then the woman in front hogging the whole shelf knocked it over so I gave up.
    My local high street is actually really nice, loads of grocers (european and asian so lots of nice stuff) and two butchers so I will be making the effort to shop there. Not that it's much effort when Mr T is a bus ride away!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • cornishchick
    Options
    declaring a £22 spend yesterday, which included bubble wrap for moving, and £1.18 on milk today.. so total so far £23.18. hey I can do adding up:D
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • Need2bthrifty
    Options
    Please can I join in again, it’s been quite a while since I did the GC and I have been getting very lazy about checking up on my expenses.

I’ve been totally inspired by the £7.00 a week thread and need to get things back under control as I have been wasting/throwing away stuff that is past its best. Although that thread was based on two people for the week I am only catering for me and occasional visitors, I will be counting food, cleaning materials & toiletries.

Because I have a well stock freezer & store-cupboard I am putting myself on a budget of £50 for the next 4 weeks 29th Oct – 25th Nov.

Already spent £2.76 on 4 of @ldi’s super 6, so off to do some menu planning.
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have 11.62 to add to my total - had to get a bit of cheese and mince today. Just 100g mince to make a sauce for some gnocchi for tomorrow.
    I think I have everything else until Friday so I'm hoping to have no more grocery spends until then... and that would be an amazing result!
    Trying to keep in budget.

• little_miss_moneysaver_3
    Options
    Hello all!
    I've been AWOL since the arrival of Zachary but am ready to get back on track. I'm aiming for £50 a week for November. I start on a Monday and spent 10.29 so have £39.71 remaining. This budget includes food, toiletries, household stuff. Although I'm pretty stocked up on toilet roll, kitchen roll, washing powder, toiletries and nappies ;)

Looking forward to catching up with everyone (hopefully)

LMM x
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • Bunny112
    Bunny112 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone

I'm new! :) I registered last month and just watched the thread and tried to keep track and stick to my budget, but I think I will do better if I declare things on here and actually make myself responsible for telling someone when I have spent money! I started out strong last month but wavered a little at the end, and i didn't track all the small spends so I don't know precisely where my budget stands at the end of the month.

So here goes, my month started 24th Oct - 24th Nov, I will be setting my budget at £200 as a starting point, lets see if we can stick to it, for me, hubbie and our 1 yr old. So far I have done one big shop with enough for lunches for the month (I hope) and dinners for a fortnight at Mr S £119, and declaring £1.89 on milk and biscuits for work yesterday so that means £79.11 for the rest of the month :eek:.

Fingers Crossed I can stick to that, and good luck to everyone else.
    Debt Amount: £12,000 = Loan
    DFD: Unplanned
  • Gorgeestwo
    Options
    Good morning, I'm joining up to the challenge again, not quite sure where the money is going again :( have set a budget of £300 for November, will be a minor miracle if we do it tbh but going to give it a good go! Off to Mr T's later to do my first November shop, armed with my list, that I WILL stick to (especially as I'm going without the kids and DH :j)
    Good luck to everyone for November :)
  • forever_saving
    Options
    I have spent £58.05 so far. I do have a reasonable of food in so should be ok for the rest of the week. Famous last words.
    Good luck to everyone else.
    FS
    Jan GC £298.62/£300 Feb £298.01/£300 March £331.06/£300 April £69.96/£300
    Learning to accept the things i cannot change
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi everyone, im over from October. I would like to put myself down for £60 for November to run till end of month. This is include everything, food, cleaning stuff, toiletries and alcohol, it does also include going out, but im not big into that anymore and if i go out for special occasions like someones birthday, i then dont count. I massively missed this target last month, came £30 over budget, but I know i can do this as i have loads of stores, so i am going to try again. Welcome to all newbies and i will try to catch up the thread.

Florenceem
    I noticed that Flo has posted on a couple of boards this month, for those of us that were worried about her.
  • lemmings1986
    Options
    hi all
    small spend to report 57p on 3 bags of mixed nuts reduced from £1.99 to 19p each couldnt resist oh loves them and have still got £7.43 to last till friday which is doable as i dont think i need anything.
    ive also decided when my mrt vouchers come im going to use £5 of it to double up for frozen and get a turkey to put away for xmas for me and oh.
    need2bthriftywhats the £7.00 a week thread? had a quick look but couldnt find anything thanks in advance.:)
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family