🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Second Purse Challenge Thread #2

Options

Comments

• tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    alibo100 wrote: »
    Can someone explain Donald Russell for me. It looks expensive. How does it work for the second purse challenge?

I have to agree I thought it looked expensive too. So I'd be interested in how it works too.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    Donald Russell can be expensive. But if you go through quidco, and only buy things that are on offer and when there's free delivery it can be affordable. Stay clear of their ready meals, deserts and the like. The mince , burgers etc are really good. Sometimes if there are only two of us I mash up two of the burgers for a Bolognese etc, its just the right amount. The quality of the meat is outstanding, thats why they have a royal warrant.
    A wee while back we had a wee system going where we each took a turn to refer new customers, they have really good gifts.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Have added to 2nd purse and also brought a few items over the last few days. Still not found many good bargains though but the money is there for when they do come.

Going to get some Daddies brown sauce which is half price - 400g for 69p at Morri$ons when next go (also tomato sauce). Have just got one left from last time it was on offer also Roses marmalade is half price at 82p
    for 454g HTH someone

2ND PURSE £50/£50
    3RD PURSE £30.10/£50

STOCK VALUE £171.13
    BANKED SO FAR £150
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • alibo100
    alibo100 Posts: 98 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mothership wrote: »
    Donald Russell can be expensive. But if you go through quidco, and only buy things that are on offer and when there's free delivery it can be affordable. Stay clear of their ready meals, deserts and the like. The mince , burgers etc are really good. Sometimes if there are only two of us I mash up two of the burgers for a Bolognese etc, its just the right amount. The quality of the meat is outstanding, thats why they have a royal warrant.
    A wee while back we had a wee system going where we each took a turn to refer new customers, they have really good gifts.

OK i'll have a look, if I order I'll get one of you ladies to refer me. :)
    Second Purse Challenge
    1st purse £70 per week, 2nd purse £0/£50, 3rd Purse £177/100 banked £37 (14) £206('13)
    :eek:Debt Total[STRIKE]£11779[/STRIKE] £3000 :o Plus [STRIKE]£3200[/STRIKE] £2400 to family
    :TGoal 2 years to pay off - June [STRIKE]2015[/STRIKE] 2016 :T
    Paid off so far - Sept 13 £1131 Nov 14 £2423 Sept15 paid myCC's!!
  • Ess-six
    Ess-six Posts: 141 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2013 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Thanks for all your good wishes.

I've made a start by listing my stockpile, and also my freezer and found a few things lurking at the back of both that I'd forgotten about! I need to go through my kitchen cupboards next to see exactly what I've got and then get started properly with both the 2nd Purse Challenge and the Grocery Challenge.....but feel I'm moving in the right direction.
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mothership wrote: »

Does anyone use savoo?
    Here's a link : http://www.savoo.co.uk/Donald-Russell/search/merchant.html?id=233592&clickid=167904583-1374007614722-7815071938414156074&placementid=14967487&gclid=CNHjop7xtLgCFfMctAodCT8AsA&searchTerm=donald+russell+discount+code
    Any good?
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • hollieinbloom
    Options
    Morning everyone, It's very quiet here isn't it! Moved house and now got lots of room for stocking up except in the freezer so we will be eating everything from there and stocking up on staples rather than it being full of rubbish. I stocked up on some shampoo and conditioner from the 99p store so no need to buy those for a couple of months. I've also stocked up on some onion relish and hot dog ketchup as we love those as they had some in home bargains for 69p a bottle! The weather is making food go off quickly, I bought some YS bread and next day it had blue mould spots on it. I wasn't happy as it wasnt even opened as I had planned to freeze it but had no room...Won't bother next time until I have room!.

I've got to get some money sorted for a new bed. Ours broke when we were trying to put it down so we could move it to the new house. Really miffed but it was 11 years old! lol. So, a chest freezer and a new bed are needed as were sleeping on a mattress! Fingers crossed we can get something from dreams and pay monthly with their 0% finance! xxx

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Just updating. Have spent a little from 2nd purse 3 x daddies brown sauce (69p each half price) so its now looking like this -

2ND PURSE £50/£50
    3RD PURSE £29.34/£50
    STOCK VALUE £175.33

BANKED SO FAR £150
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have absolutely loads in and really need to use it up, trouble is I cant resist a bargain and just keep stocking up. So to try and motivate myself I have sorted out another purse and intend to give myself a very generous 5.00 for everyday I use stocks up, this is a lot more than I would normally spend on groceries but I need to feel rewarded dont I.

So first 5.00 went in yesterday and the 2nd one is sitting on the shelf ready to be MINE not asdas, I would ask wish me luck but I know its not luck I need its WILLPOWER.
    Slimming World at target
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've not been posting for the last few weeks but there has been lots of activity with my purses. I have just done a stock check and counted my second purse money and transferred £20 over into my Christmas savings. I am so pleased. I hadn't really been keeping a close eye on it all but was paying myself whenever I 'bought' from Esther's Bagels, and buying bargains as I saw them. These included a few packs of greetings cards, lots of toiletries, and groceries in general.

I have just done a new stock take and changed my signature.
    Over the next couple of days I will be stocking up again on some things from Costco and Aldi.

It's very quiet on here. How is everyone doing?

God bless. Esther x
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate