ValueBasket.com - any experiences?

Options

Comments

• Zuleika
    Options
    STEER CLEAR
    This company are hopeless. I'm still waiting for my refund. I have provided them with a post office.co.uk tracking number. XB473145599GB
    So I know they have received it.
    Update. 27th April 2014.
    As of yet, still no sign of my refund. Returned item 420012 on 30th March.
    I have phoned and emailed numerous times. They never get back to me.
    I am now going to post this on as many websites as I can find. So other people are warned about this company and steer clear.
  • tc624
    tc624 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have tried to cancel the order three times because of late delivery, not refunding an overpayment and lack of reply or action.

I have received the goods but they will not give me a return address or returns number and the credit card company do not want to know because I got what I ordered.

This company should not be in business they way they treat customers.
  • MRDube
    MRDube Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Made my order on the 16th of Jan 2014. Its now the 3rd of June 2014 and still have seen a package in the post. According to the package delivery service (DPD) they did not receive a package, Value Basket on the other hand claim the package was lost in transit. I've been on the phone and email asking for a refund for the better part of how ever long its been and keep getting the same bogus reply over and over and over again.

"Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. One of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible between Monday to Friday. For your records, the details of the ticket are listed below. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject line to ensure that your replies are tracked appropriately.

Ticket ID: JGG-xxx-xxxxx
    Subject: I haven't received my refund

You can check the status of or reply to this ticket online at://valuebasket.kayako.com/Tickets/Ticket/View/JGG-xxx-xxxx

Should you not have received the Support Centre password, kindly check your spam/junk mail, or simply click "Lost password" and re-enter your email and verification code given.

As we are always striving to improve our business, we would be happy to receive your valuable feedback regarding our agent's reply. This is possible via the Support Centre link above as well.

Kind regards,

ValueBasket"

I couldn't warn anyone one enough to stay away from this company and their business practices.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    blammo wrote: »
    Anyone ever used ValueBasket.com for buying any gadgets? Their prices seem not bad but hadn't heard of this retailer before so I was wanted to check them out first before buying.

cheers

Valuebasket is just another reincarnation of SIMPLYELECTRONICS (a renown ripoff company) based in China - I ordered a phone from SIMPLYELECTRONICS, over 2 years ago and waited for delivery, of course they never delivered - eventually, I got my money back - but AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!
  • grimble_xong
    Options
    shy away from this lot, their customer service is non existent, they only every reply when pushed.
    I sent my camera away 3 months ago, and have only had email reply that everything is progressing when I push them, but still no sign of my camera,
    Truly terrible, no budget cost is worth this, as they have my money and my camera, I am left empty handed and with no recourse.
    I posted an earlier review, that was positive for the buying phase of my experience & I stand by that, but this perceived inactivity and lack of communication is truly terrible
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    shy away from this lot, their customer service is non existent, they only every reply when pushed.
    I sent my camera away 3 months ago, and have only had email reply that everything is progressing when I push them, but still no sign of my camera,
    Truly terrible, no budget cost is worth this, as they have my money and my camera, I am left empty handed and with no recourse.
    I posted an earlier review, that was positive for the buying phase of my experience & I stand by that, but this perceived inactivity and lack of communication is truly terrible

Sorry - you sent THEM a camera ??
    Why ?
    Compare the website to simply electronics. ..
  • ShaunTheSheep_2
    Options
    Why didn't I do a simple bit of research before buying from ValueBasket??? :mad:

I am now in the process of chasing them for the Nokia Lumina 630 I ordered 10 working days ago, and being fobbed off in the manner described by lots of people using them and Simply Electronics who I believe have to be the same company. In the meantime my money is earning them lots of interest, or in a worse case scenario, is being invested at this very moment in dodgy dealings across the globe while I sit here like a muppet waiting for a phone that I pray will turn up.

I don't have the money to buy a new phone unless I get a refund but that seems even more unlikely than the phone turning up. I hate where my money's ended up and could kick myself - all for the sake of saving a tenner or so.

Lesson learned. Will be doing research on all companies I haven't heard of before buying from now on!!
  • Markiain
    Options
    I search for Bose head phones 20i online come up with valuebasket.com selling them at £209.00. So placed the order. Two days later no sign of the goods or email to confirm delivery. I thought lets :mad:check reviews online. I only wish I had done that to start with. All the reviews state exactly what is happening to me. Apologises for the delayed delivery and promising to give free goods and upgrade to next day delivery as soon as they have the goods to send out. When you cancel the order further delays in making the refund with numerous excuses. Please do not use this site
  • Bobpu
    Bobpu Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cancelled an order before they had prepared the goods for despatch. They went ahead and despatched anyway and made no attempt to recover the goods from the courier. I contacted the courier and told him to return the goods to Value Basket as I would reject the delivery if it reached my door. This took about 5 MINUTES on the phone when VB had claimed that their Logistics Department had been trying to do the same thing for 5 DAYS. Alarm bells ring!!!
    They then told me I would have to wait until the parcel was received in their Hong Kong warehouse before they would start processing my refund. Once again their Logistics Department appeared incapable (or unwilling I suspect) of processing the return from the courier.
    To cut a long story short, I have a chain of 78 emails, 20 phone calls from me, 2 letters to their CEO and General Manager (if you want the addresses let me know) and complaints to Hong Kong Consumer Council and Consumer Affairs, Victoria, Australia (where payment was taken by VB Australia).
    Finally I made a chargeback claim under section 75 of the credit card regulations and my bank refunded my payment then pursued VB for recompense. Today I was advised by my credit card company that they have recovered their money from VB.
    This saga has run from 29/05/14 to 11/07/14, and I dread to think how much longer it would have taken if I had not made the Chargeback claim.
    The only advice I can offer is that if you can't afford to lose the money don't even consider buying from them. The costs of chasing them are higher than the money you may save on their cheap quotations, and they supply grey imports to the UK so I suspect that trying to get repairs under warranty will mirror my experience.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    Bobpu wrote: »
    I cancelled an order before they had prepared the goods for despatch. They went ahead and despatched anyway and made no attempt to recover the goods from the courier. I contacted the courier and told him to return the goods to Value Basket as I would reject the delivery if it reached my door. This took about 5 MINUTES on the phone when VB had claimed that their Logistics Department had been trying to do the same thing for 5 DAYS. Alarm bells ring!!!
    They then told me I would have to wait until the parcel was received in their Hong Kong warehouse before they would start processing my refund. Once again their Logistics Department appeared incapable (or unwilling I suspect) of processing the return from the courier.
    To cut a long story short, I have a chain of 78 emails, 20 phone calls from me, 2 letters to their CEO and General Manager (if you want the addresses let me know) and complaints to Hong Kong Consumer Council and Consumer Affairs, Victoria, Australia (where payment was taken by VB Australia).
    Finally I made a chargeback claim under section 75 of the credit card regulations and my bank refunded my payment then pursued VB for recompense. Today I was advised by my credit card company that they have recovered their money from VB.
    This saga has run from 29/05/14 to 11/07/14, and I dread to think how much longer it would have taken if I had not made the Chargeback claim.
    The only advice I can offer is that if you can't afford to lose the money don't even consider buying from them. The costs of chasing them are higher than the money you may save on their cheap quotations, and they supply grey imports to the UK so I suspect that trying to get repairs under warranty will mirror my experience.

I don't believe that the items ever exist in the first place - the company takes the order with no intention of dispatching any of the goods - they should be shut down but there are no laws that the UK can implement with China at the moment to help...

How about a campaign by MSE to get our government involved ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure