EXPIRED Sainsburys wine 25% off from 19th oct.

Options

Comments

• pullenuk
    pullenuk Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    Our store getting two deliveries a day, don't blame the online service if it's out of stock and then you go in and find it. Its simply because either of the following

1) The local store to you isn't an online store, it comes elsewhere.
    2) The van had to be on the road by a certain time, therefore the shopping had to be shopped at a certain time. It can be that it was out of stock when the shopper shops your order, but it had come in between the shopping time and the time you went in and found it.

Also some customers are taking the MICK!

We had a customer that we had to ask to leave because he came in picked up EVERY case of the champagne on the shelf. He was stopped and explained it was a maximum of 4 cases. So he put everything back apart from 4, paid and left. He then got his family to go in and get 4 each (three of them doing it) and then himself go back in and repeat. Once this was spotted we banned them from buying it. But he already had 32 cases because we realised. In a busy store they were going through different checkouts, different people all in a major huge store making it less obvious what they were doing.

Very clever, but SO unfair to all the other customers who wanted it.

So don't fully blame Sainsburys here.
  • pmg0131
    Options
    just had my delivery,,,,,, i'am aftaid i did not get the 2 discounts the 6 bottles of antoine de clevecy champagne cost me the £65... and that was with the cheap delivery....
  • aptrick
    Options
    I got half doz of the quoted Champagne, googled different 'new customer' code as the one on MSE had expired, which knocked £12 off and then as promised, although it read at checkout as £64, was delivered with the further 25% deducted to make £45.95 = £7.66 each. Fantastic - many thanks MSE!
  • jbro
    jbro Posts: 898 Forumite
    Options
    Just took delivery of our 6 bottles of champagne. Got them for £45.95 using new customer £12 off code.

Thanks!
  • Gamanon
    Gamanon Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    aptrick wrote: »
    I got half doz of the quoted Champagne, googled different 'new customer' code as the one on MSE had expired, which knocked £12 off and then as promised, although it read at checkout as £64, was delivered with the further 25% deducted to make £45.95 = £7.66 each. Fantastic - many thanks MSE!

Me Too - Thanks MSE!
    It obviously depends which part of the country you are in.
  • dummydaydream
    Options
    Got my 6 bottles an hour ago. £47.95 all in. Thanks Martin :beer:
  • Shopperholic57
    Options
    My champagne has just been delivered by an extremely nice man from Sainsbury's and yes I did recieve all the discounts! I paid £46.95 for 6 bottles and I am very pleased indeed! Thank you to Sainsbury's but an even bigger thank you to Money Saving Expert for the link!
  • I_am_mad
    I_am_mad Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    Options
    I got my 10 bottles of prosecco for £35.00 very impressed and delivery was an hour early!
    :jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j
  • alternativegem
    Options
    Sainsbury under delivering on promises - then the van driver shows me a load of other switched out products - Sainsburys is using fairground tactics to sell poor products
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Hope for people in Liverpool area.
    Just took delivery of 6 bottles of Antoine Champs for the sum total of 44.95.

Cheers Martin:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport