nuaire drimaster

Options
14567810»

Comments

• richardc1983
    Options
    Ayrton wrote: »
    I fitted it on a really hot day, and after setting itself up, it turned off. I was perturbed by this at first but on reading up, I find the unit is smart enough to do this for itself. On hot days you won't be contributing to a condensation problem and the unit isn't needed, so this is a power saving feature.

Very good post, in regards to the temperature function, this is more so to stop the hot air blowing in from your loft heating your house further. It assumes that on these days you would have external doors and windows open anyway to ventilate.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • philALW03
    Options
    I had a Drimaster installed yesterday. I have a 140 year old 3 bed semi detached house. The Drimaster has been installed behind a section of the loft that has been converted into a bedroom, because the loft conversion is used the hatch is constantly open and the Drimaster is positioned approx. 10ft away from the opening. My question is will this negate the purpose of the Drimaster? Is it imperative that the loft hatch is sealed?

Thank you in advance...
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    philALW03 wrote: »
    I had a Drimaster installed yesterday. I have a 140 year old 3 bed semi detached house. The Drimaster has been installed behind a section of the loft that has been converted into a bedroom, because the loft conversion is used the hatch is constantly open and the Drimaster is positioned approx. 10ft away from the opening. My question is will this negate the purpose of the Drimaster? Is it imperative that the loft hatch is sealed?

Thank you in advance...

Yes absolutely as the drimaster will gently pressurise the house with whatever air is in the loft, forcing it out through gaps in the house. So if the loft hatch is open the same air will just be recirculating as that is the path of least resistance for the air.

The hatch needs closing so that the drimaster will pump air out of the loft into the house and the air that replaces the air in the loft will be from the outside and will be fresh.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    philALW03 wrote: »

Thank you in advance...

Welcome to MSE. :)

Your domestic ventilation installer - hopefully BPEC qualified - is the best person to ask, because they have assessed your setup, recommended this product and where it is sited.

BTW is the hatch supposed to left open when the area is occupied (fire safety)?
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport