nuaire drimaster

Options

Comments

• dampdaveski
    Options
    that's right you can either disconnect the heater internally OR adjust the thermostat so that it only comes on around 0 degc (though just recently that would still have meant it was running continously!)
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
  • newtond
    Options
    Cheers, you've probably just helped me decide.
  • Taz2000
    Options
    Hi
    I am looking to have a drimaster installed in a 2 bed house in Thornton Heath south london. How much should I be paying to supply and fit to resolve my condensation problem
    Thanks
    Taz
  • gary38uk
    gary38uk Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2013 at 9:55PM
    Options
    mervyn11 wrote: »
    I have had a drimaster 2000 for over 15 years brilliant bit of kit.
    Does tend to blow a bit cold when we get the minus temperatures outside.
    I have been thinking of fitting a timer as the OP suggests.
    Don't know how much the heater element would cost to run....I suppose you could work it out roughly if you knew the size of the heater.
    you are lucky there.
    had 2 fail in 5 years. both same issue. the units build up condensation in side when not running (as it turns off below 5C) and this makes the PCB inside fail.
  • 2Sheds
    2Sheds Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine died and they set a new one.

Still wiping down the windows in the bedroom this morning :(

Set on 4 too

Neighbours don't get the problem like we do neither.

All I can think is we don't have a chimney brest in the house 1960's build
  • 306a3a4
    Options
    2Sheds wrote: »
    We've had a Drimaster for about 3/4 yrs.

Installed it myself took a couple of hours.

Works ok, we still get condensation on the windows but it's not a bad.

but it does blow cold air into the house 24/7 which in the really cold weather isn't good.

So I now use a timer on Drimaster comes on a Midnight and goes off at 7am.

Nuaire do supply a 500w heater that can be attached to the Drimaster,
    Hi,

I fitted a standard drimaster a couple of months ago but only using it recently. Its starting to get cooler now so starting to see condensation. I saw your post about the timer so I fitted a timer because it made sense for us too.

Following a couple of mornings with soaked windows I increased the fan speed up to max. Its in a central hallway in a bungalow. Early days yet but it seems to help, the air is definitely not as heavy and condensation is reduced. I'm waiting to see how it performs when its raining for a couple of days.

I'm just curious, what is your situation like now since its been a while using it?
  • dampdaveski
    Options
    Hi 306,
    Unless you have a huge 6 bedroom bungalow you really don't want your drimaster running on speed setting 6. You will run the risk of over ventilating your property, using too much electric (admittedly even on full speed it isnt much) and losing too much heat that you've paid for.

Assuming you have a 3-4 bed bungalow (or house) put it on speed setting 4 for a few days.
    The following will make your unit work better
    Make sure the ventilation in your roof space is good
    Make sure your trap hatch is well sealed
    Make sure there are no uncovered water tanks in the loft
    Make sure you leave the doors cracked open as much as possible to the problem rooms
    When cooking, keep the kitchen door closed if possible and open a window
    After using the shower or bath keep the door closed afterwards and open the window nice and wide for 20 minutes (obviously not if this creates a security issue)

Hope this helps
    DD
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looking to buy one of these, couple of questions on the Heat model though...

Why would you leave the kitchen door closed and open a window? Won't the drimaster help push stale kitchen air out the window if u leave the door open?

The operation instructions say you can set the target temp? So say the air is 10c can I set it to blow air out at 22c the manual seems to say that it will.

Thank you
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Robwiz
    Robwiz Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    We had the basic version installed in September. Didn't really see any difference in condensation at first, then from October, when the loft temperature dropped to around 8º, it cooled upstairs way too much.

These may be okay to install in rental properties to protect from damp and mould, but if it's your own home then extractors in kitchen and bathrooms plus a dehumidifier would be a better investment.
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    I have fitted several of these units.
    In fact I have just replaced a 20 year old model.
    I looked at the heated version, but at 500w I just fitted a standard un heated model.
    It does I am afraid make the upstairs a little cooler though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure