Littlewoods PPI

Options

Comments

• shazza39
    shazza39 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Gazza
    I unfortunately was not successful with my claim :mad:
    I've sent them an email to express my disappointment on this, have yet to get a reply
  • Gazza1964
    Gazza1964 Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Did they tell you that if you were not happy with their decision you could complain to the FOS ?
  • shazza39
    shazza39 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Yes they did, waste of time I think, they take even longer than shop direct to get back to you. I'll wait and see if they answer my email first
  • Gazza1964
    Gazza1964 Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fingers crossed
  • kookiecookie
    Options
    freyaluck wrote: »
    Hi
    I had a littlewoods account a few years back and had ppi, however I do not know the account number, does anyone if I need it to claim?
    Thanks

Hiya - I had a littlewoods credit card and have tried to do a ppi claim but i threw away all my paperwork and have no idea of what the account number is - I've had no luck so far and have now hit a brick wall :(
  • bluemeadow
    Options
    Thanks for all the helpful advice on here, unfortunatly my ppi claim has been refused for the second time because 'unemployment is not an exclusion of the insurance.' (my claim was that I was unemployed at the time the insurance was taken out)
    I have just recently come across some leaflets refering to the Extra Care Insurance and to the Extra Care 500 Insurance which it was changed to. On one of them it states under features and benefits 'Unemployment, accident and sickness cover. If you dont work 16 or more hours per week, but your spouse does, this cover applies to him/her.' (I was a single parent at the time).
    And also under KEY EXCLUSIONS 'if you have not been in in full time employment for 6 months prior to an unemployment claim.' I wasnt, so surely I didnt understand at the time that payments would be covered if I struggled because I was unemployed. Please tell me if you disagree or think I am reading it wrong.
    Also if anyone wants any of the details from the leaflets about t&cs then please pm me and I will try to get back to you.
    HUGE thanks to everyone who works so hard posting comps xxx

Jan wins: Film download:),£50 vouchers
  • bluemeadow
    Options
    Sorry to bump but could realy do with some help with the above post, thanks.
    HUGE thanks to everyone who works so hard posting comps xxx

Jan wins: Film download:),£50 vouchers
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    bluemeadow wrote: »
    I wasnt, so surely I didnt understand at the time that payments would be covered if I struggled because I was unemployed. Please tell me if you disagree or think I am reading it wrong.
    Also if anyone wants any of the details from the leaflets about t&cs then please pm me and I will try to get back to you.
    Write back to the Bank with this argument and see what they reply with.
    Otherwise, it's off to the Ombudsman....
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As above but don't fogrget you only have a six month window from the full and final response to complaining to the FOS so if it's anywhere near that time, get the form ready to post.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • NYClaire
    NYClaire Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any recent news on this matter? I have just sent 2 emails to the address provided in this thread (thank you) regarding Account Cover Plus that is currently on my Littlewoods account and has been for the last 10 years . I signed up to the catalogue when it was known as "Choice" and signed up via a lady on the street! I definitely remember PPI was not mentioned! Would love to hear of any recent success or news of any sort of any dealings with shop direct. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure