nuaire drimaster

Options
Following previous posts regarding mould / mildew, we have increased the ventilation and use a dehumidifier regularily. We live in a coastal location so humidity will always be an issue.

The situation is significantly improved but we would like to do away with the dehumidifier.

Has anyone got any experience of a nuaire drimaster?

Comments

• littlesnuggy
    Options
    Yes, they're brilliant bits of kit. Wish I had a loft so I could put one in (and can't have a Flatmaster version as in Listed Building so can't put a new vent to outside).

They're not noisy at all and their technical dept told me they cost about £5 a year to run. People usually notice the difference in air quality within days.
  • ian103
    ian103 Posts: 883 Forumite
    Options
    just bumping up to see if anyone has any recommendations - seems highly recommended by the suppliers / installers but are they good in the real world?
  • 2Sheds
    2Sheds Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've had a Drimaster for about 3/4 yrs.

Installed it myself took a couple of hours.

Works ok, we still get condensation on the windows but it's not a bad.

but it does blow cold air into the house 24/7 which in the really cold weather isn't good.

So I now use a timer on Drimaster comes on a Midnight and goes off at 7am.

Nuaire do supply a 500w heater that can be attached to the Drimaster,
  • newtond
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm looking into the Drimaster product for a bungalow but I'm undecided over the 2000 and Heat models. It's cheaper to buy the Heat model than add the heater to a 2000, but my concern is the running cost during cold spells. For those who have fitted the 2000, have you noticed the drop in temperature through the vent?.
  • greyteam1959
    Options
    I have had a drimaster 2000 for over 15 years brilliant bit of kit.
    Does tend to blow a bit cold when we get the minus temperatures outside.
    I have been thinking of fitting a timer as the OP suggests.
    Don't know how much the heater element would cost to run....I suppose you could work it out roughly if you knew the size of the heater.
  • newtond
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I've had a statement from nuair that worst case would be £2.16 per 24hr period. A prolonged cold spell could prove expensive!
  • dampdaveski
    Options
    newtond wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I've had a statement from nuair that worst case would be £2.16 per 24hr period. A prolonged cold spell could prove expensive!

I fit drimaster units every single day at the moment.
    A drimaster heat is going to increase the incoming air temperature by a maximum of 8 deg c. therefore all it's going to do is take the 'edge off'
    I would recommend a drimaster heat if you live in a bungalow (because you spend more time walking in your hallway than in a 2 storey house) or if you have a house with a small landing OR if you feel the cold a lot.

There is always going to be a compromise between controlling your condensation & mould problem and having the one area of your house you spend the least amount of time in feeling a little cooler some of the time

The other thing to remember is that the standard drimaster unit (the cheapest) will sort out a condensation problem in a house just as well as the Drimaster 2000 or Drimaster heat.
    If you need anything else just ask ;)
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    We have an Xpelair EverDri LongLife Ultra DC in a three bedroom house and my parents have one in a two bed bungalow.
    You do have an area under the Everdri that is cold due to the air it draws into the attic from outside, but as long as doors are left slightly open at night you get no condensation on windows the next morning.

5 settings: Small, average, large, extra large and summer setting - Very low running costs.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • dampdaveski
    Options
    Meadows wrote: »
    We have an Xpelair EverDri LongLife Ultra DC in a three bedroom house and my parents have one in a two bed bungalow.
    You do have an area under the Everdri that is cold due to the air it draws into the attic from outside, but as long as doors are left slightly open at night you get no condensation on windows the next morning.

5 settings: Small, average, large, extra large and summer setting - Very low running costs.

most of the different PIV units available will work a treat, the one you mention is bought in by xpelair (i.e. they get someone else to make it and just put a margin on)
    They are a bit overpriced for what they are and IMO the nuaire unit is better and cheaper.

P.S. I don't work for nuaire ;)
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
  • newtond
    Options
    I fit drimaster units every single day at the moment.
    A drimaster heat is going to increase the incoming air temperature by a maximum of 8 deg c. therefore all it's going to do is take the 'edge off'
    I would recommend a drimaster heat if you live in a bungalow (because you spend more time walking in your hallway than in a 2 storey house) or if you have a house with a small landing OR if you feel the cold a lot.

There is always going to be a compromise between controlling your condensation & mould problem and having the one area of your house you spend the least amount of time in feeling a little cooler some of the time

The other thing to remember is that the standard drimaster unit (the cheapest) will sort out a condensation problem in a house just as well as the Drimaster 2000 or Drimaster heat.
    If you need anything else just ask ;)

Appreciate the reply.

Buying the heat model works out cheaper than buying the add-on heater later if needed. I understand the heating function can be disabled by removing the power supply, reverting the unit to a standard Drimaster unit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure