EXPIRED Sainsburys wine 25% off from 19th oct.

Options

Comments

• Camera
    Options
    So sorry for all those people on the forum who were disappointed not to get their Champagne. I was lucky even though I did not benefit from Martin's Code which, the Sainsbury's website informed me, had expired. I received all 12 bottles I ordered. I paid a delivery fee of £2.95 for an off-peak slot and the total after the 25% discount was £110.95. (£9.25 a bottle). Hope other people are lucky today. Thank you Martin.
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 October 2012 at 4:35PM
    Options
    I was also lucky enough to get the original offer and had 6 bottles of A de C Champagne delivered yesterday for a total of £47.35.
    Having complained to the delivery guy that I'd been charged for 8 carrier bags which I didn't want and didn't receive anyway, I rang customer services and was told that as it was compulsary to charge for carrier bags in Wales everyone was charged a nominal amount even if they didn't want them, and if the shopping didn't need all the bags they weren't used!
    I was offered to have my delivery refunded, but then the girl changed her mind and only offered the 40p back. I asked to speak to a supervisor as my main complaint was the whole issue with bags, but now I was nearly being told that I was a liar.
    The supervisor phoned back, apologiesed and offfered an e-voucher for delivery and bags payments (because after this I really want to use the service again!) and promised to pass on my point that at a time when we are being asked to cut down on landfill it is ridiculous not to offer a no bag delivery, and quite wrong to charge for bags which aren't even provided to the customer.
    Anyway the champagne worked out at £7.89 a bottle paid,
    or £7.33 a bottle if I ever use the e-voucher.
    The 25% off 6 bottles was applied before the £10 off coupon

Many thanks Martin for explaining the process in the weekly email.
  • xoleeb
    xoleeb Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    just taken delivery of my 6 bottles.. grand total £45.95 Inc delivery.. it works out at £7.66 per bottle for a half decent bottle of champagne.. that usually retails at £24 per bottle..

appears to be pot luck depending where you live...
  • donal_f
    donal_f Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsbury's called earlier with my delivery. The £12 champagne was out of stock - so they substituted a £32 one instead!! Had to reject the order. Very disappointed.
  • sprogs
    sprogs Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine arrived yesterday. Had a slight panic when number one son phoned me to say the shopping (one case of champagne) had arrived early so he had signed for it. Fortunately it was not a substitution, so I have 6 bottles of champagne for £46.95.

Less impressed that the driver turned up over an hour early without phoning first and actually allowed my 16 year old to sign for the champagne!
  • marrich
    marrich Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just taken delivery of my 6 bottles, and the total cost was £46.95 including delivery. Thank you, Martin.
  • taxsaver
    taxsaver Posts: 620 Forumite
    Options
    I too got the 'obligatory' phone call early this morning (my delivery was due this evening between 5pm and 6pm) to say they were OOS and that this was the case OVER THE WHOLE COUNTRY!

I had my suspicions though and so this afternoon drove to my local store to check and guess what was prominently displayed in prime position as you entered the store!!

You guessed it.... several boxes of the offending OOS champagne! Needless to say I acquired some, but ofc have as a result not had the benefit of the £15 off a £75 spend voucher and whilst I have saved the £3.95 delivery charge have paid for my own fuel and used my time to go to the store. :(

I'm extremely disappointed with Sainsbury and intend to complain tomorrow to their customer service dept.
    If you feel my comments are helpful then I'd love it if you 'Thanked' me! :)
  • fairyprincess
    fairyprincess Posts: 95 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2012 at 6:21PM
    Options
    Well, I ordered the champagne on Wednesday for Saturday pm delivery and everything went through fine, I ordered 12 bottles. When my delivery arrived they tried to deliver 3, yes 3, bottles of Spanish Cava instead. My partner asked why 3 bottles when we ordered 12 and why Cava when we ordered Champagne? The delivery man was most embarrassed and said he would report it to the store manager on his return. In the meantime my partner phoned Sainsburys online and spoke to a woman who said there was nothing she could do and that our allocated store must have run out of stock. My partner advised her that the store up the road had plenty and she said it doesn't work that way as you get the delivery from a different store. He then asked to speak to the manager who explained there had been some difficulties and that they had been advised to give customers a maximum of £25 to compensate. My partner explained that the deal would be expiring and could he therefore email the voucher. No, it has to come out in the post he explained! My partner did go to the store up the road this morning and bought it at the shop price. This was our first online order with Sainsburys and we are very disappointed with the service we have received. Even though they have plenty of bottles in other stores they are not willing to deliver it so if your allocated store is out of stock the big chiefs from Sainsburys say tough!! Nice :(
  • I_wanna_live_for_free
    Options
    Just had 11 out of the 12 we ordered delivered :beer:
  • bargainslayer
    Options
    Ordered champagne last Thursday, in stock for delivery today. Driver turned up with no champagne and delivery note marked "no suitable alternative". So they only stock that brand then?! No phone call, no email to advise me not available. Suitable email sent to Sainsburys head office. Seems to be a postcode lottery as to whether you get it or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure