Littlewoods PPI

Options

Comments

• mojo-jojo_2
    Options
    Hi
    it's been a while since I have been on this forum, mainly because I started my PPI reclaims in 2008/9 and most were resolved quite quickly - that is apart from Shop Direct (Littlewoods Agents Balance Care/extra care 500).
    I was passed back and forth many times each time being told I had no case for complaint. I eventually passed my complaint to the FOS back in 2009 and it has been with them since then. I received updates every 3 months basically saying they were trying to pursue the underwriters Aviva, and that due to complex legal arguments it was taking longer than expected.

I had all but forgotten about it until I had a phone call 2 weeks ago from FOS, saying Aviva had accepted responsibility for the sale and although they do not agree that it was mis-sold they would refund all premiums plus 8% statutory interest. To be fair the premiums weren't a huge amount - £791 in total, so I have just received an offer of £1358.
    I am still considering this at the moment but just wanted to let other Shop Direct complainants that persistence is key if you believe you were mis-sold, don't give up :)
    LBM April 2006-19 creditors, £47,000, After 2 yrs £50,000 After 3yrs £45,373 DFW long haul supporters #101 Reclaimed: Halifax -£1566 & £448 PPI, Marbles/HFC -£200, Barclays -£409, Morgan Stanley -£129 + £933 PPI, Cap 1 -£493, Argos -£120. Studio -£76, Citi-£155, FOS- MBNA, GE/Santander x2, Shop Direct x2. Total - £4589.31!!
  • DevCoder
    DevCoder Posts: 3,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why are you considering? A refund + 8% is the most (and all that Aviva need to refund) you'll get.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mojo-jojo wrote: »
    I have just received an offer of £1358.
    I am still considering this at the moment
    Full redress is a defined amount, it is not somehow negotiable. If you refuse the offer all you will do is delay eventual payment of the same amount.
    You are fortunate that the underwriter have decided to grant you a "goodwill" payment-they don't have to and they have carefully stated that they are not accepting any liability and do not accept you were mis-sold.
  • Emma6181
    Options
    Hi I’ve had a Littlewoods account since 1998/1999 time I’m not sure if I’ve ever had ppi, could anybody tell me how I go about making a claim thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Emma6181 wrote: »
    Hi I’ve had a Littlewoods account since 1998/1999 time I’m not sure if I’ve ever had ppi, could anybody tell me how I go about making a claim thanks
    You'd have to first establish whether you ever had any PPI. Having done that, you'd then have to identify in what way(s) it was mis-sold to you.

You've already found this thread, I recommend you read through the posts for more information.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you've had and still have an account with them, then you phone and ask.
    Or read your statements.

It's pre regulation though, so don't hold your breath.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 September 2017 at 8:10PM
    Options
    Emma6181 wrote: »
    You can't, if you were never actually charged ppi.
    You could phone them and ask.
  • Clarabell89
    Options
    Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. My mam has had catalogues with littlewoods, gratin and freemans since the 80s and is fairly sure she paid ppi on them. She doesn't have any paperwork left with them and can't prove anything. The only account she still has open is the littlewoods one, but she uses it very rarely now. Is there any point in me attempting to send off a SARs form or something else? Or will they just say they don't have details going so far back? She used to use them a lot so I think it will be quite a lot of money she's paid, but literally has no details whatsoever.

Thanks for helping
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They will say they don't have details if they don't have details. They are not obliged to keep them.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Clarabell89
    Options
    Thanks for replying. So do you think it's worth giving it a go and sending the sars Off?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure