Littlewoods PPI

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for replying. So do you think it's worth giving it a go and sending the sars Off?
    There should be no point in sending SAR letters when all you need to do is contact them and simply ask if they have any records pertaining to PPI.

SARs will cost you £10 for each, which will likely be a waste of money considering that there is no guarantee your mother ever had PPI.

The fact that your Mother's Littlewoods account is still open (albeit seldom used) is cause for optimism that records will still be available.
  • howie94
    howie94 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

I’ve received a letter from SDFC stating that I had PPI from 1982 until 2002 ( Agent Balance Care) and that they are acting in behalf of Aviva who is the underwriter of the policy and will be in touch with in
    8 weeks ( 11th June 2018 ) after their investigation and findings to the mis- selling of PPI.

Has anyone been in a similar predicament as I raised a dispute on Resolver and as of 17th July 2018 I can escalate to the FOS.

I don’t know wether to wait on SDFC (6th August 2018) that’s
    8 weeks or escalate via Resolver to FOS tomorrow ?

Regards in advance.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why would you "escalate" to the Ombudsman when you've been told the complaint is being dealt with already?

They are allowed the eight weeks to consider your concerns.

All the Ombudsman would do is tell you to wait until you receive a response to your complaint.
  • howie94
    edited 16 July 2018 at 11:49PM
    Options
    Why would you "escalate" to the Ombudsman when you've been told the complaint is being dealt with already?

They are allowed the eight weeks to consider your concerns.

All the Ombudsman would do is tell you to wait until you receive a response to your complaint.

Hi,

That is what I m asking do I wait for their findings or pursue via Resolver which the next escalation is tomorrow..

Also how are you so sure that the FOS will state this as Ive read other posts saying they pursued SDFC for months then FOS and still waited many months ?

Regards
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    howie94 wrote: »
    That is what I m asking do I wait for their findings or pursue via Resolver which the next escalation is tomorrow..
    Resolver is just an E-Mail template, it has no power (legal or otherwise) to "escalate" your complaint.

SDFC have told you they will be considering your complaint (which has obviously been referred on to them) for eight weeks. They are allowed this time period.

If you "escalate" to the Ombudsman, they will just reiterate what I have just said.

If ,after eight weeks, you have had no response (or been rejected) then you can refer the complaint to FOS.
  • howie94
    Options
    Resolver is just an E-Mail template, it has no power (legal or otherwise) to "escalate" your complaint.

SDFC have told you they will be considering your complaint (which has obviously been referred on to them) for eight weeks. They are allowed this time period.

If you "escalate" to the Ombudsman, they will just reiterate what I have just said.

If ,after eight weeks, you have had no response (or been rejected) then you can refer the complaint to FOS.

Ok many thanks :)
  • howie94
    Options
    howie94 wrote: »
    Ok many thanks :)

Great news just received a letter stating a cheque for £3957 will be in the post within the next 21 days..:beer:
  • howie94
    Options
    Cheque received !!!
  • Lisaw33
    Options
    Hi, I put in 2 complaints at the start of May. 1 with Janet Frazier which was upheld within the 8 week time scale. The second was for littlewoods, (they bought out Janet Frazier in the late 1990’s) and continued to take ppi payments from my account. I phone a couple of weeks after the first response to see what was happening, the man I spoke to said he couldn’t give exact figures but as the second claim was for over 10k it had to be signed off, give it 3 weeks. After three weeks still no correspondence I have phoned twice since then. They can’t tell me anything just say their ‘emailing’ the department in question.
    So do I phone once more or do I escalate the complaint?
    It has been 13 weeks for this complaint and I have had nothing concrete in writing !!!129300;
  • glc
    Options
    I’ve personally held accounts with all of these catalogues for years.. and would love your advice/ help in what you wrote to be a successful claimant! I don’t have a clue where to start.
    Contemplated going with a PPI company, but after research and bad feedback, I’m hoping to claim myself..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure