IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

New private parking ticket appeals feedback

Options
12346»

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page. Then click on the blue "new thread" button.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • crashtest12
    Options
    I am just letting you know about my dealings with popla, myself and a friend both got a parking charge for the same day and time, we both appealed and my friends appeal was accepted and mine was rejected by popla, just showing the inconsistency of their decisions, popla would not look at my friends appeal when dealing with mine so i am hoping if it gets to court they will look at both appeals and find in unjust to charge one person and not the other.
  • Bobbiedog2
    Options
    Hi I recieved a parking 'fine' from the parking eye back in the summer for 'not paying for my parking' although during the 13minutes I spent in the car park I was trying to download the parking app to pay for the parking, which my phone did not want to do so I then gave up and left the car park.
    I obviously desputed this, twice, then with POPLA who decided that I was in the wrong and had to pay up, despite the car park not actually having any signs which state the time in which you have to buy a ticket or leave.

So I ended up paying £100 for 13minutes in a car park which I didn't even use, because I thought I had no choice.

I just wondered if anyone knew if there was anyway I can get my money back??
    as now I have read the page re. Never paying private parking fines.

Any advise or should I just suck it up and get over it??
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bobbiedog2 wrote: »
    Hi I recieved a parking 'fine' from the parking eye back in the summer for 'not paying for my parking' although during the 13minutes I spent in the car park I was trying to download the parking app to pay for the parking, which my phone did not want to do so I then gave up and left the car park.
    I obviously desputed this, twice, then with POPLA who decided that I was in the wrong and had to pay up, despite the car park not actually having any signs which state the time in which you have to buy a ticket or leave.

So I ended up paying £100 for 13minutes in a car park which I didn't even use, because I thought I had no choice.

I just wondered if anyone knew if there was anyway I can get my money back??
    as now I have read the page re. Never paying private parking fines.

Any advise or should I just suck it up and get over it??

IT would be best if you started your own thread, not hijack an article discussion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure