IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New private parking ticket appeals feedback

Options

Comments

• ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    @Coolbasia
    Hi
    You need to read the NEWBIES sticky thread which is on the main page of the forum - I've linked it for you below.
    It contains advice about how to appeal the parking charge you've received.
    Read the advice - there's a link to a walk through of the process by Umkomaas and one also to a flowchart by da_rule which will give you an overview of what you need to do. There is also a template letter for the 1st appeal to the parking company.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

If searching the forum don't read old advice - keep to recent <6mths stuff. Also don't post on other peoples threads - if you need further advice create a New Thread of your own and forum members will respond to you there.

EDIT: Apologies for the xover Stroma (note to self really must check for new posts before pressing post a reply)
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,042 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 May 2014 at 6:17PM
    Options
    Sorry if you think I was unhelpful but you should have taken in what I said, you will have to write your own letters from the information the posters on here have put together.
    People will help you if you help yourself, and a unique thread will be yours to stop everyone getting confused including you.

If it really is stressing you out perhaps this would be a better alternative for the fee they charge to get it off your back:

http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/
  • Coolbasia
    Options
    Thanks Stroma & ColliesCarer, your info links have helped immensely. I don't really understand what "sticky threads" are and am new to navigating the masses of information on the forums.

I wouldn't know how to start my own thread, so sorry to all that feel I should have - if I knew how I would!

I think those that have become regular forumites have forgotten what it's like to start out and also assume that everyone knows how to navigate all the info and pages effortlessly. A bit of patience is all us Newbies ask and remember what it was like starting out.

Thanks again Stroma & ColliesCarer - brilliant job explaining to me & providing links.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2014 at 7:47PM
    Options
    Hi Coolbase,
    Yes it can be confusing if you're not used to forums and finding your way around them but if the forum is going to be able to help through the full process you will need to learn as the 1st appeal to the PPC is just the first stage - the second stage - POPLA appeal is more involved and you will need to build your forum skills.
    If you don't feel you can do that you may be better to use the appeals service Stroma gave you the link to.

If you want to learn to find your way around follow these steps to create your own thread
    Scroll up to the top of this page
    underneath MoneySavingExpert.com and the coloured blocks you will find a line that reads

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking > New private parking ticket appeals feedback (Page 3)

Click on "Parket Tickets, Fines & Parking"
    That will take you to the main page of the forum

click on the blue New Thread button you will see at the top left of the page.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Coolbasia wrote: »
    Thanks Stroma & ColliesCarer, your info links have helped immensely. I don't really understand what "sticky threads" are and am new to navigating the masses of information on the forums.

I wouldn't know how to start my own thread, so sorry to all that feel I should have - if I knew how I would!

I think those that have become regular forumites have forgotten what it's like to start out and also assume that everyone knows how to navigate all the info and pages effortlessly. A bit of patience is all us Newbies ask and remember what it was like starting out.

Well yes, we were all new once of course but when you registered you got this link:

New To The Forum?

...so maybe that's where to start, you need to be able to find your way to page one from here (clue - my signature tells newbies where to click). Please stop posting on this thread as it's old and confusing for people to read after all this time. It's an ancient archive thread - page one is ONE CLICK away, and no 'link' needed!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AberdeenTyke
    AberdeenTyke Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    If the worst comes to the worst, and it does go to court, and you do lose (which is incredibly unlikely) all you have to do is contact a credit union or some organisation like Smart for backing and offer to repay at the rate of 50p a month because you are skint. Then after 4 months stop, because it is causing unnecessary hardship. Then after a month pay 76p, then the next month pay £1.32, then miss a month, then pay 21p. Then stop again. Beleive me it works as their left arm wont know what their right arm is doing. After a while even THEY will give up.
  • Beebles1971
    Options
    I went to POPLA after receiving a ticket on private land, my case was that the signs were not clear enough as they were far from where I parked. After lodging my appeal the parking company actually installed an additional sign where I had suggested there should be one. Despite sending all this info with photos to POPLA my case was still rejected on the grounds that the original signs were in their view adequate. I doubt they visited the site to check and if they were adequate why did the parking company listen to my advice and put up an additional sign.

I still haven't paid and now being chased by newlyn debt collection ltd.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Start your own thread instead of bumping irrelevant threads like this one
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • LBlack
    LBlack Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 16 July 2014 at 2:11PM
    Options
    Hi

Back in April I received a letter from UK Car Park Management demanding I pay £100 for parking without a permit in a location that I have never even been before!

They included a photograph of the rear of my car (and reg plate).

I was told by friends to not worry and just "ignore it" as I wasn't in the said location, and it's not a government fine.

I have received two letters since then, threatening solicitor/court action, and the fee is now £149. I decided to finally send them an appeal letter arguing that I was not in the location specified in the original document.

Today I received a response from them saying that because I didn't appeal within 28 days of the original letter, I am still liable to pay.

I disagree that I should be forced to pay this fee when they are saying I was somewhere I wasn't!! I am hoping to get a mortgage soon and don't want this (or any CCJs because of it) to go against me!

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LBlack wrote: »
    Hi

Back in April I received a letter from UK Car Park Management demanding I pay £100 for parking without a permit in a location that I have never even been before!

They included a photograph of the rear of my car (and reg plate).

I was told by friends to not worry and just "ignore it" as I wasn't in the said location, and it's not a government fine.

I have received two letters since then, threatening solicitor/court action, and the fee is now £149. I decided to finally send them an appeal letter arguing that I was not in the location specified in the original document.

Today I received a response from them saying that because I didn't appeal within 28 days of the original letter, I am still liable to pay.

I disagree that I should be forced to pay this fee when they are saying I was somewhere I wasn't!! I am hoping to get a mortgage soon and don't want this (or any CCJs because of it) to go against me!

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

It would be best if you started your own thread. That way you will get the individual advice you requore
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure