EXPIRED Sainsburys wine 25% off from 19th oct.

Options

Comments

• janeroser_2
    Options
    Thought it had to be in quantities of six ie 6 12 18 etc. Think you need to check.
  • pullenuk
    pullenuk Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    janeroser wrote: »
    Thought it had to be in quantities of six ie 6 12 18 etc. Think you need to check.

Obviously no-one reads the offer properly.

Six or more bottles 25% off
    NOT every 6.

Therefore to make it clearer, as long you have six bottles, no matter how many you order over its all 25% off. So 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 etc etc.

Read the offer, it clearly states 6 or more. If it was every 6 then it will say every 6 bottles.
  • Buzzard1_2
    Options
    I just got my champagne delivered. I got 6 bottles of Antoine De Clevecy bubbly for £46.95, which works out at a corking £7.82 a bottle. I choose a delivery slot for £2.95. Thank you Matin for the tip. What a bargain. :j
  • Michael_Nottingham
    Options
    To Sale Red and Michael Nottingham - also anyone else who placed an order and had it cancelled as "sold out".

As the offer still seemed to be "live", I contacted my local store who called this morning and a very helpful lady checked their overnight delivery and confirmed they were expecting more stock, so I've placed the order again for delivery tomorrow morning. So, fingers crossed..........I'll let you know! :)

Hi Patience - thanks for this.

They did mention that they should be having some more Shiraz in today (Sunday) however the Customer Service person wasn't confident that they would have it in time for a redelivery. He suggested the only way to be sure was going in store to buy it. Obviously wouldnt get the incremental £12 then and negates the point of ordering online! Given the experience so far not sure I want to go all the way for a special trip.
  • tjpuk
    Options
    So, I followed the instructions. I ordered the champagne and booked the delivery slot for today (Sunday 28th) and got my email confirmation. Then, this morning, I received a call from Sainsburys saying that they were out of stock and were cancelling my order and delivery.

Very poor show all round and not impressed.
  • To Sale Red and Michael Nottingham - also anyone else who placed an order and had it cancelled as "sold out".

As the offer still seemed to be "live", I contacted my local store who called this morning and a very helpful lady checked their overnight delivery and confirmed they were expecting more stock, so I've placed the order again for delivery tomorrow morning. So, fingers crossed..........I'll let you know! :)

Delivery just arrived - £49.95 for six, more expensive delivery slot than previous order and Sainsbury's clearly need to get their act together re. supplies, but very happy :rotfl:

Good luck everyone!
  • I ordered 12 bottle and received only 9 but did not order for alternatives so did not receive any others, thank goodness, paid in total £8.05 for each bottle fantastic and it tastes great too, just had to check!!
  • gunton
    Options
    Ordered on 24/10 all ok but a phone call on delivery day [28/10 to go for cheap delivery] saying it had all sold out ...was still showing on site last time I looked
  • markray007
    Options
    My order was cancelled this morning. (6 bottles, for delivery this afternoon) Just spent 20 minutes on phone to 2 different people. My point is that I understand the popularity of the offer but it would be very sensible to explain to customers that although the discount period ends today, due to stock problems, they will deliver the champagne at the advertised price to the people whose orders they couldnt fulfil.

I also explained that I WAS a first time customer. However if they don't sort this, I won't be.

Seems a bt silly for Sainbuuries to do this, as it can't possibly be worth the bad press.

I like the earlier letter and will send one in too if thats OK.
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.
  • TeegansNan
    Options
    I too had a phone call this morning to say 'out of stock'. However I was told that they would substitute Sainsburys Champagne (although not which one). I was told that this would mean a price increase of £1.
    I took that to mean per bottle, ie £6. However my bill was for £62.40 - a difference of £13.45.
    Have just adjusted the above letter slightly to fit the circumstances (many thanks poster) and sent off to CS. I wonder what will be the outcome???

PS they sent Blanc de Blancs normal price £22.49
    Must stop spending . . . must stop spending . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure