nuaire drimaster

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    That is two of us who have suggested starting own thread but OP has not been back since posting.
  • Ds101
    Options
    Hi I have a drimaster in the loft for past 10 years with no problems. But has now stopped working. There is power to the unit as the lights are on ,if I take the fuse out then replace it the unit starts to work again for a few seconds the lights on the settings go crazy then one Light stays on and a second later the unit shuts down .can you offer any possible solutions to this as my window's are starting to become damp thanks
  • richardc1983
    Options
    10 years is a good life for a unit that runs 24/7 so it might be that it has come to the end of its natural life.

Try calling Nuaire technical support on 02920 858400 as it's their product they should be able to advise you on what the issue is.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Ds101
    Options
    Many many thanks for the help. Contacted nuaire support told me it had gone into standby mode due to loft getting too hot . Gave me instructions on how to override temperature control. Unit back up and running great and I was looking at taking it out and dumping it . Once again many thanks you saved me a lot of money
    :):):):)
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you never noticed that before? Mine does that in the summer time and I have it set so that it only turns off if the loft gets above 30C.
  • Shosha
    Options
    I have the drimaster heat and had it installed by an electrician in feb 16, but the electician didn't install the heat element!! (Don't ask me why)
    I want to know IF I could and how to do this myself as I have a double socket in the loft already and would like to use it with a wifi plug so I can control the heating without going into the loft.
    Any help would be much appreciated especially from Richard1983
  • richardc1983
    Options
    Shosha wrote: »
    I have the drimaster heat and had it installed by an electrician in feb 16, but the electician didn't install the heat element!! (Don't ask me why)
    I want to know IF I could and how to do this myself as I have a double socket in the loft already and would like to use it with a wifi plug so I can control the heating without going into the loft.
    Any help would be much appreciated especially from Richard1983

Just needs a plug on the end of the power lead with a 3 amp fuse fitted. It's only a 500w max current draw.

If your confident with wiring a plug then you'll be fine. I also use a wifi plug.

Set the thermostat inside the control box on the heater to about 10-15c I have mine at 15c.
  • Shosha
    Options
    Hi thank you for your reply. I opened the white circuit box but it seems like the live earth and neutral wires ate soldered in?! Does that sound right? I'll try and add a picture.
    Also in regards to the power wire does it matter if it's the grey one or white one?
  • richardc1983
    Options
    Shosha wrote: »
    Hi thank you for your reply. I opened the white circuit box but it seems like the live earth and neutral wires ate soldered in?! Does that sound right? I'll try and add a picture.
    Also in regards to the power wire does it matter if it's the grey one or white one?

I think you need to avoid doing this as you don't seem to be knowledgeable at doing this it would be unsafe for us on this forum to advise you on what to do.

I would recommend you go back to your electrician its a quick 5 minute job for him to do.
  • Shosha
    Options
    Ok thank you for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills