Littlewoods PPI

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    It appears that this seems to be a thing Littlewoods do, the same happened with a mate of mine last week who went through the questions, despite the fact they had all the information in front of them. (Stalling perhaps)

However, with mine, I told them I will only correspond in writing only.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    freyaluck wrote: »
    Hi
    I had a littlewoods account a few years back and had ppi, however I do not know the account number, does anyone if I need it to claim?
    Thanks

I would email them on the details below, ask them to send you the account details (Cat number) by post or email if they are able to, you have the right to ask for this, and at the same time ask them to send you one of their complaint form's, as they differ from the one's used by the site.

Give them your details, address, and maybe old address if the account was taken out under another address as well, your date of birth etc. Once they received your complaint, it then gets moved on to ShopDirect, remember to keep copies too, good luck.

[EMAIL="help@littlewoods.co.uk"]help@littlewoods.co.uk[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="CustomerExcellence@shopdirect.com"]CustomerExcellence@shopdirect.com[/EMAIL]
  • shazza39
    Options
    Well postman been and still nothing! :mad:
    What is going on??:angry::angry::angry::angry::sad::(:(:(:(
  • di3004
    Options
    shazza39 wrote: »
    Well postman been and still nothing! :mad:
    What is going on??:angry::angry::angry::angry::sad::(:(:(:(

I know they have a backlog, because they confirmed that to me by email a few days ago, I emailed because I was expecting the letter of the decision (with given them the extra weeks as well).

But the point is, they should write to confirm to us, to keep us updated.
  • di3004
    Options
    Mac66 wrote: »
    Hi Shazza, sorry not logged on for some time...

It is called account cover plus, apparently in 1997, they may have changed the name after this time.

I simply wrote to Shop Direct with a complaint letter, stating some facts from the template letters on this site, and they wrote back offering a full refund.

Want to double check something on this, if you don't mind, is this the policy that if the cover did not cover the account holder, that they will automatically cover the spouse if spouse was employed for a length of time.
    Hope you don't mind me asking :) thank you.
  • shazza39
    Options
    Well still not received any follow up letter but spoke to someone there from Littlewoods Shop Direct and they gave not upheld my claim :mad::mad::mad:
    Absolutely livid!!! Everything from them is just stalling tactics and have absolutely no intention of giving you back anything!!!
  • di3004
    Options
    Well still not received any follow up letter but spoke to someone there from Littlewoods Shop Direct and they gave not upheld my claim :mad::mad::mad:
    Absolutely livid!!! Everything from them is just stalling tactics and have absolutely no intention of giving you back anything!!!

Shazza, just sent you a pm x;)
  • di3004
    Options

Shazza, may I ask on what grounds they rejected your complaint please?

Thanks.
  • shazza39
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Shazza, may I ask on what grounds they rejected your complaint please?

Thanks.

I've sent u a PM
  • Gazza1964
    Gazza1964 Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Shazza,

We have been successful in our claim - looks like I posted in the wrong place -

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4250807

You should have recieved a letter telling you that you have six months to take your complaint to the FOS.

However Shop Direct Finance only became a member of the Dispute Resolution Service in 2004 so the FOS will not go back any further than that - I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure