Options

Comments

• chops05
    chops05 Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gemstar wrote: »
    Uggghh! :mad: I am so angry with Abbey! :mad:

I am at the stage where I have filed with MCOL, They have acknowledged and they have til the 14th May to put in a defence.

I thought today that I would try and call them to see if they wanted to do some negotiating.

I called the complaints department today in the hope that maybe we could do a bit of negotiating. I sat in a queue on hold for 41 mins. A man picked up and we went through some security- I asked if we could negotiate and was told that the bank will not negotiate as they are seeking a resolution. I asked how they could seek a resolution with out negotiation- so he repeated himself again. He then said that this was over his head and would put me through to the legal department.

The phone rung a couple of times and then It said "The person at extension 64306 can not pick up the phone- pls leave a message"

I called customer services and asked to speak to the legal department - was put on hold and then transferred to the original complaints number where I had originally held for 41 mins!!!!!

Hmmmm- anyone know any good direct dials to someone to see if we can negotiate........

I have noticed theat some people have phoned Abbey and it has been settled before they have gone to court. I'm awaiting for my court date and I'm in two minds whether to phone the Abbey to negotiate. If anyone has any numbers to call rather than the rubbish customer complaints dept I would be very grateful.

Has anyone tried calling the Regents Park, London number?
  • hugo07
    hugo07 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

For the 3rd time again today i have recieved my 2006 - 2007 duplicate statements from Abbey. What a waste of time and paper!! Its so stupid, they can't manage to send out the Microfinche information but can send the duplicate statements endless times!!!

Was just wondering if anyone else has recieved them more then once?

Thank you :)
  • Engadine
    Engadine Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was also having problems getting information from Abbey. The statements for the last 14 months were sent within days but then nothing once the 40 day limit was up I wrote to them again complaining about the delay and asked for the statements to be issued as a matter of urgency. Within 3 days I had received information back to 2004, a promise that the info back to 2001would follow within 10 days and a refund of my £10 fee. The info back to 2001 arrived last week.

I am just about to send the letter claiming £1,526.50 which address should I send it to?

My statement info was coming from Pam Speed in Bradford
    :j Debt free since 31/01/08:j

• hugo07
    Options
    Engadine wrote: »
    I was also having problems getting information from Abbey. The statements for the last 14 months were sent within days but then nothing once the 40 day limit was up I wrote to them again complaining about the delay and asked for the statements to be issued as a matter of urgency. Within 3 days I had received information back to 2004, a promise that the info back to 2001would follow within 10 days and a refund of my £10 fee. The info back to 2001 arrived last week.

I am just about to send the letter claiming £1,526.50 which address should I send it to?

My statement info was coming from Pam Speed in Bradford

Hi Engadine, Thanks!! I am having the same problem, still waiting for my 2001 to 2003 statements!!! Maybe i should ring or email them.

I think when claiming charges it can be sent to your local branch this time!!!

My statement info has also been coming from Pam Speed.
  • Engadine
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Hug07, when I wrote to Pam Speed complaining that I had not received my information she was really good and I had all the outstanding info within 10 days plus my refund. Complain to her about the delay and hopefully she will send your info out as quickly she did mine!

• kathy206
    kathy206 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    Options
    Denisea wrote: »
    I have had success with Abbey but there don't seem to be many they seem to go as close to a court date as possible. I filed MCOL and they didn't acknowledgeso I applied for and was granted judgement against them. They denied ever having had any of the court paperwork !!! After over a week of phone calls and threats of bailiffs they have agreed to pay in full, Now it just has to arrive!! They are paying £7439.07 including interest and court fee. So keep going you will get there in the end. Good Luck

Hi Denise, I am claiming just over 9 grand in charges from the Abbey, LBA (with offer to settle out of court) to be sent tomorrow. When you file via MCOL did you split your claim or did you file the whole lot at once? Cheers in advance, Kathy:T
    Nuts oh Hazelnuts:rotfl:
  • hugo07
    Options
    Hi Hug07, when I wrote to Pam Speed complaining that I had not received my information she was really good and I had all the outstanding info within 10 days plus my refund. Complain to her about the delay and hopefully she will send your info out as quickly she did mine!

Thanks Engadine, A couple of days ago i sent a letter complaining about them not providing all requested info and for not providing days when charges were made although i addressed it to Pam Speeds department it wasnt addressed to her. So will give it a couple of days and see...knowing Abbey they will send my dublicate statements AGAIN...lol

Good Luck Engadine
  • Engadine
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hugo07 wrote: »
    Thanks Engadine, A couple of days ago i sent a letter complaining about them not providing all requested info and for not providing days when charges were made although i addressed it to Pam Speeds department it wasnt addressed to her. So will give it a couple of days and see...knowing Abbey they will send my dublicate statements AGAIN...lol

Good Luck Engadine

Hopefully you will hear from her in the next couple of days. Good luck to you as well

• hugo07
    Options
    Hopefully you will hear from her in the next couple of days. Good luck to you as well

Thanks very much Engadine!!!

Would / does anyone recommend emailing the bank to find out where statements are so that its in writing? Is it any use? Do they discuss info via email?

Many thanks
    :)
  • Meyrick1
    Meyrick1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi I'm a new member and need a bit of help. I have written to the Abbey regarding a single and joint account to reclaim charges. 1st letter they asked for my patience to look into the matter which would take 4 weeks. I wrote to them again after 4 weeks and threatened them with court action and had replies saying that their investigations were taking longer than anticipated. After 4 weeks we then had letters stating that the charges were applied correctly as we had insufficient funds and so they are unable to refund our money and that they appreciate our feelings but they are satisfied that the charges do not contravene the unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations 1999 and comply with OFT.

Is this their way of scaring me off? Do I carry on with the court action? and should I win back the charges?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure