We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Try Me Free Hunt

Options

Comments

• Pemberton01
    Pemberton01 Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    Persil MBG - I see the t's & c's have now been changed to show the product can only be purchased online through Sainsbury's.com, not even in store. Of course they're doing this after some people have applied in good faith from the original t's & c's so hopefully they will recognise their error and pay out accordingly.
  • purplestar133
    purplestar133 Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Persil MBG - I see the t's & c's have now been changed to show the product can only be purchased online through Sainsbury's.com, not even in store. Of course they're doing this after some people have applied in good faith from the original t's & c's so hopefully they will recognise their error and pay out accordingly.

Devious little so and sos!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I read through this thread from time to time and am always amazed at how badly these claims seem to go and how rubbish the brands who offer them seem to be about helping customers who claim on them.

I hope MSE or even Which or the BBC Watchdog do an expos! on these offers and warn others on the stories so many seem to have and name and shame all the brands mentioned here. I am not sure if or how they compile their reports but if any of the reporters within MSE are reading...!
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    I read through this thread from time to time and am always amazed at how badly these claims seem to go and how rubbish the brands who offer them seem to be about helping customers who claim on them.

I hope MSE or even Which or the BBC Watchdog do an expos! on these offers and warn others on the stories so many seem to have and name and shame all the brands mentioned here. I am not sure if or how they compile their reports but if any of the reporters within MSE are reading...!

Touch wood I've only had a couple of problems though I agree that's a couple too many.
    T's & C's need to be read very carefully as the slightest error and any claim will get rejected.
    These offers are all dealt with by third party marketing companies and when you try and take it up with the brand manufacturer they won't get involved and refer you back to the marketing company that's doing the promo on their behalf.
    I have threatened one with 'Watchdog' in the past and eventually they did cough up but it was a long and arduous process and more trouble than it was worth really but I would always pursue it on principal.
  • m1kjm
    m1kjm Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just received a Persil refund in response to one of my re-submitted claims!!!

No explanation with it, that would be too much to ask.
  • steve6363
    steve6363 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    m1kjm wrote: »
    I've just received a Persil refund in response to one of my re-submitted claims!!!

I have had my rejection letter today I phoned them up and they said they would send me an email and could I reply to the email with a copy of the rejection letter.they never sent the email so I have just contacted unilever and sent them a copy of the rejection letter.
  • m1kjm
    Options
    steve6363 wrote: »
    I have had my rejection letter today I phoned them up and they said they would send me an email and could I reply to the email with a copy of the rejection letter.they never sent the email so I have just contacted unilever and sent them a copy of the rejection letter.

I can't believe they're still sending out rejection letters when they know they've messed up.
  • purplestar133
    Options

Did they refund the additional postage it cost you to resend it?!

I've copied my email to Unilever and printed it as a letter now. I haven't heard anything back from the Persil contact us form so I'm going to send this letter (which is quite long as it quotes the original T&Cs) to the claim address with my original application. I will have exhausted all options then!
  • m1kjm
    Options
    Did they refund the additional postage it cost you to resend it?!

I've copied my email to Unilever and printed it as a letter now. I haven't heard anything back from the Persil contact us form so I'm going to send this letter (which is quite long as it quotes the original T&Cs) to the claim address with my original application. I will have exhausted all options then!

I paid £6 for the Persil and used 2 x second class stamps, however they've refunded me £6.64. I guess that's the refund of £6 plus 1 x first class stamp!
  • purplestar133
    Options
    I paid £6 for the Persil and used 2 x second class stamps, however they've refunded me £6.64. I guess that's the refund of £6 plus 1 x first class stamp!

Hmmm, I suppose that's almost the middle ground between 2 second stamps...at least you've got the bulk of the money refunded! I'm not sure my letter is good enough but I've got no other options so it's worth a try. I really want this one refunded as it's one of the more expensive ones.

Are you waiting to see if you get refunded for your other claims then or do you think this is 'it'?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure