EXPIRED Sainsburys wine 25% off from 19th oct.

Options

Comments

• mpet
    mpet Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Driver turned up and gave me the receipt - said there was a substitution - don't know what it was but the total was £109 for 6 bottles:eek:. Needless to say I told him not to bother getting it out of the van. He said the last customer he went to also refused delivery.

Does anyone know how long a refund takes?
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't get mine delivery driver wanted an extra £100 for a substitute waste of time so send him away he said the person before me had refused to pay the extra £100 as well. Rubbish will stick with Tesco.com for wine like I usually do.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125 May £0) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• --Tony--
    --Tony-- Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mtl wrote: »
    Sainsbury's is not too far away so I was thinking to get 6 bottles instore and get 25% off. Does anyone know if it applies instore as well?

many thanks

Yes it does, they sent me an instore £10 off £50 so I picked them up insore at £44.

I also ordered online which they @o@ed up, they redelivered today with free delivery for £42.

Not bad... 12 bottles for £86 = £7.16 a bottle.
  • dlane_2
    Options
    I ordered six bottle from sainsburys of antoine de clevecy champagne but got delivered prosecco brut :( No phone call nothing so sent it back. Champagne out of stock but they still advertising it! :(
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My six bottles of Sainsbury's Blanc de Blancs champagne turned up today - £60.07 including delivery so just over £10 a bottle - absolute bargain for what we already know is a fab champagne. Christmas sorted! Thanks Martin :)
  • Percy_Veer
    Options
    You wanted to know how much we got our champagne for? Well I got mine for nothing - ok to be precise I got nothing for nothing. Offered 3 bottles of Cava instead of 12 bottles of Champagne - hmmm, no i wouldn't like to accept the substitution!

I have written to Sainsbury's as you never know - they might just feel bad enough to try to make up for it... for what it's worth, mild amusement value perhaps and in case it helps anyone else, I thought I would attach my letter here:

To whom it may concern:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My first online order was delivered this evening, but instead of receiving the order I placed a few days ago, which included as the main item 12 bottles of Champagne, I received everything except the 12 bottles which were substituted for 3 bottles of Cava! Your driver was on time, very pleasant and appropriately apologetic but I am shocked by this extremely poor attempt to satisfy a new customer by substituting a different (actually more expensive) wine from a different country and in a different quantity!

I can imagine that the champagne would be popular as it was offered at a good price and you have an offer running in addition, to give 25% off 6 or more bottles. Naturally stock could be low as a result but why would you offer such a poor alternative? You have missed the mark on various counts. Given that wine has a long shelf life, it shouldn't be difficult to plan ahead and either have sufficient quantities at your stores or remove it from your site. My order went to a particular store and you either had it in stock when I placed my order or you didn't. If you did, then it should have been set aside so you could fulfill my order or if you didn't, you could have alerted me to the missing items days ago so that I could choose an alternative myself. Apparently the technology exists but the service doesn't.

We spend a lot of money on groceries through one of your competitors and have never had an experience like this - it doesn't look as though we'll be switching our regular supplier anytime soon! I have already called your customer services and registered a complaint and was told there was nothing they could do and that they didn't have the authority to honour the price/offer if/when the stock becomes available again. In my opinion this is no way to run a business and I think you ought to consider the strategies you have in place and the 'service' provided, if you want to attract and retain your customers.

Yours faithfully,

Percy Veer
  • starfish_chimp
    Options
    Mine did work and I got 6 bottles of champagne for £49, as MoneySavingExpert worked out, so am very pleased. Was originally doubtful.

It did take a couple of attempts though, and I only realised at the end it needed to be delivered by 28th for extra 25% discount, so worked it out just in time.

Sorry to those for whom it didn't work out this time.
  • davidabond
    Options
    Ordered 6 Bottles of Champagne as per MSE site and 6 bottles of Cider on Wednesday morning, order accepted of course, delivery schedules for Friday and Sainsburys leave the poor driver to explain that they have no champagne left but of course they have the bottles of Cider that they want me to pay £4-95 delivery for the cider!

With 2 days notice why couldnt Sainsburys get someone to email me that they were out of stock and ask what I wanted to do, rather than expect the delivery driver to hassle for a cheap Sainsbury Con !
  • Rebel_Hedgehog
    Options
    Percy_Veer wrote: »
    You wanted to know how much we got our champagne for? Well I got mine for nothing - ok to be precise I got nothing for nothing. Offered 3 bottles of Cava instead of 12 bottles of Champagne - hmmm, no i wouldn't like to accept the substitution!

I have written to Sainsbury's as you never know - they might just feel bad enough to try to make up for it... for what it's worth, mild amusement value perhaps and in case it helps anyone else, I thought I would attach my letter here:

To whom it may concern:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My first online order was delivered this evening, but instead of receiving the order I placed a few days ago, which included as the main item 12 bottles of Champagne, I received everything except the 12 bottles which were substituted for 3 bottles of Cava! Your driver was on time, very pleasant and appropriately apologetic but I am shocked by this extremely poor attempt to satisfy a new customer by substituting a different (actually more expensive) wine from a different country and in a different quantity!

I can imagine that the champagne would be popular as it was offered at a good price and you have an offer running in addition, to give 25% off 6 or more bottles. Naturally stock could be low as a result but why would you offer such a poor alternative? You have missed the mark on various counts. Given that wine has a long shelf life, it shouldn't be difficult to plan ahead and either have sufficient quantities at your stores or remove it from your site. My order went to a particular store and you either had it in stock when I placed my order or you didn't. If you did, then it should have been set aside so you could fulfill my order or if you didn't, you could have alerted me to the missing items days ago so that I could choose an alternative myself. Apparently the technology exists but the service doesn't.

We spend a lot of money on groceries through one of your competitors and have never had an experience like this - it doesn't look as though we'll be switching our regular supplier anytime soon! I have already called your customer services and registered a complaint and was told there was nothing they could do and that they didn't have the authority to honour the price/offer if/when the stock becomes available again. In my opinion this is no way to run a business and I think you ought to consider the strategies you have in place and the 'service' provided, if you want to attract and retain your customers.

Yours faithfully,

Percy Veer

Very good post and response. Keep us informed on your response.
  • I_am_mad
    I_am_mad Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    Options
    I am hoping that mine is in stock as I ordered prosecco rather than champagne. I also ordered 10prosecco bottles will the discount come off all 10?
    :jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure