IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New private parking ticket appeals feedback

Options

Comments

• munchskin14
    Options
    can these private cowboys take back a ticket after they issued it, i parked in a disabale bay because there was no mother and toddlers bay i explaind it to them and had a bit of a rant with them and then he said he would cancel it and took the notice of my car im just wondering if i will get a notice through my door i live in belfast
  • Folkiedave
    Options
    can these private cowboys take back a ticket after they issued it, i parked in a disabale bay because there was no mother and toddlers bay i explaind it to them and had a bit of a rant with them and then he said he would cancel it and took the notice of my car im just wondering if i will get a notice through my door i live in belfast

The law is different in Northern Ireland.

POPLA does not apply. They have to pursue the driver (with whom they will claim to have a contract) and CANNOT pursue the Registered Keeper. So don't admit to being the driver and you don't have to tell them who was driving.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

He should have ranted at you; because you were in the wrong:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4801002

Sorry but your ideas about parent & child bays are hopelessly wide of the mark, morally and legally (Equality Act 2010). Don't EVER take a disabled bay - you have no right unless you or a passenger is disabled.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kr89_2
    Options
    Hi,
    I am writing in connection with a parking ticket i received from UKPC. - Uk Parking Control Ltd - do i have to pay private companies?
    If so i would like to dispute this with them because:
    Reason 1 - The parking ticket states that i should pay £60 before 14 days or it will go to £100 if not. However, there is a sign on the wall clearly stating ( with have have photographic evidence of) that there would be a £50 fine issue to anyone disobeying the rules within 14 days, and £90 if not.
    I don't understand how they got this so wrong where i was only a couple of meters away from the sign. The place i was parked in was an industrial estate, and the unit i was parked in was To Let, so wasn't actual being used at the time. Plus i was parked there after 6pm, when most people are finished work. Which is regardless.
    Second reason being: The ticket states that i was parked at: Plum City, Unit 12-14 Clifton Rd, Cambridge. I was actually parked in Unit 9. Please tell me how i can be fined or this?!
    Slightly confused motorist.
    Thanks
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Options
    Try this thread, read it all then if you have any questions start your own thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
  • Coolbasia
    Options
    I recently received a parking charge from parking eye for overstaying when parking to shop. I have been given many forms of advice from just pay it to ignore the letters! I knew I wouldn't feel happy ignoring the letters with the risk of this going on for months-I didn't want the worry hanging over my head. I decided to use MSE advice and appeal. I used the guide on this website and went straight to the militant approach! I provided receipts to show I was shopping in the store and although ovr the alloted time, I was shopping throughout the time. I stated that I reject the charge and that I refuse to pay. I made reference to the charge levied being disproportionate. I also added the unfair contract argument. I ended the appeal stating I would not be discussing this any further. I was most surprised when I received a reply stating the charge had been cancelled! Most impressed and I wanted to share this to highlight a carefully worded letter following MSE advice can be a success!

Please, please, please provide your letter that was so successful - I am in exactly the same situation you were in, so I assume there will be thousands of others too. I have waded through all the info in forums and on MSE and admit I am a little confused. Your letter would be ideal as it was successful. Thanks for letting everyone know too - great result!:)
  • Yogibear
    Yogibear Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coolbasia wrote: »
    Please, please, please provide your letter that was so successful - I am in exactly the same situation you were in, so I assume there will be thousands of others too. I have waded through all the info in forums and on MSE and admit I am a little confused. Your letter would be ideal as it was successful. Thanks for letting everyone know too - great result!:)

parking eye? that mob I got done in Aldi for 3 minutes over the 90 minutes I was in Aldis for 93 minutes,but as I live in Scotland and there are different laws I didn't pay it,thanks to MSE:D I know a guy up here who has 37 tickets and paid hee haw:rotfl:
    please do not pick on me for my grammar,I left school at fifteen and worked in the building trade for 55years ,

Chalk and slate csc:D
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,041 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coolbasia wrote: »

Don't be so silly that poster made one post in August last year and is highly unlikely to reply to you now!
    Start your own unique thread for your situation and the regulars will guide you through it, though you will need to do the work your self.
    There are plenty of examples of winning letters all over this board!
  • Coolbasia
    Options
    Fisherjim, I have now spent over 4 hours trolling through pages, forums, comments, other links etc searching for the exact path I need to go down. Telling me I need to do the work is useless when I've already spent 4 hours doing just that!! So, thanks for being so unwelcoming to a newbie, thanks for putting me off commenting at all and telling me to spend another 4 hours trolling through more pages to hopefully get the right path DOESN'T HELP!!

Go away, don't bother responding if you just need your 'voice' heard - people are actually seeking REAL assistance, not needing your rubbish.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    He's not being unwelcoming to you, he's trying to help you garner information to deal with this, I give a you a headstart, look at coupon mad's sticky thread on the link below, its top of the forum, and it provides everything you need.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

If you feel you still can't handle this, try these people, they charge a small fee but will handle everything for you. And I by the way have no affiliation with them at all.

http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport